Why Can't Nebraska Perform Like "X" School?

Landlord

This stuff is nonsense Landlord...stop posting it. NEB needs to play like Gods in order to be considered "good." Neb can't have a subpar game. If they do, we have to blame someone, players or coaches.

If Neb isn't perfect during the bye-week, I'm just going to find another team to root for. I really wish Taylor Martinez was back with Tom Osborne as head coach.

• Fire 1

#1 Mississippi State struggled with 5-4 UAB, giving up 600 yards of offense, over 400 passing yards, and never led by more than two scores.

#2 Florida State barely beat unranked 5-4 Oklahoma State and unranked 5-4 North Carolina State, giving up 36 points per game, 450+ yards per game, and giving away several turnovers.

#3 Auburn barely put away 4-4 South Carolina.

#5 Oregon almost lost to 2-7 Washington State giving up 600 yards of offense and only scoring 31 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

#6 Alabama only beat 4-5 Arkansas by one point, gaining only 227 yards of offense against the 40th ranked defense in the country.

#9 Kansas State only beat 2-6 Iowa State by 4 points, only winning on the last drive after giving up 28 straight unanswered points.

#10 Notre Dame struggled quite a bit against 4-5 North Carolina, winning by only one touchdown and giving up 43 yards and 500+ yards, with 3 turnovers.

#11 Georgia lost to 4-3 Florida today, giving up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the entire country.

#12 Arizona has struggled and barely squeaked out victories against 2-6 UTSA, 5-3 Nevada, and 4-4 Cal.

#13 Baylor, with the top offense in the country, only managed 27 points and 318 yards against West Virginia, even though they forced 3 turnovers and WVU having the 61st ranked defense.

#16 Ohio State lost with 3 turnovers and only 300 yards of offense to unranked Virginia Tech, who lost to East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Miami, and Boston College.

#17 Utah lost to 2-7 Washington State, and barely beat 4-3 Oregon State in two overtimes.

#18 Oklahoma nearly lost to 3-5 Texas, with only 29 yards of offense in the first half, and 232 yards total.

I didn't go any further down than that because you get the point. Ugly, inconsistent games happen to everyone - even multiple times per season! That's not to say we don't have plenty of room for progress, it's not to say that we're even doing great at being consistent or executing at a high level at all times. It's simply to say that executing a consistent 4 quarter complete football game isn't exactly a common occurrence for ANYONE, and while it's absolutely something to strive for, it's not something to call for firing coaches or a week's worth of whining when it doesn't happen every week.

I get your anti-meltdown points, and I find them annoying as well.

But if Nebraska had to play any of those teams next week we would probably lose. I also don't blame Beck like most people, although I wasn't sure about throwing late into the game like we did. I blame our QB who really struggled today throwing the ball. His lack of development in the passing game is really concerning.

• Fire 2

#1 Mississippi State struggled with 5-4 UAB, giving up 600 yards of offense, over 400 passing yards, and never led by more than two scores.

#2 Florida State barely beat unranked 5-4 Oklahoma State and unranked 5-4 North Carolina State, giving up 36 points per game, 450+ yards per game, and giving away several turnovers.

#3 Auburn barely put away 4-4 South Carolina.

#5 Oregon almost lost to 2-7 Washington State giving up 600 yards of offense and only scoring 31 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

#6 Alabama only beat 4-5 Arkansas by one point, gaining only 227 yards of offense against the 40th ranked defense in the country.

#9 Kansas State only beat 2-6 Iowa State by 4 points, only winning on the last drive after giving up 28 straight unanswered points.

#10 Notre Dame struggled quite a bit against 4-5 North Carolina, winning by only one touchdown and giving up 43 yards and 500+ yards, with 3 turnovers.

#11 Georgia lost to 4-3 Florida today, giving up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the entire country.

#12 Arizona has struggled and barely squeaked out victories against 2-6 UTSA, 5-3 Nevada, and 4-4 Cal.

#13 Baylor, with the top offense in the country, only managed 27 points and 318 yards against West Virginia, even though they forced 3 turnovers and WVU having the 61st ranked defense.

#16 Ohio State lost with 3 turnovers and only 300 yards of offense to unranked Virginia Tech, who lost to East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Miami, and Boston College.

#17 Utah lost to 2-7 Washington State, and barely beat 4-3 Oregon State in two overtimes.

#18 Oklahoma nearly lost to 3-5 Texas, with only 29 yards of offense in the first half, and 232 yards total.

I didn't go any further down than that because you get the point. Ugly, inconsistent games happen to everyone - even multiple times per season! That's not to say we don't have plenty of room for progress, it's not to say that we're even doing great at being consistent or executing at a high level at all times. It's simply to say that executing a consistent 4 quarter complete football game isn't exactly a common occurrence for ANYONE, and while it's absolutely something to strive for, it's not something to call for firing coaches or a week's worth of whining when it doesn't happen every week.

Honestly ask yourself if you think Nebraska could stay within Auburn, Miss st, Notre dame, Florida st, Alabama or other wise.

Yes or no, we're done here. Because one answer ands the thread, and the other ends the thread because you refuse perspective.

• Fire 1

I look at it this way thus far this season....NEB can play like crap at times, but still win convincingly...i.e. vs. Purude and Rutgers. Now, while in past years....those games may have been closer....and possibly a loss.

Every team has crap games, even "the best" ones. And to provide my own answer to NUpolo8's response, Yes. NEB could hang with some of those teams IMO...may not be a win, I wouldn't favor Neb in most of them...but I don't think Neb would get blown out. Not this Husker team this year.

I look at it this way thus far this season....NEB can play like crap at times, but still win convincingly...i.e. vs. Purude and Rutgers. Now, while in past years....those games may have been closer....and possibly a loss.

Every team has crap games, even "the best" ones. And to provide my own answer to NUpolo8's response, Yes. NEB could hang with some of those teams IMO...may not be a win, I wouldn't favor Neb in most of them...but I don't think Neb would get blown out. Not this Husker team this year.

So "not getting blown out against the good teams" is the new standard. Got it.

Lol its a damn step in the right direction, but I also didn't say Neb couldn't win some of those games. Let's let this season play out...plenty of football left to be played, including the teams Landlord posted.

Not gonna lie though, still real troubling seeing bumbling, scratch your head mistakes on the offense. The same Ole sh#t for years now. The turnovers may be a bit down this year, which is excellent...however, the same weird issues linger at times.

• Fire 2

Sorry, but no excuses anymore. I am and was a sunshine pumper. But if you cant get the dam ball in your hands your not doing something right. Im not throwing everyone under the buss like some but jesus man. Thats basic football, f#*k blowing routs and throwing batted picks. Getting the god dam ball in your hands is 101 football.

• Fire 1

Lol its a damn step in the right direction, but I also didn't say Neb couldn't win some of those games. Let's let this season play out...plenty of football left to be played, including the teams Landlord posted.

Not gonna lie though, still real troubling seeing bumbling, scratch your head mistakes on the offense. The same Ole sh#t for years now. The turnovers may be a bit down this year, which is excellent...however, the same weird issues linger at times.

No, it is not a step in the right direction.