Why Can't Nebraska Perform Like "X" School?

Landlord

Well i guess. Its ok that we play like garbage for at the very least a half of every game, week in and week out, year after year. And that its so evil to make the simple and accurate proclamation that playing this way will result in losses in 2 if not all the final 3 regular season games.

As I've said before, posts like these make someone lose all credibility.

Garbage for at least half a game, week in and week out, year after year???

FAU, Fresno St, Miami, Illinois, and Northwestern this year?

How about Southern Miss last year? Illinois? Purdue?

Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Idaho State, Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa in 2012?

Chattanooga, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan State, and Iowa in 2011?

I will gladly keep going through all of Pelini's years if you want. There are at least 15 more examples.

Please, stop exaggerating. That is the #1 problem that plagues this fan base. Should we be happy with the names I listed above? Besides a few (Miami, UM, MSU, Iowa twice), probably not. But to act like we are ALWAYS terrible is just disgusting and disingenuous. R E L A X, man.

Great post Landlord.

And for all you complaining that were not the best, yeah your right. But you can't be the best always, unless Saban is coaching your team.

Even then, his teams aren't always the best, the stars have to align just right to be the best team. Or at least, you gotta be willing to break some rules and do some shady things to get the players to line up right. Which I'm not willing to do honestly.

• Fire 2

Great post Landlord.

And for all you complaining that were not the best, yeah your right. But you can't be the best always, unless Saban is coaching your team.

Even then, his teams aren't always the best, the stars have to align just right to be the best team. Or at least, you gotta be willing to break some rules and do some shady things to get the players to line up right. Which I'm not willing to do honestly.

That's just not true.

Great post Landlord.

That's just not true.

Saban is about as dirty as they come along with the rest of the SEC. It's been proven a number of times.

I really think you pull this sh#t on purpose Polo. You can't join a conversation without pooping on it one way or another. You seriously make this board unbearable at times.

• Fire 2

Great post Landlord.

That's just not true.

Saban is about as dirty as they come along with the rest of the SEC. It's been proven a number of times.

I really think you pull this sh#t on purpose Polo. You can't join a conversation without pooping on it one way or another. You seriously make this board unbearable at times.

You guys whining about Polo is unbearable.

• Fire 2

Great post Landlord.

That's just not true.

Well we don't get to have it both ways.

Either it's possible to be a champion without cheating, and that excuse is moot, or Osborne cheated.

And Saban isn't as "dirty as they come". Gary Bartnett comes to mind. Or Butch Davis.

• Fire 2

Well i guess. Its ok that we play like garbage for at the very least a half of every game, week in and week out, year after year. And that its so evil to make the simple and accurate proclamation that playing this way will result in losses in 2 if not all the final 3 regular season games.

As I've said before, posts like these make someone lose all credibility.

Garbage for at least half a game, week in and week out, year after year???

FAU, Fresno St, Miami, Illinois, and Northwestern this year?

How about Southern Miss last year? Illinois? Purdue?

Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Idaho State, Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa in 2012?

Chattanooga, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan State, and Iowa in 2011?

I will gladly keep going through all of Pelini's years if you want. There are at least 15 more examples.

Please, stop exaggerating. That is the #1 problem that plagues this fan base. Should we be happy with the names I listed above? Besides a few (Miami, UM, MSU, Iowa twice), probably not. But to act like we are ALWAYS terrible is just disgusting and disingenuous. R E L A X, man.

i can go back to every single game you listed and find significant stretches of sloppiness and bad football. Those games were won because of glaring talent disparities in our favor. Like ive said im lookin at more than just the score at this point. And ive still yet to see anything whatsoever from this team that suggestes its ready to take the next step. if we do itll be because obvious and glaring improvements were made. Our 8-1 record is mostly a result of a sh#t schedule. Its fact. And the inly real good team we played thumped us for 3 quarters and decided to take a nap.
  • Fire 1

Oh and if youre not watching closely enough to have an opinion that we play good solid football for the most of those games, then youre in for a big kick in the gut again come two weeks IF we show up to Madison and play sloppy, undisciplined football again, and we find ourselves down 27-3 again, while we hope for another fluke flurry to save the season.

We finished up our flag football season today. 6 and 7 year olds. I find it funny cuz we've kept track, moreso as a joke since the michigan St game. 20-30 offensive plays a game. All shotgun/pistol. We botched 4 snap all season (6 games). That's Nebraska's average per game the last 4 games I think. Real sound football there.

Why can't Nebraska perform like "X" school?

