CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

It's clearly a matter of trust..... Nebraska gets no respect until it shows up in a big game. Right now, the committee does not trust this team. They know the history. They watch the same games we do. You know Dr. Tom watches us.

The bottom line is, the Huskers can't be trusted until they win that big road game.

I hope the players feel a little bit slighted by it and it motivates them a little bit more.

I hope to god they aren;t going through teams and saying "idk guys, do we trust these guys?"

It's clearly a matter of trust..... Nebraska gets no respect until it shows up in a big game. Right now, the committee does not trust this team. They know the history. They watch the same games we do. You know Dr. Tom watches us.

The bottom line is, the Huskers can't be trusted until they win that big road game.

I hope the players feel a little bit slighted by it and it motivates them a little bit more.

Plus Wisconsin is favored to win over us this week despite their lower ranking ( they are trending up, not us)..... It all adds up. No respect. It must be earned. Win out this year and we will boost our cred. Play well & win next year and we will make a decent climb up towards relevancy , much like Michigan State has done. It takes time after such a long time being irrelevant.

Let me guess, we should be in the top ten, SEC is over rated, who have they beaten, our dredge of a schedule really is good when we beat Wisconsin and Minnesota and and and and and and and and and and and if if if if if if if if if.

McNeese state keeps raising its head, not beating a ranked team, losing to a team that had dropped in rank.

Most of the nation is not on the Nebraska board, so they really have no idea of how good we are. That is the answer. These idiot guys on the committee, need to be on this board, we can make them see common sense I am sure. How could they do such a thing, what qualifies them to make such choices. Idiots I tell you!

• Fire 1

Georgia is garbage. They've beaten no one and lost to both an awful Florida and SC. They honestly shouldn't be in the top 20 (how the hell are they above LSU even?).

A&M being ranked is so bad. That team got beat 59-0 and barely beat ULM. Auburn is a big win, but enough to slide past a few if those others? No.

Hell, Wisconsin being that close to us is even disrespectful. They lost to NORTHWESTERN. How the hell they move up 5 spots is absolutely ludicrous.

So much failure from the committee.

Really need to win this week and have Miami take care of business against fsu.

seems like the top ten is pretty fair. :dunno

its not terrible but I don't understand unbeaten FSU dropping behind oregon

Notre Dame lost. That's my guess for the reason.

yeah but in that vein, so did MSU
and... Nebraska moved from 13th to 16th. See the connection?

His point was that Oregon should've taken the same hit. FSU beat ND but that win was diminished by ND losing again. Oregon beat MSU but that win should be diminished since they lost again...if that was the cause. Everyone is just guessing at what the committee is looking at. For all we know they're watching film to see who looks dominating and who is sliding by.

His point was that Oregon should've taken the same hit. FSU beat ND but that win was diminished by ND losing again. Oregon beat MSU but that win should be diminished since they lost again...if that was the cause. Everyone is just guessing at what the committee is looking at. For all we know they're watching film to see who looks dominating and who is sliding by.

Ah, heh. I don't think it's the same though. FSU's schedule is crap. ND was their good opponent. Oregon's schedule is better.

8-1. One loss to a top ten team, on the road, at night, in terrible weather. Yet behind 7 teams with 2 losses.

Time to prove it on the field boys. Throttle Wiscy, show no mercy all night, if you want respect.

Here's hoping they show no mercy in the afternoon too.

Agree with this. We are getting disrespected and I can't argue too much until we play out our schedule so we just need to win on Saturday and this will start to sort itself out.

The Miss. State bandwagon ends this Saturday in my opinion. They beat a very good Auburn team at home, nice win. But they padded their resume against overrated 3 loss TX A&M and overrated 3 loss LSU. Alabama wins Sat.

I'd put us ahead of Georgia and K-State.

This is what I don't get. I will first agree with tschu that we haven't proven a lot yet with our schedule. But my beef is why the f#*k did the committee put us at #13 two weeks ago. Those 3 teams that jumped us did not have impressive wins last week and have 2 losses already. Why weren't they ranked ahead of us before?? I don't understand how you move down 3 spots in a committee poll and up to 11 in AP and coaches. This committee poll at the moment is worse than the AP poll and that's saying a lot. And it's not just because I think we should be up a few more spots than 16. sh#t I bet the BCS computers would have us higher than that. Putting together a committee like they did is littered with bias and a very inaccurate system.

• Fire 2

Yes sker that close win against McNeese State is brought up every single week. Your good wins, your good losses all count, just as bad wins and bad losses. At least that is what they keep saying. Every week it is looked at from start to finish. We are 8-1 but by the committee we are not thought as highly of as some two loss teams. We dropped because the team that lost to, dropped in the poll. According to this committee every thing is looked at every week to see how it measures up.

Like I said months/years ago, these type of games have an affect and nothing about them is positive. I know everyone else does it, but we are the ones that make them look like national level teams and hypsman type athletes. That is history for us.

I also do not agree that if we beat Wisconsin, we will see this giant jump in the poll. Almost everyone is into the real part of their schedules, the teams that lose, we may move ahead of. But if we beat Wisconsin and Minnesota they will have another loss, dropping them from the poll. Minnesota most likely will be gone this week.

I have no idea if we win the last three or not. sure hope so, but nothing this team has done this year indicates truly one way or the other, just our faith in them. As fans we rank up there, whether the team does or does not will be found out in the next month.

I am saying that we have to play the games. All this guessing and wishing and hoping means nothing. We are where we are. Win the games we will end up in the top 12 for sure, and for me that is a vast improvement over the past 14 years.

• Fire 1

Damage control - damage control, all hands hear this - melt down - melt down :ahhhhhhhh

:throw:flush:rickjames:bounce:duel:bang:LOLtartar:w00t:boxosoap:nutz:wasted:madash:facepalm::ohnoes:hellloooo:laughpound:grr:rollin

Yep, screw the polls and the committee rankings. Just play football, hope to be in the CCG and get a good bowl against a good team (not Georgia either). I think it is BS that a conference can send two+ teams to the play offs, if you did not win the conference - sorry try again next year. I just want to see a fair handling of the playoffs selections, even if the huskers are in the mix or not in the mix.

This is what I don't get. I will first agree with tschu that we haven't proven a lot yet with our schedule. But my beef is why the f#*k did the committee put us at #13 two weeks ago. Those 3 teams that jumped us did not have impressive wins last week and have 2 losses already. Why weren't they ranked ahead of us before?? I don't understand how you move down 3 spots in a committee poll and up to 11 in AP and coaches. This committee poll at the moment is worse than the AP poll and that's saying a lot. And it's not just because I think we should be up a few more spots than 16. sh#t I bet the BCS computers would have us higher than that. Putting together a committee like they did is littered with bias and a very inaccurate system.

Honestly, them putting Oregon above FSU is 2001 bad.