CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

I see the frustration about Georgia but at the same time, they did DESTROY the weak ass team they played Saturday. Did Nebraska DESTROY the last weak ass team they played?

Since we're comparing outcomes of games, how about we compare number of losses.

People we have talked about this forever! The quality of football MATTERS. Nebraska plays very poorly at times. We need a strong effort from every part of this team. OFFENSE. DEFENSE. SPECIAL TEAMS.

I think this committee uses "eye test" more than they care to admit. Based on that eye test, I can't find fault with the ranking.

However, I'm sorry, as things stand today, we have a better resume than many of the teams ahead of us. Our loss is to a 2-loss MSU who's 2 losses are to current top 10 teams (their only "quality win" would be against us). 3-loss Miami is our significant win.

Here's where I believe we can make a claim, and am surprised that even non-SEC media don't give this more play: Look at the SEC west by itself. Outside of beating each other, who have THEY really beaten?

If memory servers,

Bama's only significant win is over 3-loss WVU (who beat no one significant out of conference),

LSU's significant out of conference win is over 2-loss Wisconsin (who beat no one significant out of conference),

Ole Miss has a good win against 1-loss Boise St (who beat no one significant out of conference)

Miss St beat no one significant out of conference. (UAB best win?)

Auburn beat 2-loss @Kansas St out of conference and no one else. Kansas St has no out of conference significant win.

A&M's beat no one significant out of conference. (ULM is best win?)

Arkansas best win is 2-loss Northern Illinois.

Off top of my head, the only other significant out of conference SEC victory is Georgia beating Clemson.

My point is that the best objective "SEC West is so awesome" argument is based off of Auburn beating Kansas St (who played no one out of conference) and then perhaps Ole Miss' victory over Boise St (has a good win over another 1-loss Colorado St).

Then throw in the Big12. What are the significant wins for the Big12 out of conference? The only one I can think of is TCU over 2-loss Minnesota (who, again, has beaten no one significant out of conference).

What this tells me is that these rankings, as much as we hoped would be WAY more objective than the media/coaches polls, appears to fall into the same traps. Rankings are based on past years' performances, recruiting rankings, personal bias, and where the media slots these teams at the beginning of the year.

I hoped this committee looked at things more analytically than using the "eye test" or prejudged number in front of a team's name. The only positive difference I'm seeing is that, if records are equal, they will give preference to current conference leaders, thus eliminating much of the ability to stick multiple teams from one conference in the top 4.

/rant

• Fire 1

8-1. One loss to a top ten team, on the road, at night, in terrible weather. Yet behind 7 teams with 2 losses.

Time to prove it on the field boys. Throttle Wiscy, show no mercy all night, if you want respect.

Here's hoping they show no mercy in the afternoon too.

• Fire 2

bullsh#t, if we beat Wisky they are unranked after. If we beat Minnesota they are unranked after. They will just say we didn't beat anyone, hopefully we get our shot to "beat the team that lost to VT."

If we DESTROY all three of those teams or even just DESTROY Wiscy and Minnesota and beat Ohio St, how do they not respect us?

8-1. One loss to a top ten team, on the road, at night, in terrible weather. Yet behind 7 teams with 2 losses.

Time to prove it on the field boys. Throttle Wiscy, show no mercy all night, if you want respect.

Here's hoping they show no mercy in the afternoon too.

You're welcome.

These rankings are very fluid, and the committee is very human. Being human they can anticipate a loss this weekend and factor in Ameer not being 100%. They are human and can be proven wrong. A win this weekend and we see a significant jump.

I would expect a 10 spot jump min. If ucla can jump 7 spots for beating unranked and avg Washington team, Neb should be a top ten school next Tuesday. But since we are not in the sec we will jump 3 spots to 13

Beat Wisconsin and we'll make a big jump. The committee is making it clear you need to beat somebody

Well that explains it all. Neb drops 3 spots for winning and ucla moves up 7 spots for beatng unranked Washington team.

This makes zero sense. System is flawed already

I actually like the fact that there can be such big swings from week to week. The Committee said they were starting fresh every week and they seem true to their word. A lot can change when looking at resumes. You win, a team you beat wins and a team you lost to wins and your season can look quite a bit different pretty quickly. As several have said, if we beat Wisconsin and Miami beats Florida State, our resume looks a lot better really fast.

• Fire 1