Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

As a fan, being furious isn't going to accomplish anything.

Holding hands and dancing around the maypole won't either.

Go play catch with your son. Finish that project that you have been putting off. Do something constructive. Get a hobby so that all of your happiness is not tied to the success of your favorite college football team. Go train for a triathlon, marathon, eco challenge, mud run, cycling race or whatever.

Look, we are all disappointed with the result of the game. I'm sure the players are completely embarrassed. Lets see how the rest of the season plays out. Even though we are now 2-0 we still have a chance at having a very respectable season.

• Fire 1

Bo can still, and should wt this schedule, end up wt 9+ wins. But with the joke of what is now the Big 10, it only masks the on going problems and our real status - we are not and will not be a top 10 caliber team anytime soon - much less a playoff team. Most of us older fans don't want to accept our status of a 'has been'. But it seems many are content wt 9 wins and no hardware. Living in Okla it is hard to see how OU turned things around after their disastrous 1990s and have been consistent winners for the last 15 years - winners with hardware. Yes, any team can have a down day, but Sat was a disaster. We were 1 play away from being the new byword for "upset" replacing Mich/App State.

Bo can still, and should wt this schedule, end up wt 9+ wins. But with the joke of what is now the Big 10, it only masks the on going problems and our real status - we are not and will not be a top 10 caliber team anytime soon - much less a playoff team. Most of us older fans don't want to accept our status of a 'has been'. But it seems many are content wt 9 wins and no hardware. Living in Okla it is hard to see how OU turned things around after their disastrous 1990s and have been consistent winners for the last 15 years - winners with hardware. Yes, any team can have a down day, but Sat was a disaster. We were 1 play away from being the new byword for "upset" replacing Mich/App State.

I don't mean to be a sunshine pumper, but we were also a play away from having a 21-7 lead. Instead, there was a 14 point turnaround when TA threw a "Ganz" to tie the score. that was a huge moment in the game. The offensive play calling was terrible at key moments in this game. Nobody is content with 9 wins and no hardware. We want to win them all. Every loss or a nail biter with a team who should not have been able to compete with us is also disappointing. I am just not ready to push the panic button here. I think poor play calling and a QB who may have been trying to hit the home run a few too many times along with poor offensive line play contributed to the performance we saw on Saturday.

What the coaching staff needs to fix:

1. allowing weaker teams play with us for 4 quarters see SDSU-part 1 and 2, Wyoming etc.

2. punt return game

3. offensive play calling

What the team needs:

1. key injured players to return

2. support from the fan base

The maddening thing is that the current coaching staff is fully capable of preparing for and playing with just about anyone on the field. That is until we experience the melt downs we had with Wisconsin with turnover after turnover, failure to be able to stop a simple running play got in the way of things. There may need to be a change at O or D coordinator at some point. The problem with that is, I like the coaches under them. Would they also go if replaced?

Again, nobody is completely satisfied with things right now, but I would really hate to see a coaching change along the lines of how Solich was replaced. That set us back years.

Again, nobody is completely satisfied with things right now, but I would really hate to see a coaching change along the lines of how Solich was replaced. That set us back years.

Replacing both Coordinators wouldn't hurt, though. SOMETHING is not working. If Bo has everything figured out, but it's not matriculating down to the players and the performance on the field, then the problem is in middle management. If Bo doesn't have it figured out, then Eichorst will have to make changes at the top.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a change in coaching, whatever it takes to get the product on the field to replicate what Bo can do as a coach. Or maybe he's in over his head, and he needs to go back to being a D Coordinator somewhere.

• Fire 2

I don't mean to be a sunshine pumper, but we were also a play away from having a 21-7 lead. Instead, there was a 14 point turnaround when TA threw a "Ganz" to tie the score. that was a huge moment in the game. The offensive play calling was terrible at key moments in this game. Nobody is content with 9 wins and no hardware. We want to win them all. Every loss or a nail biter with a team who should not have been able to compete with us is also disappointing. I am just not ready to push the panic button here. I think poor play calling and a QB who may have been trying to hit the home run a few too many times along with poor offensive line play contributed to the performance we saw on Saturday.

