95 orange bowl Nebraska vs. Miami

Kordell Stewart was my favorite Colorado Buff, ever. Played three years against us (his Freshman year doesn't count, he just saw mop-up duty).

Kordell's career stats against Nebraska:

Rushing

34 attempts, 17 yards, 0.5 yards per carry average. Zero touchdowns. Of special note was the 1992 game where he rushed four times for -15 yards.

Passing

64 attempts, 23 completions (36%), 282 total yards (4.4 yards per attempt) 3 interceptions (all from the 1993 game in Boulder), zero touchdowns. I couldn't find sack numbers, but we put him to the turf many, many times.

Kordell always had that deer-in-the-headlights look against Nebraska. He just never got comfortable against our defense, even though he had quite a bit of talent around him, and he was quite talented himself. He was supposed to be Colorado's answer to Tommie Frazier, but he ended up being pretty average against us.

Kordell was a stud against everyone else in college, then put him up against the Blackshirts, he would play absolutely terrible.

I never understood why the Steelers thought he could be anything but a "slash" QB in the NFL. I still can't believe they thought he could be a #1 QB.