8. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Head Coach

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

3. Les Miles, LSU Head Coach

Price tag: $7M

If Dave Brandon is still the AD after this season, Miles becomes less likely to ever get a shot at the Michigan job. Brandon has a widely known ‘beef’ with Miles, and there are rumors that Miles and Brandon still have issues that resulted from Miles’ behavior as a Michigan coach in the early 1990′s (Google ‘Les Miles Gary Moeller” sometime).

If Miles were offered the job, he would 100% take it. In this interview with MLive.com this summer, Miles made it very clear that he’d take the Michigan job if an offer came his way.

2. John Harbaugh, head coach, Ravens

Price tag: $8M

Nothing would make the transition in Ann Arbor smoother than if Harbaugh took the job. Make no mistake, John loves Michigan as much – or more than – his brother. Given his age (52) and massive prior success, he would be a home run hire, rivaling Urban Meyer to Ohio State as the best college football coaching move in recent memory. You don’t often find a NFL head coach less than two years removed from a Super Bowl championship taking a college job, but this may be a rare case.

1. Jim Harbaugh, 49ers Head Coach

Price tag: $8.5M

This s college football’s version of LeBron James’ “I’m Coming Home” announcement. If Jim were to take the job, Ann Arbor instantly turns into the epicenter of college football and 8 years of mediocrity are forgotten. Jim has his detractors in Ann Arbor, but he also has influential supporters. I’ve been told that Michigan will make an offer to Jim that is the most lucrative is football coaching history. The numbers being discussed are 6 years, $50M (avg of $8.33M) with massive bonuses for Big Ten Championships and College Football Playoff appearances/wins, making $10M/year a possibility.

LINK

I'm guessing the odds of either Harbaughs coming to Ann Arbor are slim or none. And Les Miles is a long shot at best.

Glazer: No way Harbaugh returns, even if 49ers win Super Bowl

LINK

I didn't think Harbaugh to Meechicken was likely. But I guess he has to go someplace. Oakland is a possibility. But with the kind of money being mentioned in Ann Arbor, I guess they are a possibility too.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW:

RT @nickbaumgardner: Twitter's something, folks ... Michigan's AD just followed Jim Harbaugh, Les Miles, Bob Stitt and Dana Holgorsen.

back to that deep, deep wvu well, huh?

but man, this is funny (?), i don't know what to think of an ad following potential replacements. does he want them, or us, to know? was this intentional, or does he now feel stupid?

• Fire 1