Millennials: Is the Right On the Way Out?

A same sided president & congress is always a horrible idea. Kinda bypasses the whole checks & balances deal.

we're stuck in the middle of this massive gridlock tying up every bill, even mundane ones, and cacti is over here like "bro if one party controls two branches of government, WHO KNOWS what kind of crazy batsh#t stuff might get done by a party that Americans elected to office and who are acting under the parameters of the constitution! No laws being passed is much preferable!"

There are some things that aren't even partisan issues that are being held hostage in hopes of forcing the hand of the party on the partisan issues and so on/so forth

I mean the government shut the f#*k down because we couldn't pass a simple budget. Have we forgotten? There comes a point when the stagnation gets really really bad. Gridlock might not be bad in certain situations, but as a whole it is definitely not a positive and has few redeeming qualities.

Well yea, I guess you're right. Total gridlock or artificial forced gridlock - holding issues hostage when they're not related to something else - is probably a bad thing. We get the clowns we elect. It's all a rigged game...yada yada yada. I'm too disillusioned with politics to care anymore.

Yeah...I'm trying to force myself to care less. I care so much that it's starting to bring me down a bit. I should probably just live my life and vote on voting day and be happier for it.

On the other hand the jackass in the back of my head is going "You idiot, the problem is that not enough people care! Not enough people are searching for answers! Stand up for what's right!" ...sigh

A same sided president & congress is always a horrible idea. Kinda bypasses the whole checks & balances deal.

we're stuck in the middle of this massive gridlock tying up every bill, even mundane ones, and cacti is over here like "bro if one party controls two branches of government, WHO KNOWS what kind of crazy batsh#t stuff might get done by a party that Americans elected to office and who are acting under the parameters of the constitution!

Exactly what I'm saying, and I'm sticking to it.

If we had a left wing President & Congress, the spending would be astronomical. If we had a right wing president & congress, the spending would be cut to the point where nothing would get done. Getting it passed before the government "closes down" just to prevent it closing down isn't the problem, it's the stubbornness of each party to come to a COMPROMISE as to what is best for this country.

Believe me, you don't want Republicans only running this country, but at the same time, you don't want only Dems running it.

Yeah...I'm trying to force myself to care less. I care so much that it's starting to bring me down a bit. I should probably just live my life and vote on voting day and be happier for it.

On the other hand the jackass in the back of my head is going "You idiot, the problem is that not enough people care! Not enough people are searching for answers! Stand up for what's right!" ...sigh

1. Voting does little to nothing. If anything it grants legitimacy to a system that is a joke at this point.

2. The minute you "stand up" or "search for answers" you're either:

a. Labeled as a crazy and completely discounted

or

b. Co-opted by one of the two groups and your efforts get diverted and perverted into nothingness

Feel free to ignore me. I'm just a bitter old cynic.

we're stuck in the middle of this massive gridlock tying up every bill, even mundane ones, and cacti is over here like "bro if one party controls two branches of government, WHO KNOWS what kind of crazy batsh#t stuff might get done by a party that Americans elected to office and who are acting under the parameters of the constitution!

Exactly what I'm saying, and I'm sticking to it.

If we had a left wing President & Congress, the spending would be astronomical. If we had a right wing president & congress, the spending would be cut to the point where nothing would get done. Getting it passed before the government "closes down" just to prevent it closing down isn't the problem, it's the stubbornness of each party to come to a COMPROMISE as to what is best for this country.

Believe me, you don't want Republicans only running this country, but at the same time, you don't want only Dems running it.

Well...

govt-spending-per-capita-1.jpg

So not exactly....

I know what you're saying, but the fact of the matter is that if one party gets into power and starts enacting a whole bunch of crazy laws, the public will vote them out right away. The parties themselves might suck at solving problems, but they're good at playing the political game and trying to gain and hold power. There's no way either party would go full crazy while holding both branches - they'd fall out of power quickly and wouldn't hold it for a long time. And neither party is dumb about the finances - Dems and Repubs both spend a sh#t ton of money, they just disagree with where it should go and the tax revenue.

1. Voting does little to nothing. If anything it grants legitimacy to a system that is a joke at this point.

2. The minute you "stand up" or "search for answers" you're either:

a. Labeled as a crazy and completely discounted

or

b. Co-opted by one of the two groups and your efforts get diverted and perverted into nothingness

Feel free to ignore me. I'm just a bitter old cynic.

So I'm stuck preaching on message boards apparently. Welp.

What strides need to be made on abortion?

Liberals want to be able kill babies anytime, any restriction on abortion is an attack on women.

Compromise: if the government can't lay claims on anybody's guns, then they can't lay claims on what a woman does with her child.

What strides need to be made on abortion?

Liberals want to be able kill babies anytime, any restriction on abortion is an attack on women.

Compromise: if the government can't lay claims on anybody's guns, then they can't lay claims on what a woman does with her child.

I have to disagree with you there. Guns & Children don't even compare. At 8 weeks from conception, there's a heartbeat, that's a person in my book.

Also, why when there is a murder of a pregnant woman, there's a double homicide charge, but abortion is ok?