2014-15 Season Notes

Well, I am on record 3 weeks ago as saying they wouldn't win another game...............and I still believe that will be the case.

BUT, there is a tiny, sliver, micro-percentage of an opportunity still left.

IF they can go to Illinois and get more balanced scoring like last night; and IF they can find the defensive toughness they USED to have, a win there is doable.

THEN, they could ride that confidence into the Senior Day game with a Maryland team that they proved they could hang with and steal a home win.

THEN, they have a shot against another woeful team in the first day of the conference tourney in the bunny bracket.

THAT would put them at .500 (assuming they lose the following game).

The question is: Would they deign to participate in the CBA tourney? Or are they better off packing it in and preparing for next year?

(I could argue both ways).

However, the reality is.........they probably won't get that opportunity since they would have to win the next 3.

• Fire 1

Well, I am on record 3 weeks ago as saying they wouldn't win another game...............and I still believe that will be the case.

IF they can go to Illinois and get more balanced scoring like last night; and IF they can find the defensive toughness they USED to have, a win there is doable.

THEN, they could ride that confidence into the Senior Day game with a Maryland team that they proved they could hang with and steal a home win.

THEN, they have a shot against another woeful team in the first day of the conference tourney in the bunny bracket.

The question is: Would they deign to participate in the CBA tourney? Or are they better off packing it in and preparing for next year?

However, the reality is.........they probably won't get that opportunity since they would have to win the next 3.

"Bunny Bracket" I like that.

IIRC the Big Ten has a policy where they don't go to anything other than the big dance or the NIT. I could be wrong though.

"Bunny Bracket" I like that.

IIRC the Big Ten has a policy where they don't go to anything other than the big dance or the NIT. I could be wrong though.

It's an old baseball/softball play-in bracket term..............(and rather descriptive)

Samuel McKewon ‏@swmckewonOWH Feb 26

Remember the mess Doc inherited? His record after 3 years at NU: 55-40. Miles right now: 47-46.

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut

@swmckewonOWH Keep in mind the quality of non-conference schedules.

I saw that but I didn't go back to compare. We have pretty much played about three tough teams the last 2-3 years: Creighton, B1G/ACC and one other one. I can't imagine it was significaltly easier for Doc. Maybe one game per year?