Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

some better words might be: excuse, tolerate, accept.

I think the best word is "resigned," as in, we all know there's a problem, but we're resigned to the fact that we can't do anything about it, that the time for Eichorst to act was after the Iowa game, and since he didn't fire Bo then, we've got him for another season regardless of what we say.

So, since many of us just don't want to go full-blown negative about our team, we make the best of the situation.

So much THIS

I'm sure someone will pull up a dictionary definition of each word so we all know what Webster's thinks of the situation, but to me, resigned has a more downcast connotation than accept. Accept implies approval, if only tacit approval. A tiny minority actually approves of what's going on in games lately. I'm sure we could find someone who was happy with the 2012 Big Ten Championship Game, but they're the exception, not the rule. Too often in these conversations people who appreciate a positive from that game (like Taylor's run) are dismissed as "sunshine pumpers" or some other derogative, when all they're doing is expressing their fandom.

• Fire 2

I think the best word is "resigned," as in, we all know there's a problem, but we're resigned to the fact that we can't do anything about it, that the time for Eichorst to act was after the Iowa game, and since he didn't fire Bo then, we've got him for another season regardless of what we say.

So, since many of us just don't want to go full-blown negative about our team, we make the best of the situation.

THANKYOU!!!!

And, might as well enjoy as much of the season as possible and then make judgement at the end and allow Eichorst to do what he needs to do. I had the same feeling last year. By the end of the Iowa game, I would have been perfectly fine for Bo to be gone. But, you know what? He wasn't. So, as a fan, I'm not going to sit around and be miserable all season long and write long tantrums on a message board that really mean absolutely nothing as far as managing the program.

We sucked on Satruday and still won. I'm not happy that we sucked but I'm happy we won. Stranger things have happened than a team actually having one bad game and then turning around and having a successful season.

Some people are going to sit back and say, "I refuse to be optimistic about the season". Well, that I guess is your prerogative.

However, IF this season ends up being a good season for Nebraska, I would hate to sit at the end of the season and think....wow...I spent the first half of the season being miserable and pissed.

Bo is our coach. Beck and JP are our coordinators. There is NOTHING that is going to change that after the second game of the year when we have won both those games. So, we have two choices.

a) After every game come on here and write a 1,000 word essay about why our coaches should be fired and how pissed you are.

or,

b) Take the season as it comes, be frustrated at the failures and recognize when the team or individual players does something good. You never know when that season may come that is special.

• Fire 3

This completely sums up my stance. The AD had his chance to replace Bo - and for whatever reason - didn't. Even Callahan didn't get released until after the season, so we're along for the ride with Bo this season.

I'd rather wait and see what happens before making up my mind what should happen after the season. Enjoy the football while it's being played. Ameer is the best back NU has had in over a decade - enjoy his last year as a Husker.

seems like if you want to just make the best of the situation, you accept it for what it is. seems odd you choose a word with a more negative connotation, such as resign, to convey such a thought. seems incompatible.

I'm sure someone will pull up a dictionary definition of each word so we all know what Webster's thinks of the situation, but to me, resigned has a more downcast connotation than accept. Accept implies approval, if only tacit approval. A tiny minority actually approves of what's going on in games lately. I'm sure we could find someone who was happy with the 2012 Big Ten Championship Game, but they're the exception, not the rule. Too often in these conversations people who appreciate a positive from that game (like Taylor's run) are dismissed as "sunshine pumpers" or some other derogative, when all they're doing is expressing their fandom.

it seems like you are just arguing to argue.

THANKYOU!!!!

And, might as well enjoy as much of the season as possible and then make judgement at the end and allow Eichorst to do what he needs to do. I had the same feeling last year. By the end of the Iowa game, I would have been perfectly fine for Bo to be gone. But, you know what? He wasn't. So, as a fan, I'm not going to sit around and be miserable all season long and write long tantrums on a message board that really mean absolutely nothing as far as managing the program.

