The Michigan coaching lottery

NUance

I hope he lands in Michigan as well, but mostly because I think he'd only be briefly successful.

Look how he's coached his current Niner team. Completely mismanaging the position he's supposed to know. It worked at Stanford, because he had a great pocket passer in Luck. What happens when that QB isn't on the roster? There aren't many like them out there. His offense completely folds. He's super stubborn, wants things a certain way and will force his team to be uncomfortable at the expense of his stubbornness. Kap is arguably the most athletic QB in the NFL, yet it's been engrained in his brain that he's a complete pocket passer. Can't take off. Would have had many first downs and more today if he had. Defenses no longer respect that aspect of the Niner offense.

And I think he's neglected the OL or possibly is just mismanaging it. Either way, not a recipe for long term success.

Harbaugh isn't the gem so many think he is.

Yeah. I'll still take him.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12043761

Multiple NFL and Michigan sources had said for weeks that 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was not expected to wind up at Michigan, but in recent days at least one person familiar with his thinking said he was at least "considering it."

According to multiple reports, Michigan has made a six-year, $49 million offer to Harbaugh. The offer was first reported by Joe Pequeno of CBS5 in Arizona.

Another person close to the process said that while it was possible Harbaugh could wind up at Michigan, "it was not likely."

Asked why he was considering it now, but hadn't been previously, one person said now that the 49ers are out of the playoffs, it was possible for Harbaugh to at least consider the offer.

I think Harbough would be a great hire and turn Michigan around.

If these guys can get their teams going strong again moving forward (with exception of Urban Meyer, since they've been really good with him already), we could have a tough conference that could give the SEC a little run for their money.

Riley - Nebraska

Urban - tOSU

Harbough - Michigan

Chryst - Wisconsin

Franklin - Penn State

Kill - Minnesota

What in the hell is happening to our beloved program? A coach that we ran off after several seasons is now Pac-12 Coach of the Year, we just ran off another coach who was beloved, but very unsuccessful, and now, coaches at schools with far less prestige and promise and even alumni are REFUSING to accept the job at Michigan!?!? Michigan fans, we must all be prepared to join the ranks of Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, and be a bad, underperforming program for many years to come. We are already losing star recruits on a daily basis and no longer is Michigan referred to as the MICHIGAN that we have been used to for over 125 years!!! Something needs to happen RIGHT NOW to save this program from entering into a tailspin that will take years to recover from. We need to light the fire under the *** of this program and get it back to where it should be...THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! It breaks my heart to see what is happening to OUR PROGRAM and I hope that I eat my words next year and Michigan Football will return to where it needs to be and has been for so long. GO BLUE!!! LINK

It's kinda sad watching the dumpster fire that Meechicken's coaching search has turned into. How long will they twist in the wind? Will they lose their entire recruiting class? Reminds me a lot of our own 2007 coaching search. Well, except we were only offering about one-third as much money. I hope they hire someone, anyone, soon to bring an end to this painful debacle. :lol:

What in the hell is happening to our beloved program? A coach that we ran off after several seasons is now Pac-12 Coach of the Year, we just ran off another coach who was beloved, but very unsuccessful, and now, coaches at schools with far less prestige and promise and even alumni are REFUSING to accept the job at Michigan!?!? Michigan fans, we must all be prepared to join the ranks of Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, and be a bad, underperforming program for many years to come. We are already losing star recruits on a daily basis and no longer is Michigan referred to as the MICHIGAN that we have been used to for over 125 years!!! Something needs to happen RIGHT NOW to save this program from entering into a tailspin that will take years to recover from. We need to light the fire under the *** of this program and get it back to where it should be...THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! It breaks my heart to see what is happening to OUR PROGRAM and I hope that I eat my words next year and Michigan Football will return to where it needs to be and has been for so long. GO BLUE!!! LINK

It's kinda sad watching the dumpster fire that Meechicken's coaching search has turned into. How long will they twist in the wind? Will they lose their entire recruiting class? Reminds me a lot of our own 2007 coaching search. Well, except we were only offering about one-third as much money. I hope they hire someone, anyone, soon to bring an end to this painful debacle. :lol:

How is it painful? We have a clear option A who won't make a decision until after his season is over. Despite what many seem to believe, Michigan has a legit shot of landing him. If it starts getting into that week after New Years and nothing has happened? That's when the pain starts.

How is it painful? We have a clear option A who won't make a decision until after his season is over. Despite what many seem to believe, Michigan has a legit shot of landing him. If it starts getting into that week after New Years and nothing has happened? That's when the pain starts.

Oh, well maybe I misread that umgoblue post that I quoted. It must be great fun seeing the guy you ran out of town on a rail get coach of the year in the Pac-12. I'm sure it's quite entertaining watching every other FBS team in Michigan--including the Central Michigan Chippewas and the Western Michigan Broncos--playing in bowl games while your team sits home in sports bars watching them. It probably gives your fans a warm fuzzy feeling that you floated a job offer for $8 million--the biggest coaching offer in history--to an alum, only to have him slow play you to see if he can come up with some other viable offer. No doubt that Meechicken fans are jumping with joy over the six commitments currently in your recruiting class.

I'll admit it. I just don't have a good feeling for what makes you Vulvarines tick. :lol:

• Fire 1

Oh, well maybe I misread that umgoblue post that I quoted. It must be great fun seeing the guy you ran out of town on a rail get coach of the year in the Pac-12. I'm sure it's quite entertaining watching every other FBS team in Michigan--including the Central Michigan Chippewas and the Western Michigan Broncos--playing in bowl games while your team sits home in sports bars watching them. It probably gives your fans a warm fuzzy feeling that you floated a job offer for $8 million--the biggest coaching offer in history--to an alum, only to have him slow play you to see if he can come up with some other viable offer. No doubt that Meechicken fans are jumping with joy over the six commitments currently in your recruiting class.

I'll admit it. I just don't have a good feeling for what makes you Vulvarines tick. :lol:

"Vulvarines". Good one. Clearly you were inundated with some sort of hate before your move the the B1G, because I certainly haven't had time yet to come up with such creative, original insults for NU.

As for the rest of your post, "lol". I don't know what else to say to that. I'm glad most of the rest of the posters on this board aren't as douchey as you.

"Vulvarines". Good one. Clearly you were inundated with some sort of hate before your move the the B1G, because I certainly haven't had time yet to come up with such creative, original insults for NU.

As for the rest of your post, "lol". I don't know what else to say to that. I'm glad most of the rest of the posters on this board aren't as douchey as you.

Gee whiz, BlueFace. I was just agreeing with you. Because I'm sure none of those things I mentioned above are painful at all. And you want them to continue for as long as possible. LOL