** What did we learn today? FAU version **

NUance

Nate Gerry is fast! Has a nose for the ball too. He was involved in a lot of plays.

McMullen erases memories of Moss.

Didn't hear Mitchell's name a whole lot. Generally as a CB, that means you're doing your job.

Some of us knew Tommy could run, but he is deceptive. Faster than even I thought he was.

The corner route to the endzone to Bell in the first quarter looks like it easily could have been a reception. Bell kind of quit on it. The deep sideline route to Kenny to start the second quarter was a beautiful pass by Armstrong that fell incomplete. It looked as if Bell lost it in the sun a bit.

One more thing:

WE HAVE A RB SCREEN IN THE PLAYBOOK!!!!

I believe we had one last year, Terrell Newby just couldn't catch it.

The thing I loved most yesterday was how the defense was swarming to the ball. There were only a couple of plays that were one on one tackles, the rest there we 3 or 4 guys there to take down the ball carrier.

One negative was that I'd like to see a little more effort from some players, I won't name names yet but a certain linebacker needs to play snap to whistle and realize that even if he's behind the play he can still make tackles.

One more thing:

That was exciting to see. If we are thinking of the same one, I believe it got called back, but Armstrong faked a dump lass left, then went underneath on the screen to Abdullah. If I recall correctly, Turner was called for a block in the back on that play, but it was executed well aside from that.

One more thing:

That was exciting to see. If we are thinking of the same one, I believe it got called back, but Armstrong faked a dump lass left, then went underneath on the screen to Abdullah. If I recall correctly, Turner was called for a block in the back on that play, but it was executed well aside from that.

That was the one where we sent Newby in motion left, faked the pass to Newby then came back to Abdullah on the right. Turner got called earlier; Pelini got called for holding on the screen.

One more thing:

That was the one where we sent Newby in motion left, faked the pass to Newby then came back to Abdullah on the right. Turner got called earlier; Pelini got called for holding on the screen.

That's right. Turner made the illegal block on another of Wedterkamps great catch and runs that got called back. There was another 100 yards of offense lost on those penalties in that stretch. Then right before the half I believe, Tommy missed Kenny on a deep ball where the FAU defender fell down, that was probably another 75 yard pass there.

Gonna be a fun season.