Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

Did we ever think we'd have a coaching staff so willing to throw its own players under the bus though? This has been a running theme for some time now. At least three years that I'm aware of? I have a hard time with that.

Not too sure what this is from, but I think when coaches criticize players, that's sending a message. It's not a PR misstep the way it is when a player blames another player or the coaches, or, say, if a DC were to take shots at the OC.

I am probably wrong. I always hear that we as fans should be careful in our criticism. To not judge too harshly or come down too hard on what are on 19-22 year old kids playing this beloved game of ours. I guess a coach in front of a microphone to national media saying his game plan was great, his players just didn't "execute" would seem like a rough pill to swallow over time, but what do I know. I'm just a drunk guy sitting on a couch with his iPad on his lap.

i am sure there are plenty we could take a gamble on for the chance of having a higher ceiling than 10 wins.

So list every coach who has won 11 game or more at least once in the past 6 seasons.......then tell us how your meeting with Eichorst went to get one of them here.

these posts are not just a waste of time, they are embarrassing.

How are they embarrassing?

seriously? he is demanding a fan fix the problems, with a cheap and pointless sarcasm. like the quality of a coach is contingent on a fan's ability to replace him. and where does he get 11? i would be happy with a coach that could just win 9 games, but avoid embarrassments in wins and losses.

You nailed it, Polo, and it astonishes me that many of our fans seem okay with days like today (and all the other meltdowns and near-meltdowns).

Who is okay with days like today?

I'm not happy, but the sky isn't falling.

The forecast is calling for 70% chances of particulate sky debris mist. Strong chance of full fledged falling.

If you don't see red flags after today then you're not going to see them.

Some models, more conservative ones, are calling for 58% of the sky falling. More extreme ones have called for 85%, so you're about right in the middle. Good call.

something in the middle is a pretty mediocre team.

Not necessarily. It could be anything along a very wide spectrum.

i guess. i mean, if we played as well against fau as we do against everyone, who knows i guess.

but i think in reality that the spectrum between playing well against a bad fau team and almost losing to an fcs team is not that wide.

Ill say with full confidence that top ten teams in fcs are consiserably better than a third pf the fbs teams. The whole fcs fbs labels are bullsh#t in todays football. It happened now and again but in 2007 app st blew the lid off at top ten michigan. Mcneese st is 28 points better than fau. I can tell that just by wtchin the two.

Now with that said. Im in full agreement that today was horrible. Embarrasing. But i did expect and openly predict a stiffer challeng than fau. But not this. I just dont like the whole "theyre just fcs" mindset cuz its been proven over and over that thats bullsh#t.

I was saying this last week, and I'm still saying it now - no Husker team in recent memory was capable of doing what we did to FAU in the first three quarters. This week's performance doesn't erase that fact. But last week doesn't erase the fact that we pretty much sh#t the bed this week (even though I do think McNeese was better, or at least played better, than most expected).

We all know nobody is getting fired in the middle of the season. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing Beck go tomorrow, it's not going to happen. And I'm curious to see how far this current group can be taken this season, because not only is this team capable of being pretty damn impressive, but they've already proved it once for an entire game. So let's see which was the fluke.

something in the middle is a pretty mediocre team.

Not necessarily. It could be anything along a very wide spectrum.
i guess. i mean, if we played as well against fau as we do against everyone, who knows i guess.

but i think in reality that the spectrum between playing well against a bad fau team and almost losing to an fcs team is not that wide.

Ill say with full confidence that top ten teams in fcs are consiserably better than a third pf the fbs teams. The whole fcs fbs labels are bullsh#t in todays football. It happened now and again but in 2007 app st blew the lid off at top ten michigan. Mcneese st is 28 points better than fau. I can tell that just by wtchin the two.

Now with that said. Im in full agreement that today was horrible. Embarrasing. But i did expect and openly predict a stiffer challeng than fau. But not this. I just dont like the whole "theyre just fcs" mindset cuz its been proven over and over that thats bullsh#t.

i do rely heavily, and unnecessarily, on labeling them as fcs. truth is, we just played uninspired football. simple as that. we underperformed. didn't have much to do with the opponent. but a slightly better opponent gets the win.

i am sure there are plenty we could take a gamble on for the chance of having a higher ceiling than 10 wins.

So list every coach who has won 11 game or more at least once in the past 6 seasons.......then tell us how your meeting with Eichorst went to get one of them here.

seriously? he is demanding a fan fix the problems, with a cheap and pointless sarcasm. like the quality of a coach is contingent on a fan's ability to replace him. and where does he get 11? i would be happy with a coach that could just win 9 games, but avoid embarrassments in wins and losses.

Ah.....the good ol' moving goalposts. Where did I get 11? From your post.......referring to a ceiling higher than 10 wins. 11 is the next number higher than 10. Who's done it and how you gonna get 'em?

Actually I think most had MSU winning the Big Ten last year, much to the laughter of this ever knowing board.

No... no they didn't.

http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2013.html#big-ten

Big ten west. And people here laughed hysterically. Oops.

You're still wrong. Try reading the link, because only 1 publication picked them to even win the division.

I wrong in the fact that everyone here mocked the espn's of the world for picking MSU to win the west? EAST

Ok, by the way nothing of this has anything to do with my points. If nitpicking the tertiary points of my argument somehow helps you feel better about what happened today, I suppose that's your right.

Correction East Division, Both Michigan wanted to stay in the same division.

I was saying this last week, and I'm still saying it now - no Husker team in recent memory was capable of doing what we did to FAU in the first three quarters. This week's performance doesn't erase that fact. But last week doesn't erase the fact that we pretty much sh#t the bed this week (even though I do think McNeese was better, or at least played better, than most expected).

We all know nobody is getting fired in the middle of the season. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing Beck go tomorrow, it's not going to happen. And I'm curious to see how far this current group can be taken this season, because not only is this team capable of being pretty damn impressive, but they've already proved it once for an entire game. So let's see which was the fluke.

The 2007 team was absolutely capable of doing what you described. They essentially did it to Nevada then needed a miracle to beat Wake Forest.

Ah.....the good ol' moving goalposts. Where did I get 11? From your post.......referring to a ceiling higher than 10 wins. 11 is the next number higher than 10. Who's done it and how you gonna get 'em?

Doesn't matter who has, it's who can with our resources.

And you get them by paying and offering the job, not necessarily in that order.

The 2007 team was absolutely capable of doing what you described. They essentially did it to Nevada then needed a miracle to beat Wake Forest.

No they weren't.

No they weren't.

Yes, they were.

• Fire 1

Doesn't matter who has, it's who can with our resources.

And you get them by paying and offering the job, not necessarily in that order.

An answer by not answering per usual.