'06 Offensive line starters

OT's

Carl Nicks, 6-6, 320, Jr

Lydon Murtha, 6-7, 315, So.

Brock Pasteur, 6-6, 290, Jr. -- was he injured last year?

Matt Slauson, 6-5, 340, So.

OG's

Greg Austin, 6-1, 290, Sr

Rodney Picou, 6-4, 300, RFr.

Craig Roark, 6-2, 300, RFr.

Andy Christensen, 6-3, 200

C - Kurt Mann 6-4, 290, Sr.

My starting 5: Nicks, Murtha, Austin, Mann and........Roark!

LT - Chris Patrick

LG - Andy Christensen

C - Kurt Mann

RG - Matt Slauson

RT - Lydon Murtha

I personally believe Patrick might be better at guard, but it has been long rumored that Slauson would be moving to guard next year.

I'd expect a dogfight between Roark and Mann for the center position, but Mann wins out thanks to seniority. Expect Roark will probably get significant snaps.

Thre coaches started Patrick over Murtha at the end of the year. Also, Austin has a permanent knee injury limiting him to about 85%.

Although the OL is a priority, the IB/FB position must block in place of a decent job by Ross. This is another reason to put Lucky in a split/wing back postion with Todd/Glenn in protection.

I would assume that a few current and future Huskers read this board... this is why I absolutely dislike some of the negativity towards the programs and sometimes players...

As a coach, I would say that likely no coach reads this board or really cares what "our" opinion is..... can't blame them either....if we knew as much as they did, we would be on a college practice field somewhere instead of sitting at a computer....

As far as the OL is concerned.....

LT: Murtha

LG: Patrick

C: Mann

RG: Austin

RT: Slauson or Pastuer

* I look for Pastuer to be a force to be reckoned with this season....

* As stated in an earlier post, Patrick seems to be better suited to play G than the others, so I have slated him in there.... but maybe he sticks at T and rotates or starts in front of Murtha..