Millennials: Is the Right On the Way Out?

Your problem is not that you blame heroin users for getting pregnant, it's that you continually show zero understanding of basic socioeconomics at any level whatsoever.

(I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul)

That's a pretty wide path to cut there with that statement.

So....just because someone doesn't feel sorry for another person who sticks a needle in their arm and ruins their lives you are asking for mercy from God?

For the record, there are very few drug addicts I feel sorry for. Now, if they are ready to clean themselves up and get help, I'm all for getting them help. But, feel sorry for them???.....meh....it's their choice.

Hey, Doc I would like you to kill my baby so I don't have to take any responsibility for my actions.

Those sluts, amirite?

Well that's impressive. I by no means said they are sluts. But, if you decide that you are ready for sex than you better be ready for what can come of it.

What if they didn't decide that they were ready for sex?

I am guessing you are referring to if they were forced to have sex....In that case it is really hard for me to get passed how ungodly horrible it must be to have to carry a baby knowing and reminded everyday what had happened (not that such an individual wouldn't think about it everyday anyways), but it is still an innocent baby that didn't do anything to hurt anyone. I firmly believe that the guilt later on in life would be much harder to deal with if you decided to kill the baby. I do think that on some level there will be legalized abortions in extreme cases, but I personally cant get past the innocent baby part.

I am guessing you are referring to if they were forced to have sex....In that case it is really hard for me to get passed how ungodly horrible it must be to have to carry a baby knowing and reminded everyday what had happened (not that such an individual wouldn't think about it everyday anyways), but it is still an innocent baby that didn't do anything to hurt anyone. I firmly believe that the guilt later on in life would be much harder to deal with if you decided to kill the baby. I do think that on some level there will be legalized abortions in extreme cases, but I personally cant get past the innocent baby part.

The real thing that (IMO) you need to personally get past is the baby part.

Aborting an early fetus is not murdering a baby. Let's get the wording correct - throwing out shock words hardly has any place in a reasonable discussion about any policy. You want to debate? Let's debate.

Aborting an early fetus is not murdering a baby. Let's get the wording correct - throwing out shock words hardly has any place in a reasonable discussion about any policy. You want to debate? Let's debate.

Well, the real debate is when life begins. If you believe life begins at conception, then it is murdering a baby. If you believe life begins sometime after that then you can say it's not murder.

Well, the real debate is when life begins. If you believe life begins at conception, then it is murdering a baby. If you believe life begins sometime after that then you can say it's not murder.

Eh . . . not really. Baby has a specific definition. Fetus has a specific definition. The twain ain't the same.

Eh . . . not really. Baby has a specific definition. Fetus has a specific definition. The twain ain't the same.

Just googled "fetus" and this is the definition that came up.

fe·tus
ˈfētəs/
noun
  1. an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

Now, if you choose to believe life hasn't started yet then that is your choice.

Ever notice how those definitions fit specific political ideologies? Pro-abortion people use "fetus," while the other camp uses "baby." It's the same thing, couched in terms that make whichever ideology one adheres to more palatable.

It sounds worse to abort a baby. Aborting a fetus? Not so much.

Ever notice how those definitions fit specific political ideologies? Pro-abortion people use "fetus," while the other camp uses "baby." It's the same thing, couched in terms that make whichever ideology one adheres to more palatable.

Ever notice how medicine uses the terms "fetus" and "baby/infant/newborn"? It's not about ideology or branding . . . it's about science. ^_^

Just googled "fetus" and this is the definition that came up.

fe·tus

ˈfētəs/

noun

•  

an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

Now, if you choose to believe life hasn't started yet then that is your choice.

Ask your doctor what the difference is between a fetus and a baby.

Ever notice how medicine uses the terms "fetus" and "baby"? It's not about ideology or branding . . . it's about science.

Yes. Abortion doctors tend to use the word fetus. OBGYNs tend to use the word baby. Pretending it's only about science isn't the reality. Abortion is a big business. Let's not pretend that everyone involved is practicing medicine from a strictly scientific point of view.

Ever notice how medicine uses the terms "fetus" and "baby"? It's not about ideology or branding . . . it's about science.

Yes. Abortion doctors tend to use the word fetus. OBGYNs tend to use the word baby. Pretending it's only about science isn't the reality. Abortion is a big business. Let's not pretend that everyone involved is practicing medicine from a strictly scientific point of view.

You know that abortion doctors are OBGYNs, right?

I don't know any doctors who would say that the terms are interchangeable. I don't doubt that a few of those people exist, but I'd venture an educated guess that a vast majority say baby = post-birth and fetus = prior to birth. Particularly so when they're discussing the field amongst peers and not trying to explain terms to a 15yo.

The argument of when life begins has nothing to do with the fetus/baby distinction. An unborn child is a fetus. A child that has been born is a baby. This is just not really up for discussion. Any usage of the words otherwise is done for shock value, negative contrived connotations of combinations of words, always used disingenuously.