What the coaching staff needs to fix:

1. allowing weaker teams play with us for 4 quarters see SDSU-part 1 and 2, Wyoming etc.

2. punt return game

3. offensive play calling

What the team needs:

1. key injured players to return

2. support from the fan base

The maddening thing is that the current coaching staff is fully capable of preparing for and playing with just about anyone on the field. That is until we experience the melt downs we had with Wisconsin with turnover after turnover, failure to be able to stop a simple running play got in the way of things. There may need to be a change at O or D coordinator at some point. The problem with that is, I like the coaches under them. Would they also go if replaced?

If there was just one thing I would love to never hear or read again from Husker fans is the bolded part in TGs post. Joe is right. NOBODY IS CONTENT WITH 9 WINS AND NO HARDWARE.

Good Lord, I can not figure out why people keep saying that other than they want to say something provocative to make some sort of point.

• Fire 3

Replacing both Coordinators wouldn't hurt, though. SOMETHING is not working. If Bo has everything figured out, but it's not matriculating down to the players and the performance on the field, then the problem is in middle management. If Bo doesn't have it figured out, then Eichorst will have to make changes at the top.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a change in coaching, whatever it takes to get the product on the field to replicate what Bo can do as a coach. Or maybe he's in over his head, and he needs to go back to being a D Coordinator somewhere.

i keep hoping bo figures it out and it clicks. we have the talent to push around most teams on our schedule and compete with the others. but that hope goes against reason. bo used to make mistakes, but you would get the distinct feeling he was still learning. now it just seems like he is in over his head and decided to buoy himself with young, inexperienced coordinators.

the season is young, but his tenure is not. i still hope he somehow pulls the rabbit from his hat and gets up to indy, but seeing these same, systemic problems is concerning, to say the least.

If there was just one thing I would love to never hear or read again from Husker fans is the bolded part in TGs post. Joe is right. NOBODY IS CONTENT WITH 9 WINS AND NO HARDWARE.

Good Lord, I can not figure out why people keep saying that other than they want to say something provocative to make some sort of point.

Content might be the wrong word . . . but the first part is certainly used on the regular to defend Bo.

Content might be the wrong word . . . but the first part is certainly used on a regular basis to defend Bo.

Just because someone claims we have won 9 games every year doesn't mean ANYONE is content, happy, think things are great or what ever people want to claim. Just because someone doesn't act like we are the worst team in the history of college football and throw a temper tantrum after a game (that we won) doesn't mean anyone is content or happy.

• Fire 3

Content might be the wrong word . . . but the first part is certainly used on a regular basis to defend Bo.

Just because someone claims we have won 9 games every year doesn't mean ANYONE is content, happy, think things are great or what ever people want to claim. Just because someone doesn't act like we are the worst team in the history of college football and throw a temper tantrum after a game (that we won) doesn't mean anyone is content or happy.

^^^

Content might be the wrong word . . . but the first part is certainly used on the regular to defend Bo.

The amount of wins a coach has is used to defend his employment, color me shocked.

^^^

some better words might be: excuse, tolerate, accept.

• Fire 1

The amount of wins a coach has is used to defend his employment, color me shocked.

I wouldn't call it shocking. I'd lean more towards indicative of denial.

^^^

some better words might be: excuse, tolerate, accept.

I don't even think those apply. Nobody is accepting the performance on Saturday as..."hey...that was great".

At least I haven't spoke with one fan in person or read one post on here as meaning..."Well, we don't have anything to work on" or "gee, didn't we play a great game on Saturday".

This type of comment is like someone on the political board reading a few posts and all of a sudden labeling someone a bleeding heart liberal or a whacko conservative. It adds nothing to the conversation other than shock value.