Injury bug hits OSU in a big way

Branno

So the Buckeyes are looking at three or four losses? Expect Urban's retirement announcement soon, his healthy and family life are far more important than any game.

Who's looking at losses? We're still aiming for undefeated. Offense was never the question, so Miller's injury doesn't change that. This wasn't like his freshman year where when he got injured against Nebraska, we all knew we lost the game (even being up 3 scores) and had Bauserman making complete passes in the stands.

Michigan and Michigan St will beat OSU. Wouldn't be surprised to see VaTech win either. I would say 3 wins is about what Miller is worth.

He's worth AT LEAST 21 points, and you are beating none of those teams by more than that WITH Miller.

So the Buckeyes are looking at three or four losses? Expect Urban's retirement announcement soon, his healthy and family life are far more important than any game.

Who's looking at losses? We're still aiming for undefeated. Offense was never the question, so Miller's injury doesn't change that. This wasn't like his freshman year where when he got injured against Nebraska, we all knew we lost the game (even being up 3 scores) and had Bauserman making complete passes in the stands.

Michigan and Michigan St will beat OSU. Wouldn't be surprised to see VaTech win either. I would say 3 wins is about what Miller is worth.

He's worth AT LEAST 21 points, and you are beating none of those teams by more than that WITH Miller.

21 points total on the season or 21 points per game? 21 points per game seems a bit high.

Lets just say this, if the defense is better than it was last year, it will make up for a lot.

This news is just pure horse crap!

OSU will find a way to manage the loss of BM but that is terrible news for them and the B1G. I am not a fan of Urban but always want the B1G to represent well and this hurts all of us who are in the B1G.

Classy kid, best wishes for him and his future!

GBR

• Fire 1

21 points total on the season or 21 points per game? 21 points per game seems a bit high.

Lets just say this, if the defense is better than it was last year, it will make up for a lot.

You don't think Miller accounted for 3 TD's a game?

You don't think Miller accounted for 3 TD's a game?

He was responsible for 36 touchdowns for the season (rushing and passing). What I am saying is the next man up doesn't have to account for 36 touchdowns this season if the defense is improved. I think we can all agree that Barrett, the guy replacing Miller, will be able to find the end zone a few times this year.

Navy will be a lot closer game than tOSU fans will want or expect. It's on the road and Navy returns basically their entire offense. They went 9-4 a year ago and only lost to Notre Dame by 4. Breaking in a new QB will be interesting on the road. I think there will be growing pains, and not everyone can do what Manziel can. However, the OSU boards think otherwise. The logic now is that JT was probably going to make a run for the 1's anyways and Miller has always been injury prone so they were planned for it. I guess however you cope with it.

Everyone is aiming for undefeated. Without going through the 2013 OSU schedule, I'm sure there had to have been a game or two that were won because Braxton Miller put the team on his shoulders, and there is no way you have a backup as talented as him.

Four losses is probably the worst case scenario for OSU, I just want to rail on Urban Meyer. f#*k that guy.

Ironically, I believe firmly, that Braxton Miller being in the game was the reason we lost to MSU in the B1G championship game last season. With Hyde getting 6 yards a carry, they gave it to Miller when we needed one yard.

Have you seen Michigan and Va Tech the past few years? Both are shells of their former selves. Michigan State is a tough one however.

Navy will be a lot closer game than tOSU fans will want or expect. It's on the road and Navy returns basically their entire offense. They went 9-4 a year ago and only lost to Notre Dame by 4. Breaking in a new QB will be interesting on the road. I think there will be growing pains, and not everyone can do what Manziel can. However, the OSU boards think otherwise. The logic now is that JT was probably going to make a run for the 1's anyways and Miller has always been injury prone so they were planned for it. I guess however you cope with it.

It's because everyone in the know is comparing JT to Kenny Guiton. And all OSU fans were very comfortable with Guiton as a backup. They knew the dropoff would be pretty much nonexistent.

Navy plays a lot of people close because of their offensive style. As for JT making a run at the #1 spot earlier, I have never heard that from respectable people surrounding OSU. Since Miller took over the starting job his freshman year, his position has never been in doubt. As long as he is healthy and on the team, he will start at QB.

Honestly, this sucks. The Big 10 needs their stars playing. We need as many teams as close to 100% as possible and kicking ass. Then, we need to kick their ass.

Now, as for Urby Meyers??? Naaa...don't feel a bit sorry for him. I would like for him to have the same look on his face on the side lines as a previous Florida coach had in a famous Fiesta Bowl.

Honestly, this sucks. The Big 10 needs their stars playing. We need as many teams as close to 100% as possible and kicking ass. Then, we need to kick their ass.

Now, as for Urby Meyers??? Naaa...don't feel a bit sorry for him. I would like for him to have the same look on his face on the side lines as a previous Florida coach had in a famous Fiesta Bowl.

Why would anyone feel sorry for Urban Meyer? He wasn't the one that got injured.

In the future, I would like OSU make sure no other OSU players EVER grace the cover of SI. He made a regional cover after the Michigan game last year and lost the next game to Mich St followed by getting hurt in the Orange Bowl. Then he is on the regional cover for their preview and his arm promptly falls off.

Don't really care as much how B1G does the out of conference marque games, though not bowl games these are still being played out west and next year down south for the most part, the biggest provider of sport news and information is in bed with a another conference, hence the inter conference games and rankings will be completely FUBAR until conference champions play each other on neutral grounds, think 2077 for that.

So in the end I feel bad for the kid. OSU likely has some decent back up and life will go on.