Let's look at some common opponents and what some other teams have done against them.

NU 55 FAU 7

FIU 38 FAU 10

UAB 31 FAU 28

Marshall 35 FAU 16

NU 31 McNeese 24

Sam Houston 38 McN 22

NU 55 Fresno 19

Wyoming 45 Fresno 17

UNLV 30 Fresno 27

NU 38 NW 17

Iowa 48 NW 7

No Illinois 23 NW 15

NU 42 Rutgers 24

Wiscy 37 RU 0

tOSU 56 RU 17

There's more and I realize the inherent flaws in comparing scores but, some people act like they can't understand why some of us aren't impressed with some of our wins. This is why. We aren't doing anything that many unranked, un thought of teams, aren't doing to the same crap opponents. We've played two teams with a heartbeat, Miami and MSU. We came ready to play against Miami, so I know we are capable and that is why all these other games are so frustrating. It's not just doom and gloom and complain for complainings sake. It's relevant because I don't think we can play this poorly and beat Wiscy or Iowa or Minny or the CCG or our bowl game. Sorry, I see 3 losses in there somewhere and then we're right back to the question; what has really changed?

Fun fun.

MSU 45 Purdue 31

NU 35 Purdue 14

NU 55 FAU 7

Ala"freakin'bama 41 FAU 0

Haha I just love how he left out the Bama score because it would have went against his point of view. Also like the part where some Illinois scores didn't favor his opinion so he just left them out.

NU 45 Illi 14

OhioSt 55 Illi 14

Wisky 38 Illi 28

When Wisky stomped Rutgers you went ahead and mentioned it....but i don't see them mentioned in the NW part? It that because they lost therefore didn't help your point?

Then to top it off, as mentioned above, you also "forgot"...AKA they went against your argument.

NU 35 Purdue 14

MichSt 45 Purdue 31

Notre Dame 30 Purdue 14

EDIT: Don't have much of an opinion on the matter, because comparing scores between common opponents really doesn't tell the story. Just love when people only post stats that favor there opinion rather then the whole story.

#1 Mississippi State struggled with 5-4 UAB, giving up 600 yards of offense, over 400 passing yards, and never led by more than two scores.

#2 Florida State barely beat unranked 5-4 Oklahoma State and unranked 5-4 North Carolina State, giving up 36 points per game, 450+ yards per game, and giving away several turnovers.

#3 Auburn barely put away 4-4 South Carolina.

#5 Oregon almost lost to 2-7 Washington State giving up 600 yards of offense and only scoring 31 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

#6 Alabama only beat 4-5 Arkansas by one point, gaining only 227 yards of offense against the 40th ranked defense in the country.

#9 Kansas State only beat 2-6 Iowa State by 4 points, only winning on the last drive after giving up 28 straight unanswered points.

#10 Notre Dame struggled quite a bit against 4-5 North Carolina, winning by only one touchdown and giving up 43 yards and 500+ yards, with 3 turnovers.

#11 Georgia lost to 4-3 Florida today, giving up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the entire country.

#12 Arizona has struggled and barely squeaked out victories against 2-6 UTSA, 5-3 Nevada, and 4-4 Cal.

#13 Baylor, with the top offense in the country, only managed 27 points and 318 yards against West Virginia, even though they forced 3 turnovers and WVU having the 61st ranked defense.

#16 Ohio State lost with 3 turnovers and only 300 yards of offense to unranked Virginia Tech, who lost to East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Miami, and Boston College.

#17 Utah lost to 2-7 Washington State, and barely beat 4-3 Oregon State in two overtimes.

#18 Oklahoma nearly lost to 3-5 Texas, with only 29 yards of offense in the first half, and 232 yards total.

I didn't go any further down than that because you get the point. Ugly, inconsistent games happen to everyone - even multiple times per season! That's not to say we don't have plenty of room for progress, it's not to say that we're even doing great at being consistent or executing at a high level at all times. It's simply to say that executing a consistent 4 quarter complete football game isn't exactly a common occurrence for ANYONE, and while it's absolutely something to strive for, it's not something to call for firing coaches or a week's worth of whining when it doesn't happen every week.

Love it.

Polo pooping up even more threads with his inability to understand definitions properly.

As I go through some of these threads it occurs to me that Nebraska lost today, and some are glad. If NU goes 11 and 1 these Nostradami will bitch about losing the one game.

Broken. Record.

I'm usually very pessimistic but if Nebraska goes 11-1 even I would be thrilled

With 0 wins against top 25

So we're like Alabama then.