Roster Management

NUpolo8

Polo - Braxton Miller potentially out for the season tonight after another shoulder injury. Can you tell me how Urban Meyer should better plan for his starting QB to get injured? And what should now be done with his scholarship?

Well for one Braxton's backup is pretty competent if I remember correctly.

And I'm quite confident Urban has recruiting on a premium.

I'm also very confident Ohio st and it's fans arent punting on the season.

1) Ohio St's previous back-up single-handedly gave us a game whatever year that was (2 years ago?) and now their back-up QB is a true-freshman.

2) I mean, I guess recruiting on a premium being that he's looking at his starting QB this season being a forced true-freshman QB.

3) I guess that's my big quarrel with you. YOU'RE the one punting, and it's so frustrating to me. I can't figure out why you're so negative about this season.

I'm not punting. And I don't think it's a talent issue at Nebraska. Never have.

Polo - Braxton Miller potentially out for the season tonight after another shoulder injury. Can you tell me how Urban Meyer should better plan for his starting QB to get injured? And what should now be done with his scholarship?

1) Ohio St's previous back-up single-handedly gave us a game whatever year that was (2 years ago?) and now their back-up QB is a true-freshman.

2) I mean, I guess recruiting on a premium being that he's looking at his starting QB this season being a forced true-freshman QB.

3) I guess that's my big quarrel with you. YOU'RE the one punting, and it's so frustrating to me. I can't figure out why you're so negative about this season.

Then, let me take a deep breath (I really am sorry) and let's just talk this out, like good couples do. What is it then, Polo? Are you that set that its a coaching thing?

Then, let me take a deep breath (I really am sorry) and let's just talk this out, like good couples do. What is it then, Polo? Are you that set that its a coaching thing?

i do not want to speak for NUpolo8, and i am of the opinion that the coaching staff could be successful (but i will not hold my breath), but the head coach is the only constant. well, not the only constant.

I hate it when we fight. Yes I do think that , but if we go down this road we further tire fire this thread.

• Fire 1

Bauserman was before Urban and polo is right, Urban is a beast in recruiting. A blow like this is tough for them nonetheless.

It's no coach's fault these things happen, but tOSU is probably better able to handle them than we are. Something to aspire to...

But I think this year, we are very competitive in being able to handle injuries. So I agree with neither the panic nor the criticism. Looks like they'll be fully put to the test on this count, though, so we shall see how good a shape the roster is really in.

Ummm.........

The NFL draft disagrees, but continue with your crusade.

Anyhow, I don't want to hear the crying from the entitled (can we still say that here? If not my apologies) if we make it to Indy and suffer an ass kicking because our defense has been decimated by injuries, suspensions, and defections.

Cuz we all know that a good coach can foresee and prepare for all of that.

So a good coach can probably in fact prepare for and expect injuries.

I mean right? I'm quite certain there isn't a coach anywhere who is looking at his team tonight and saying "yep, this is how it's going to look all year."

Since our current coach isn't delivering they goods that you crave, maybe your should ship him your crystal ball so that he can predict these things more precisely.

I guess I should take this to mean that you think there needs to be no injuries to be successful? I'm not saying anything shattering here. Injuries happen to every team and a lot of their expectations don't change. I'm watching people on tv as we speak saying that OSU should still contend, and they lost a pretty serious weapon, maybe the best in the conference.

Just bc the people on Sportscenter are saying they should doesn't mean they will. They will not win the NC w/o Miller. Probably wont even get a playoff berth.

Can someone (Mav) clarify if the 77 number is our actual scholarship count right now? Looks like people are confusing the injuries with scholly's, if you're injured, you still have a scholarship. That happens every season to every team obviously. But if we're truly at 77 right now...that's some pretty significant attrition. We did that a year or two ago too. I know based on Mav's numbers we came pretty close to hitting the 85 number in February - maybe 1 short? If we're at 77 now, giving 8 walk-ons scholarships is ridiculous. There aren't even 8 senior walk-ons left on the team. If they go into the season with 85 Joe Felici, Derek Foster who've never even played in a game would "earn" one. Drop down to the juniors and Long, Kuzu, Gangwish and Broekemeir get one, none of whom have played in a game. After that, there's still a couple more left. Who are all these "deserving" walkons you're talking about Atbone? The whole concept of the walk-on "earning" a scholarship is lost.

Can someone (Mav) clarify if the 77 number is our actual scholarship count right now? Looks like people are confusing the injuries with scholly's, if you're injured, you still have a scholarship. That happens every season to every team obviously. But if we're truly at 77 right now...that's some pretty significant attrition. We did that a year or two ago too. I know based on Mav's numbers we came pretty close to hitting the 85 number in February - maybe 1 short? If we're at 77 now, giving 8 walk-ons scholarships is ridiculous. There aren't even 8 senior walk-ons left on the team. If they go into the season with 85 Joe Felici, Derek Foster who've never even played in a game would "earn" one. Drop down to the juniors and Long, Kuzu, Gangwish and Broekemeir get one, none of whom have played in a game. After that, there's still a couple more left. Who are all these "deserving" walkons you're talking about Atbone? The whole concept of the walk-on "earning" a scholarship is lost.

Long and Gangwish for sure. Reilly.