Why Can't Nebraska Perform Like "X" School?

Landlord

And I know. if we win out I'll get shown the "told you so cards", but I guarantee if we do win out, it wont be because we overcame some of our issues. It'll be because we fixed em. And I'll eat the crow with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

So you're pulling the old, "I'm going to predict we do terrible, that way if we do well, I'm happy, if we do bad, I was right". Nice man, way to cover all the base

Please find the quote where I predicted we would do terrible, cuz I havent.

At least I dont think I did.

All im saying is if we play this sloppy int he next three games, the conclusion of this regular season will not be pretty. Pretty clear observation in my opinion. I aint predicting anything. I am hoping we succeed. But I do know if we do win, there will be folks wanting to say "see, see. we won". Great I'll say. How do I know this? Cuz I'd like to think I'm the same way.

Actually if we do win, it will probably be the same stuff since our wins since MSU. Lots of complaining. Wisconsin isn't ranked, therefore the win means nothing. Tommy didn't play a perfect football game, etc. Nothing will change. Even if we win the CCG, it will be more of an indication of our weak schedule than we actually earned it. Some posters are just incapable of giving credit when it is due.

• Fire 1

And I know. if we win out I'll get shown the "told you so cards", but I guarantee if we do win out, it wont be because we overcame some of our issues. It'll be because we fixed em. And I'll eat the crow with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

So you're pulling the old, "I'm going to predict we do terrible, that way if we do well, I'm happy, if we do bad, I was right". Nice man, way to cover all the base

All im saying is if we play this sloppy int he next three games, the conclusion of this regular season will not be pretty. Pretty clear observation in my opinion. I aint predicting anything. I am hoping we succeed. But I do know if we do win, there will be folks wanting to say "see, see. we won". Great I'll say. How do I know this? Cuz I'd like to think I'm the same way.

Actually if we do win, it will probably be the same stuff since our wins since MSU. Lots of complaining. Wisconsin isn't ranked, therefore the win means nothing. Tommy didn't play a perfect football game, etc. Nothing will change. Even if we win the CCG, it will be more of an indication of our weak schedule than we actually earned it. Some posters are just incapable of giving credit when it is due.

If we win in Madison, you will see no complaining from me sir. I guarantee. i dont care how ugly it is. I'll be reeled back in.

I tend to be pretty positive about this program, do I not?

Whatever, it was hyperbole. You know what I meant. The point is, you are predicting that the sky is falling and we have little chance in our next 3 games, that way, if it happens, you were right. If you're wrong, we did well, and hence you'll be happy cuz you're a fan. Congrats man, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Me, I'm going to continue to be optimistic, because I'd rather be happy and hopeful than brooding and upset. Do you, though, man.

I love these responses. The obvious lack of reading comprehension makes it so easy to reply to. It's a simple copy and paste of something I already said......

If we win in Madison, you will see no complaining from me sir. I guarantee. i dont care how ugly it is. I'll be reeled back in.

I tend to be pretty positive about this program, do I not?

This was not directed necessarily towards you. Just some of the posters in general. Everyone knows who they are.

Whatever, it was hyperbole. You know what I meant. The point is, you are predicting that the sky is falling and we have little chance in our next 3 games, that way, if it happens, you were right. If you're wrong, we did well, and hence you'll be happy cuz you're a fan. Congrats man, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Me, I'm going to continue to be optimistic, because I'd rather be happy and hopeful than brooding and upset. Do you, though, man.

I love these responses. The obvious lack of reading comprehension makes it so easy to reply to. It's a simple copy and paste of something I already said......

So your response is "If I don't, word for word, say exactly what someone says I said, then I didn't say it". Please. There are things called implications.

So your response is "If I don't, word for word, say exactly what someone says I said, then I didn't say it". Please. There are things called implications.

Did you eat some peanut butter? You sound like a dog with peanut butter stuck to it's mouth?

Did you eat some peanut butter? You sound like a dog with peanut butter stuck to it's mouth?

Nice, so you admit tacitly that you were wrong. See you later. Hope you go to bed angry tonight, like always.

it's obvious you dont spend much time here. I'm actually one the more opitmistic sunshine pumpers around here. Hell, ask Polo how many times me and him have combatted on this team, and who was on what side. So I find this whole insinuation from you that I'm some totally negative a-hole cuz I make some levelheaded and realistic comments very hilarious. Youre a real dandy. I'll give you that. You can go ahead and make your other 6 or so posts for the year, and we'll see you next November.

