Millennials: Is the Right On the Way Out?

What strides need to be made on abortion?

Liberals want to be able kill babies anytime, any restriction on abortion is an attack on women.

Compromise: if the government can't lay claims on anybody's guns, then they can't lay claims on what a woman does with her child.

I have to disagree with you there. Guns & Children don't even compare. At 8 weeks from conception, there's a heartbeat, that's a person in my book.

Also, why when there is a murder of a pregnant woman, there's a double homicide charge, but abortion is ok?

I completely agree with you. Abortion isn't something I agree with; I think adoption should always be the way to go if the mother isn't going to want the child.

And you're right: guns and children don't even compare. But I'm not really directly comparing guns and children, am I? Nope, I'm comparing the amount of life lost as the result of guns and as a result of abortions. The US has seen an incredible amount of mass shootings, some of which involved children as victims. I find it ridiculous that the same political party who wishes to legislate control over women's bodies on the grounds that children are killed is the same party who wishes to block legislation on control over weapons that kill the same children they wish to protect.

All of this is really hinting at my biggest problem with the Republican party (and it could definitely be as a result of my misunderstanding). When it comes to abortions, the Democrats look at it and say, "Okay, you can legally have an abortion, but it has to be before x defined date." When it comes to gun control, the Democrats look at it and say, "Okay, you can legally own guns, we just want to make sure that you can pass a through background check first." I don't see flexibility like that in the Republican ideology, and it's that rigidness that bothers me, but I'm always willing to learn if somebody would be willing to teach and explain. Btw, I'm talking moderate Democrats--extremists on both sides are incredibly bad...we all know that.

What strides need to be made on abortion?

Liberals want to be able kill babies anytime, any restriction on abortion is an attack on women.

Compromise: if the government can't lay claims on anybody's guns, then they can't lay claims on what a woman does with her child.

I have to disagree with you there. Guns & Children don't even compare. At 8 weeks from conception, there's a heartbeat, that's a person in my book.

Also, why when there is a murder of a pregnant woman, there's a double homicide charge, but abortion is ok?

I completely agree with you. Abortion isn't something I agree with; I think adoption should always be the way to go if the mother isn't going to want the child.

And you're right: guns and children don't even compare. But I'm not really directly comparing guns and children, am I? Nope, I'm comparing the amount of life lost as the result of guns and as a result of abortions. The US has seen an incredible amount of mass shootings, some of which involved children as victims. I find it ridiculous that the same political party who wishes to legislate control over women's bodies on the grounds that children are killed is the same party who wishes to block legislation on control over weapons that kill the same children they wish to protect.

All of this is really hinting at my biggest problem with the Republican party (and it could definitely be as a result of my misunderstanding). When it comes to abortions, the Democrats look at it and say, "Okay, you can legally have an abortion, but it has to be before x defined date." When it comes to gun control, the Democrats look at it and say, "Okay, you can legally own guns, we just want to make sure that you can pass a through background check first." I don't see flexibility like that in the Republican ideology, and it's that rigidness that bothers me, but I'm always willing to learn if somebody would be willing to teach and explain. Btw, I'm talking moderate Democrats--extremists on both sides are incredibly bad...we all know that.

I get the feeling that you are comparing moderate democrats to extreme republicans. I know a lot of Republicans that don't want their right to own guns taken away but fully understand you don't want people with mental disorders and felons being able to own guns.

You are right, there are extremes on both sides. The problem with the Republican party right now is that it seems like they are only listening to the extremes on the right and not the moderates. The Dems have moved more to the moderates.

Didn't Obama have a democrat controlled congress ghe first two years?

People act like he has never had that.

I think that it was around 14 weeks . . . discussed in another thread.

My comment was more or less a smart ass comment. But, didn't he have a Democrat congress the from the start of his first term till the mid term elections? How do you calculate 14 weeks?

A same sided president & congress is always a horrible idea. Kinda bypasses the whole checks & balances deal.

we're stuck in the middle of this massive gridlock tying up every bill, even mundane ones, and cacti is over here like "bro if one party controls two branches of government, WHO KNOWS what kind of crazy batsh#t stuff might get done by a party that Americans elected to office and who are acting under the parameters of the constitution! No laws being passed is much preferable!"

So basically you are saying that you would like our government move to communism. Thanks for the clear update on where you stand.

Hey, Doc I would like you to kill my baby so I don't have to take any responsibility for my actions. Or hey, my wife just got raped in our own home because I didn't have my gun to shoot the m'fker who came into MY house because the gov't took my guns away. And, Yes I know I would pull the trigger in this situation.

• Fire 1

Hey, Doc I would like you to kill my baby so I don't have to take any responsibility for my actions.

Agree 100%. There is an action that has to occur to have a child. I'm not promoting not doing it by any means, but there's also many ways to prevent the pregnancy from happening in the first place. Many of those items are handed out for free at multiple places.

I don't think that makes me an extreme conservative. I'm not saying "keep it in your pants and it won't happen." Just prepare and plan ahead and you won't have to kill an unborn child.

Didn't Obama have a democrat controlled congress ghe first two years?

People act like he has never had that.

I think that it was around 14 weeks . . . discussed in another thread.

My comment was more or less a smart ass comment. But, didn't he have a Democrat congress the from the start of his first term till the mid term elections? How do you calculate 14 weeks?

I think that the length of time when Congress was in session and when the Ds had a filibuster proof majority was around 14 weeks. (Or 16 weeks? I don't remember exactly.)

(OT) Does HB have its own version of the Wikipedia Hitler Game with abortion?

On the topic of whether young voters tend to become more conservative as they age, I went through Presidential election exit poll data dating back to 1952, noted the Democratic or (Republican) margin among those voters, then compared that to the general election popular vote margin and came up with a final number of how much more Democratic or (Republican) the young electorate (under 30) was than the general electorate.

Results:

1952: 13

1956: 1

1960: 8

1964: 6

1968: 10

1972: 19

1976: 6

1980: 11

1984 (4)

1988: 2

1992: 7

1996: 11

2000: 0

2004: 15

2008: 27

2012: 20

In short, while it has ebbed and flowed, young voters, have nearly always been significantly to the left of the American electorate as a whole, and if they had stayed there as they aged, we'd have a very different-looking political system today.

Hey, Doc I would like you to kill my baby so I don't have to take any responsibility for my actions.

Those sluts, amirite?

Well that's impressive. I by no means said they are sluts. But, if you decide that you are ready for sex than you better be ready for what can come of it.

Those sluts, amirite?

Well that's impressive. I by no means said they are sluts. But, if you decide that you are ready for sex than you better be ready for what can come of it.

I got in trouble in high school in the human behaviors class because I didn't sympathize with heroin users, people who got aids through consensual sex and pregnant etc etc. I said they are responsible for their own actions and as a result something happened. Liberal teacher didn't like that, I was suppose to weep for them apparently.

Your problem is not that you blame heroin users for getting pregnant, it's that you continually show zero understanding of basic socioeconomics at any level whatsoever.

(I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul)

• Fire 2

Those sluts, amirite?

What if they didn't decide that they were ready for sex?

Your problem is not that you blame heroin users for getting pregnant, it's that you continually show zero understanding of basic socioeconomics at any level whatsoever.

(I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul)

Three different categories, the heroin users weren't getting pregnant, at least not in the examples used for the class, it was just an example of human behaviors.