***OFFICIAL 2014 COLLEGE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD***

GSG

Whatever. They didn't want to play us, so they could get part of a national title.

Since when do you guys not play Michigan State?

Since conference realignment and the playoff ruined the great rivalries, and the Orange Bowl. (the 1999 ND-Purdue game was on espnc yesterday. Jim Delaney had a booth appearance to say how unique the college football season was with it's regional rivalries and it should be preserved at all costs). But I suppose no longer can teams hide in the Rose Bowl.

I was looking forward to that game and then realized that MSU had played their 4 nonconference games.

#Disappointment

Auburn hasn't beaten a ranked opponent on the road in 30 years because .... S-E-C!

I believe it was top 10 or something like that...

Wow. Auburn hasn't beat a ranked non-conference opponent on the road in 30 years. #CrazyStat

So last time Auburn beat a non-conference ranked opponent on the road was 1984 when Malzahn was a FR walkon WR at Arkansas

Auburn hasn't beaten a ranked opponent on the road in 30 years because .... S-E-C!

I believe it was top 10 or something like that...

Wow. Auburn hasn't beat a ranked non-conference opponent on the road in 30 years. #CrazyStat

So last time Auburn beat a non-conference ranked opponent on the road was 1984 when Malzahn was a FR walkon WR at Arkansas

I had to rewind my TV...I am an idiot...

Or....

This was a marquee game for KSU

Extra week to prepare

Night game

etc.

Auburn went on the road against a top 20 and beat them...by what the spread predicted. If they didn't have the dropsies, it would have been worse....in fact, those drops would have more than countered all the missed FGs.

Auburn had the same week to prepare. And KSU actually left points on the field. Auburn didn't. You can't say for certainty what happens in the game if they catch those passes.

I will give Auburn credit for going outside of the SEC footprint to play a game against a Power 5. And they won. Which will bode well for them if KSU plays well for the rest of the year.