CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

These rankings are very fluid, and the committee is very human. Being human they can anticipate a loss this weekend and factor in Ameer not being 100%. They are human and can be proven wrong. A win this weekend and we see a significant jump.

I would expect a 10 spot jump min. If ucla can jump 7 spots for beating unranked and avg Washington team, Neb should be a top ten school next Tuesday. But since we are not in the sec we will jump 3 spots to 14

IMHO the system is flawed, broken. Back to the polls

These rankings are very fluid, and the committee is very human. Being human they can anticipate a loss this weekend and factor in Ameer not being 100%. They are human and can be proven wrong. A win this weekend and we see a significant jump.

Should Mississippi State drop in anticipation of their pending loss to Alabama?

Ok this topic needed its own thread. This playoff committee is a joke dropping us 3 spots for not even playing and moving 7 2 loss teams ahead of us in the top 15. What a joke these people are. I'm exploding. I'm going to review it all but its seriously messed up!!!

Agreed it. Took all of three week before the nation goes ballistic. Ucla did nothing to move up to 11th.

Don't look now but 25% of the ranked teams are out of the B1G

Just as many as the PAC 12.

I honestly can't believe you didn't check his math on that one. 5 of 25 = 25%? :)

:facepalm:

Too many 5s....

I was actually being positive.

I feel it is important Mavric stays on his toes.

Ok this topic needed its own thread. This playoff committee is a joke dropping us 3 spots for not even playing and moving 7 2 loss teams ahead of us in the top 15. What a joke these people are. I'm exploding. I'm going to review it all but its seriously messed up!!!

Agreed it. Took all of three week before the nation goes ballistic. Ucla did nothing to move up to 11th.

UCLA obliterated ASU and beat Arizona while losing to Oregon and Utah. Pretty good resume.

Beat Wisconsin and we'll make a big jump. The committee is making it clear you need to beat somebody

Well that explains it all. Neb drops 3 spots for winning and ucla moves up 7 spots for beatng unranked Washington team.

This makes zero sense. System is flawed already

You are looking at it as a week to week thing rather than the whole body of work. The new rankings are viewed independent of last week's ranking as perception of those wins/losses changes. It's more fluid this way, as it should be imo.

UCLA is higher than us bc they've beaten Arizona and ASU. Two good wins. We will jump them if we add a good win to our resume, like this weekend. At that point we'd have a good win, maybe 2 if Miami beats FSU, and we'd only have 1 loss. We'd likely jump into the top 10.

The committee just wants to see us get a good win. Let's hope the guys can give it to them.

Should Mississippi State drop in anticipation of their pending loss to Alabama?

Dunno. Maybe, but at this point they are undefeated with wins over ranked teams.

ETA: My point is, fair or not, these are humans and not computers spitting out numbers. Just calling it like they see it.

UCLA obliterated ASU and beat Arizona while losing to Oregon and Utah. Pretty good resume.

they also had close calls with Virginia (a mediocre team), texas (a bad team), and Colorado (a terrible team). Meanwhile, FSU has been punished for its' close calls.

Beat Wisconsin and we'll make a big jump. The committee is making it clear you need to beat somebody

Well that explains it all. Neb drops 3 spots for winning and ucla moves up 7 spots for beatng unranked Washington team.

This makes zero sense. System is flawed already

They rolled a top 10 team.

That was 3 weeks ago on a miracle.