Snap issues

If we would just change it up, we get a few penalties on the opposing team for trying to jump the snap. Right off the bat......

They have to recognize it's an issue first. I don't know that they even realize they are doing it.

Which makes zero sense to me, they HAVE to know it's an issue..................right? RIGHT!?

If we would just change it up, we get a few penalties on the opposing team for trying to jump the snap. Right off the bat......

They have to recognize it's an issue first. I don't know that they even realize they are doing it.

Which makes zero sense to me, they HAVE to know it's an issue..................right? RIGHT!?

What issues have you seen this staff recognize and immediately fix? Name one.

What issues have you seen this staff recognize and immediately fix? Name one.

I got nothing............ :throw

• Fire 1

The only real issue I have with the shotgun is the clapping. Defense's find it way too easy to key in on when the ball will be snapped. If anything, let Tommy clap and let the center decide when to snap it on a silent count. If you do it, it keeps the d-lines in check making it easier for the O-line to get on their blocks.

Mark Pelini must not put his head up to look for his block after the clap and snap the ball immediately. He needs to vary the time for the snap after he raises his head. If the defense jumps, he needs to snap the ball and take the free 5 yards.

I don't understand the snap issue. As far as the clap snap goes, ive noticed some pro teams on the road has one of the guards look back and get a ready for snap signal from the QB and then taps the center on the leg. I assume once this is done, its a go to snap when ready for the center and not necessarily a snap immediately sort of action. Id like to see us adopt this for road games.

I think it's time to go back under center for these two, they can't seem to get on the same page with the shotgun and the hand clapping isn't helping the situation. It might throw Wisky off for a little bit trying to figure out what we're doing. Our entire offensive playbook can't be based on shotgun only and with Cross probably getting more snaps it only makes sense to run more power football formations. Do more power football, utilize the TE more, and I think we throw Wisky off some. We can always stretch the field laterally with Newby if we need to do that. I just don't want to see us go away from the run and keep up with this shotgun stuff since it seems to be causing a lot of problems.

I'll agree with the under center argument. The only thing is, you won't be able to run the zone-read.

I don't understand the snap issue. As far as the clap snap goes, ive noticed some pro teams on the road has one of the guards look back and get a ready for snap signal from the QB and then taps the center on the leg. I assume once this is done, its a go to snap when ready for the center and not necessarily a snap immediately sort of action. Id like to see us adopt this for road games.

Beck is way to smart for something like that!

I think it's time to go back under center for these two, they can't seem to get on the same page with the shotgun and the hand clapping isn't helping the situation. It might throw Wisky off for a little bit trying to figure out what we're doing. Our entire offensive playbook can't be based on shotgun only and with Cross probably getting more snaps it only makes sense to run more power football formations. Do more power football, utilize the TE more, and I think we throw Wisky off some. We can always stretch the field laterally with Newby if we need to do that. I just don't want to see us go away from the run and keep up with this shotgun stuff since it seems to be causing a lot of problems.

I'll agree with the under center argument. The only thing is, you won't be able to run the zone-read.

I think that's okay because I'm just going to assume AA is not coming back for Wisky. I don't know how well Newby doesn't run it that well just to be safe and we know Cross wouldn't do well in the zone read. I could definitely be wrong though.