Imani Cross

xlbder

I don't think it has anything to do with Cross's skill set. Ameer doesn't get the carries he should either...we just underutilize our RBs in PERIOD.

Good point.

Weird point. Considering we have the #9 rushing offense in the NCAA, a Heisman contender at running back, a 5:3 run/pass ratio, a 7.4 yard per attempt rushing average to go with a 9.0 per attempt passing average, suggesting the passing game has earned its reps.

Every other college football analyst seems to have noted Nebraska's powerful running game, and that teams will need to stop the run first and dare Tommy Armstrong to beat them with his arm. That's exactly what happened the first series against Fresno State, and pretty much every game the past two seasons. Tommy has done alright with his arm, even better with his legs, Abdullah is still getting his carries (they've just gotten tougher), and Cross is still getting his touchdowns. Our running game can certainly get better -- and so could our offensive line -- but underutilized isn't the first phrase that jumps to mind.

• Fire 3

I don't think it has anything to do with Cross's skill set. Ameer doesn't get the carries he should either...we just underutilize our RBs in PERIOD.

Good point.

Weird point. Considering we have the #9 rushing offense in the NCAA, a Heisman contender at running back, a 5:3 run/pass ratio, a 7.4 yard per attempt rushing average to go with a 9.0 per attempt passing average, suggesting the passing game has earned its reps.

I agree 100%

Exactly, put AA and Cross out their together. Both can pass block and AA can run routes off play action. Cross can be a lead blocker or a diversion in a multi-back set. If Newby is so good, it is something that would be asked of him next year as well. West Virginia ran a two back set in a similar manner for a long time.

My inside sources are telling me we'll see two fullback dive plays with Imani lined up at fullback. The plays are called Plumber's Hero Left and Plumber's Hero Right.

• Fire 3