Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

If you think Oxford or Starkville have anything even remotely close to what's available in Lincoln, you are sadly mistaken.

If you think what's available to do in a town anywhere close to being the biggest advantage in location, you are sadly mistaken.

Mississippi is no hotbed of talent, either.

As compared to where? Nebraska?

If you think Oxford or Starkville have anything even remotely close to what's available in Lincoln, you are sadly mistaken.

If you think what's available to do in a town anywhere close to being the biggest advantage in location, you are sadly mistaken.

Mississippi is no hotbed of talent, either.

As compared to where? Nebraska?

recruiting-distribution.0_standard_730.0

Ya they're pretty close

• Fire 6

Nebraska was ranked #5 after five games in 2010. Being highly ranked early in the season isn't that difficult. Let's see where they're ranked at the end. My guess is quite a bit down the ladder.

MS State has beaten 3 straight Top 5 teams. Their schedule is brutal. That's the ONLY reason why they might not finish high in the polls. If we had their schedule we'd finish with a losing record.

Nebraska was ranked #5 after five games in 2010. Being highly ranked early in the season isn't that difficult. Let's see where they're ranked at the end. My guess is quite a bit down the ladder.

MS State has beaten 3 straight Top 5 teams. Their schedule is brutal. That's the ONLY reason why they might not finish high in the polls.

Neither LSU nor Texas AtM are "Top 5 teams." They're barely top 25 teams. That's the problem with early polls.

• Fire 1

MS State has beaten 3 straight Top 5 teams. Their schedule is brutal. That's the ONLY reason why they might not finish high in the polls.

Neither LSU nor Texas AtM are "Top 5 teams." They're barely top 25 teams. That's the problem with early polls.

I am willing to wager that both LSU and A&M finish higher than Nebraska in the final polls.