We sucked on Satruday and still won. I'm not happy that we sucked but I'm happy we won. Stranger things have happened than a team actually having one bad game and then turning around and having a successful season.

Some people are going to sit back and say, "I refuse to be optimistic about the season". Well, that I guess is your prerogative.

However, IF this season ends up being a good season for Nebraska, I would hate to sit at the end of the season and think....wow...I spent the first half of the season being miserable and pissed.

Bo is our coach. Beck and JP are our coordinators. There is NOTHING that is going to change that after the second game of the year when we have won both those games. So, we have two choices.

a) After every game come on here and write a 1,000 word essay about why our coaches should be fired and how pissed you are.

or,

b) Take the season as it comes, be frustrated at the failures and recognize when the team or individual players does something good. You never know when that season may come that is special.

It would appear there's a third option where you write the 1000 word essay about how the people who write the 1000 word essays about the coaching staff are wasting their time.

Maybe venting on a message board is cathartic to some who don't live in the area and still want to talk football.

Maybe, if the fable is true that the sportswriters and dept read these sites, those rants will be noticed and will help change happen.

Maybe none of it is true. Who knows.

But to get mad at the people who are mad is misplacing your anger.

• Fire 3

THANKYOU!!!!

or,

It would appear there's a third option where you write the 1000 word essay about how the people who write the 1000 word essays about the coaching staff are wasting their time.

Maybe venting on a message board is cathartic to some who don't live in the area and still want to talk football.

Maybe, if the fable is true that the sportswriters and dept read these sites, those rants will be noticed and will help change happen.

Maybe none of it is true. Who knows.

But to get mad at the people who are mad is misplacing your anger.

You know what? I can understand that.

It just becomes tiresome when every single thread becomes a Bo sucks thread. And, then on top of that, when someone says something positive that has happened, it is implied that either they are clueless, don't watch the games, have become satisfied with the status quo, content with the way things are, are perfectly happy....bla bla bla.....

Honestly, I despise the "bo-leavers vs. bo-lievers." Crap. There are one heck of a lot of fans that aren't in either group but it implies everyone needs to be pigeon holed just like a Democrat or Republican.

• Fire 5

go royals.....

I mean, yeah, we're stuck with this situation, it flippin sucks, and most of us want change...

No, there is nothing we can do about it at this particular time, but we do have a voice... and our voice should be heard by Shawn and a change does need to be made.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Shawn didn't have the time to seal the deal with the guy he wants/wanted to bring in last season, so he kept Bo, and hopefully he is shopping or working on that change as we speak. If not he's just as much at fault as Bo and Co. I tend to think he wants to do something special and be responsible for bringing relevancy back to Nebraska

So 95, in September of 2010, you already had the reasons laid out in front of you to suggest this is where we'd be at this point in the Bo era? (Think now. At this point in 2010, we were 2-0, and on the brink of a total ass whoopin up in Seattle).

I just happen to think your thoughts were just a hunch and are now a bit of revisionist history. But I congratulate you. You were right. As of now anyway.

If you asked many people around me hours before game 1 of that season, i said "this is bad, things are not going to be good." after taylors first play i facepalmed as everyone around me was cheering at the tailgate, again saying "this is bad, this is not a good thing,"

I didnt suggest that I had everything laid out in front of me by any means, and no this is not a "i was right" comment, I just knew things wouldnt be good. I didnt know how when or what for sure, You are right, its stated best as I had a very bad feeling about where this program was headed... that was the point where I strongly questioned Bo's decision making ability and leadership

Fair enough. And I was just asking too. Not trying to antagonize in case it came off that way. I was just curious cuz the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 was the most hopeful and exciting time of the Bo era thus far. Not sure any other period of time even comes close.

I understand you have a hunch and are entitled to it, but I'm curious. What did you see or here that lead you to it? What about made you think that it could lead to where we are now? If of course that is what youre alluding to.