Battle for the Carries that AA Leaves Behind

For being a true freshman and a guy who could basically rely on his blazing speed in high school, I was pretty impressed as how willing Newby was to lower a shoulder and hit people last year. Add patience to those qualities and we have the makings of a special one.

Agreed.

I thought Taylor was the one more ready for the college game by watching his high school films and seeing his between-the-tackle ability compared to Newby's "rely on speed to the corner" style. But youre right, Newby really did show some quick maturation in the run game. And with Taylor out AGAIN, that's a good thing.

For being a true freshman and a guy who could basically rely on his blazing speed in high school, I was pretty impressed as how willing Newby was to lower a shoulder and hit people last year. Add patience to those qualities and we have the makings of a special one.

I thought so too. I actually thought he looked more natural than Rex, Helu, and Ameer did during their rookie years.

Like the guy that called into sports nightly the other night tellin Sharp and the other guy to quit gettin folks hopes up. Was puttin a bunch of words in Sharps mouth that he really never said, like how we'll be playin for the national title, have the best dline ever and so on. Pretty sure if cussin was ok on that show, Sharp woulda told the guy to bleepity bleep bleep bleep. The guy was a class A dousch. I just wish I knew which of you it was.