Millennials: Is the Right On the Way Out?

• 65 percent of Millennials think it would help the economy to cut spending…
  • …but 62 percent and 58 percent think it'd help the economy to boost spending on job training and infrastructure, respectively.
  • 58 percent think that it'd help the economy to cut taxes…
  • …but 66 percent think it'd help the economy to raise taxes on the wealthy.
  • 74 percent think the government should guarantee that everyone gets enough to eat and a place to sleep, 68 percent think it should guarantee a living wage, and 54 percent think it should guaranteed a college education…
  • …but 66 percent believe that "when something is run by the government, it is usually inefficient and wasteful."

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/14/5891765/millennials-incoherent-politics-libertarians

Lol bunch of slackers just saying whatever comes to mind.

1) It's entirely possible to cut spending while boosting spending on areas such as infrastructure and job training. Perhaps the survey (not sure if conducted by Vox or not) should have questioned the areas of government spending Millennials feel are wasteful, frivolous, and unnecessary. You take that surplus of cash and you spend it in other, more important areas. More than likely, the money taken from the wasteful areas will exceed the money spent on the important areas.

2) I--a Millennial myself--understand the idea behind cutting taxes, but raising taxes on the wealthy. At this point, I don't see how it's going to be possible without a collective change in the mindset of wealthy people when it comes to managing their money. A lot of rich people donate money to charities. In return, they receive a tax cut. If you take that system away, the only people donating would be people who are doing so out of the goodness of their heart. I don't know about you, but I don't foresee a lot of people donating $2,000,000 to a charity if they're not going to receive a tax cut for it. But maybe I'm underestimating the amount of "good" people in the country. Similarly, raising taxes on the wealthy is going to force them to reallocate some of the money they would have spent donating to charity to pay the increased taxes. Yet, I'm not sure tax cuts are the way to go either. The whole idea behind cutting taxes is to give people more money to spend on consumer items. The problem is that it doesn't happen. A majority of people would save the extra money in accounts.

3) The obvious first step here is to find a way to ensure that government provided x good or service isn't inefficient or wasteful. How exactly that is accomplished is unclear.

Millennials aren't the generation that the older generation stereotypes them to be. We've inherited a helluva a mess, a mess that for the most part isn't our creation...yet we're the bane of society. Got it. Last I checked, government wasn't ran by a bunch of 18-30 year olds.

• Fire 1

• 65 percent of Millennials think it would help the economy to cut spending…
  • …but 62 percent and 58 percent think it'd help the economy to boost spending on job training and infrastructure, respectively.
  • 58 percent think that it'd help the economy to cut taxes…
  • …but 66 percent think it'd help the economy to raise taxes on the wealthy.
  • 74 percent think the government should guarantee that everyone gets enough to eat and a place to sleep, 68 percent think it should guarantee a living wage, and 54 percent think it should guaranteed a college education…
  • …but 66 percent believe that "when something is run by the government, it is usually inefficient and wasteful."

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/14/5891765/millennials-incoherent-politics-libertarians

Lol bunch of slackers just saying whatever comes to mind.

1) It's entirely possible to cut spending while boosting spending on areas such as infrastructure and job training. Perhaps the survey (not sure if conducted by Vox or not) should have questioned the areas of government spending Millennials feel are wasteful, frivolous, and unnecessary. You take that surplus of cash and you spend it in other, more important areas. More than likely, the money taken from the wasteful areas will exceed the money spent on the important areas.

2) I--a Millennial myself--understand the idea behind cutting taxes, but raising taxes on the wealthy. At this point, I don't see how it's going to be possible without a collective change in the mindset of wealthy people when it comes to managing their money. A lot of rich people donate money to charities. In return, they receive a tax cut. If you take that system away, the only people donating would be people who are doing so out of the goodness of their heart. I don't know about you, but I don't foresee a lot of people donating $2,000,000 to a charity if they're not going to receive a tax cut for it. But maybe I'm underestimating the amount of "good" people in the country. Similarly, raising taxes on the wealthy is going to force them to reallocate some of the money they would have spent donating to charity to pay the increased taxes. Yet, I'm not sure tax cuts are the way to go either. The whole idea behind cutting taxes is to give people more money to spend on consumer items. The problem is that it doesn't happen. A majority of people would save the extra money in accounts.

3) The obvious first step here is to find a way to ensure that government provided x good or service isn't inefficient or wasteful. How exactly that is accomplished is unclear.

Millennials aren't the generation that the older generation stereotypes them to be. We've inherited a helluva a mess, a mess that for the most part isn't our creation...yet we're the bane of society. Got it. Last I checked, government wasn't ran by a bunch of 18-30 year olds.

So...let me get this straight. If I'm rich and I donate $2,000,000 to a charity that directly use that money for a purpose that I support like....let's say.....a children's hospital or cancer research or aids research....that's bad. BUT, if I don't do that and that money goes to the government in taxes so that fat cat politicians can play political games with it.....that's good.

Hmmmmmm.......