Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

With Ohio St. winning, not only will there be a question as to whether Michigan St. should be higher than us still in the rankings, but I feel (assuming we make it to the Big Ten championship...which may be assuming a lot) that we match up terribly with Ohio State. We struggle with athletic quarterbacks...

Well, I'd rather we get there and take our chances
What an insightful post...what Nebraska fan wouldn't want to make it there and "take our chance."

Considering I've actually seen posts where people say "do we really want to get to the championship game and get our butts kicked", you'd be surprised.

I take that back then. I should have said the majority of Nebraska fans, as I have seen similar insane posts. (But then again, should we even consider individuals that intentionally root against our team's success true Nebraska fans in the first place?)

The B1G needs OSU and Nebraska to win out. That will be a top ten matchup and will be fresh in the minds of the selection committee at the end of the season.

no doubt. There may very well be two 1-loss Big12 teams sittin idle that night. Remember how the committee jumped two teams over an idle Mich St last week.

Based on how the CFPC has acted so far here is my best guess on how the rankings (to the huskers spot) will look come Tues

Miss St

Fl St

Oregon

TCU - more hoping they see that win vs k state as more impressive than the snoozefest in death valley

Alabama

Arizona St

Baylor

Ohio St

Ole Miss

Mich St - i could see them right below us too, but based on their 2 losses being teams higher than them i bet they are still above us

Auburn - this one kills me but based on what they did with ole miss last week i wouldnt be surprised, similar situation

Nebraska - sucks to have 3 2 loss teams ahead of us but it is what it is so to speak

Based on this we need a ton of help still, tOSU really screwed thngs up in my mind!

Based on how the CFPC has acted so far here is my best guess on how the rankings (to the huskers spot) will look come Tues

Miss St

Fl St

Oregon

TCU - more hoping they see that win vs k state as more impressive than the snoozefest in death valley

Alabama

Arizona St

Baylor

Ohio St

Ole Miss

Mich St - i could see them right below us too, but based on their 2 losses being teams higher than them i bet they are still above us

Auburn - this one kills me but based on what they did with ole miss last week i wouldnt be surprised, similar situation

Nebraska - sucks to have 3 2 loss teams ahead of us but it is what it is so to speak

Based on this we need a ton of help still, tOSU really screwed thngs up in my mind!

I agree. OSU played lights out. It's irritating to me they find these QB's that can run and pass so well early in their careers. MSU defense looked average at best last night. We needed them to win.

Auburn looked a bit like Nebraska from last week with the snap issues and dumbfounded mistakes. They lost against an unranked A&M team and I hope they will drop 1 notch below us. They have dodged many bullets already and still have 2 losses. Hoping OSU climbs to 7. The higher they climb, the better for us assuming we meet them in the CCG.