Nice, so you admit tacitly that you were wrong. See you later. Hope you go to bed angry tonight, like always.

it's obvious you dont spend much time here. I'm actually one the more opitmistic sunshine pumpers around here. Hell, ask Polo how many times me and him have combatted on this team, and who was on what side. So I find this whole insinuation from you that I'm some totally negative a-hole cuz I make some levelheaded and realistic comments very hilarious. Youre a real dandy. I'll give you that. You can go ahead and make your other 6 or so posts for the year, and we'll see you next November.

Way to foster a community. Sorry for wanting to begin posting here more seriously. You're right - I made this account 3+ years ago, hence I shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion. Good point. I believe you, you must really be pumping sunshine.

• Fire 1

Way to foster a community. Sorry for wanting to begin posting here more seriously. You're right - I made this account 3+ years ago, hence I shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion. Good point. I believe you, you must really be pumping sunshine.

OP is right about nearly every team having bad games. No argument. The difference is many of those top teams have big wins which lets you know they can beat really good competition. We've beaten Miami at home. That's our only top 50 win.

We've also seen poor fundamentals and all around sloppy play lead us to 4 losses every year for some time now. That's why some people don't want to ignore the red flags they are seeing on the field.

If we run the table, nobody will care about these sloppy games. Big IF though.

There comes a time when people see the light, not the train. Count is normally a total sunshine pumper. He loves this program. But he is seeing what some have seen for years now. We are seldom prepared for a game, make the same mistakes over and over. We make very little change to correct the problems during or after the game.

Yes we are 8-1 and we have the opportunity to be better. But that is what we need to be. Better. Most know my thinking on this program. I love it. I have sent a boat load of money to this program for over 35 years. I never complain about losses or wins, but the play in those games.

We have seen this team play to its ability 1/4 of a game this year. In a losing effort, since then, we have not seen that team. If, and I hope we don't, play like we have the last two games, Nebraska stands a good chance of losing. None of us want that. Correct the basic football mistakes as a player and a coach is all I ask.

There comes a time when people see the light, not the train. Count is normally a total sunshine pumper. He loves this program. But he is seeing what some have seen for years now. We are seldom prepared for a game, make the same mistakes over and over. We make very little change to correct the problems during or after the game.

Yes we are 8-1 and we have the opportunity to be better. But that is what we need to be. Better. Most know my thinking on this program. I love it. I have sent a boat load of money to this program for over 35 years. I never complain about losses or wins, but the play in those games.

We have seen this team play to its ability 1/4 of a game this year. In a losing effort, since then, we have not seen that team. If, and I hope we don't, play like we have the last two games, Nebraska stands a good chance of losing. None of us want that. Correct the basic football mistakes as a player and a coach is all I ask.

So getting a three and out on four straight possessions to open the game, a punt blocked and a TD on our first poss is not being prepared for a game?

• Fire 1

The most frustrating thing is, we know what this team is capable of. I mentioned earlier how we've had significant stretches of sloppy and undisciplined football for about every game for as long as we can remember. But, in the same games we also see pretty significant stretches of brilliance. Hell, just saturday, we had a blocked punt, a brilliant TD throw and catch on the run, and a long punt return for a near TD in the first 3 minutes. Same with the Michigan St game. We saw in that fourth quarter what we're capable. Let that set in for a sec.

So I think we've got the tools. The issue now is, if we get some things fixed, win this battle up in Madison and close the year out 11-1 and win the Big Ten CCG game, even as great as that would be, it could still very well be viewed as a should could kind of year if we get left out the playoffs cuz our body of work just isnt that impressive. Cuz we just didnt step on the throats and actually blow away Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, and Purdue away for 4 quarters, because we obviously didnt take seriously enough some pretty simple fundamentals. That's dissappointing that that could become a reality.

So getting a three and out on four straight possessions to open the game, a punt blocked and a TD on our first poss is not being prepared for a game?

This is the part that just puzzles me. Most of us can see there are repeat problems that aren't being fixed. I know I don't minimize that. It's just that the usual suspects (and I don't include Accountability in this because he's usually pretty even-handed) have a genetic predisposition to come out every game and pee on any thread that isn't negative already. Where the hell does this come from?

You want to piss and moan about the staff? Okay, most of us know how you feel, but for God's sake at least TRY not to be so friggin' psychotic about posts that aren't negative.