Boyd Epley Returning to Nebraska

Mavric

Would like to know why Boyd isn't going to be involved with Football ?

The football S&C coach works for Bo Pelini, so I would assume Bo Pelini would want to hire whomever he wants. I am blanking right now on the current football S&C coach, but I assume that he and Epley may exchange ideas.

It looks like there was a need for a S&C coach for baseball and Eichorst/Erstad were able to bring back Epley for that role.

The football S&C coach works for Bo Pelini, so I would assume Bo Pelini would want to hire whomever he wants. I am blanking right now on the current football S&C coach, but I assume that he and Epley may exchange ideas.

It looks like there was a need for a S&C coach for baseball and Eichorst/Erstad were able to bring back Epley for that role.

James Dobson is Nebraska footballs strength and conditioning coach.

Also it has more to do with number of players football has. 100+ players who all need and get more personalized lifting and conditioning workouts. Also the rules for division 1 football strength and conditioning are different and more strict than other sports and divisions.

He will be. He is overseeing the entire Strength and Conditioning department

Except football

I have to assume Boyd will be available for advice and suggestions on the S&C for football? Can't imagine him returning to NU, with his background, not having anything to do with the football program

James Dobson is Nebraska footballs strength and conditioning coach.

He'll be the Poochie of the S&C program. lol

• Fire 1

I heard Boyd Epley was ranked 15th in the 1988 AP football poll.

I went camping with Epley ... I'm in the back of a pickup with Boyd Epley and a live deer. Well, Epley, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, 'I'm Boyd Epley! Say it!' Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth -- "Boydepley!" It wasn't exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer.

• Fire 2