Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

I am probably wrong. I always hear that we as fans should be careful in our criticism. To not judge too harshly or come down too hard on what are on 19-22 year old kids playing this beloved game of ours. I guess a coach in front of a microphone to national media saying his game plan was great, his players just didn't "execute" would seem like a rough pill to swallow over time, but what do I know. I'm just a drunk guy sitting on a couch with his iPad on his lap.

Really shouldn't take pictures like this of yourself on your iPhone. Didn't you learn anything from Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence?

howard-big-bang-theory.png

• Fire 2

F'ing amazing post, Polo. I'll add this:

As I look around college football, I see two types of coaches: Those whose schemes make good players great and those whose schemes make great players good. Stanford, Oregon, Mike Leach's Texas Tech teams are examples of simple, focused schemes that make good players great. Callahan and Pelini's schemes are examples of schemes that hold their talent back.

I just get the feeling that the talent that comes through Lincoln (and actually stays) is being held back because of the coaching staff and schemes. Don't you feel in your gut that if a motivated young coach like McNeese State's took over we'd have a 10-2 program in no time? Honesty, I'm tired of being jealous of 1-AA programs' coaching staffs whose teams of mediocre athletes come into Memorial and manage to hang with NU by executing a disciplined game plan and simple, focused schemes to perfection.

We need to face the music. Our teams are mentally and physically weak. We suffer far too many non-contact injuries and looks weak and tired late in games. We constantly seem to lack fire. We play sloppy, mistake-prone football and are frequently out executed even by small but well-coached programs. We are often out coached and it shows in our failure to make in-game adjustments.

The only thing holding us back now is not the coaching staff. It's the fans and the members of the administration who refuse to concede the obvious and will therefore keep this program in the dark ages until we clean house and start anew.

Good points on the "wasting" of talent. 2009 comes to mind. One of the brst defenses ever but we lost 4 games cuz we couldnt eek out a simple td here or there.

Remember this? Those were the days...

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2010-01-08

By which I meant the arguments between fans, not the original post.

i thought the original post was going to be another one of polo's famous diatribe against runza.

I was threatened with a ban when I took down Valentino's, Runza and Amigos for the tripe that they are.

i thought the original post was going to be another one of polo's famous diatribe against runza.

I was threatened with a ban when I took down Valentino's, Runza and Amigos for the tripe that they are.

YOU'RE OUT OF CONTROL!!1!!111!!!

but, i agree with 2/3rds of that.

Agreed...generally.

Amigos is shite, but it's college kid type shite, you know, when you're hammered at the bars, oh look, Amigos has dollar tacos or something, sweet.

Runza and Valentinos...well, I like Valentinos, although it's too filling (I like to enjoy a large meal with pizza, not a couple slices)...but Runza at least has some options I will say.

Never been a fan of any of those establishments, hate Runzas the most.

I normally did too, but, from 2009 to 2012, as a student, when I bought them before a home game (I forgot for 2 games, both losses), Nebraska won all home games but 3.