Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

It's been a great day for Nebraska. At this point, win out and we're in.

No guarantee of that at all. FSU, Miss St (or Alabama or Ole Miss), Oregon and TCU winning out would be very bad for us. Chances are one of them will lose, but we still need at least one more shoe to drop.
Still a few weeks for those things to happen, I think it's been about as good as we could have expected tonight! Moving up 2 or 3 spots during a bye week is a success in my book

No guarantee of that at all. FSU, Miss St (or Alabama or Ole Miss), Oregon and TCU winning out would be very bad for us. Chances are one of them will lose, but we still need at least one more shoe to drop.

I have a hard time seeing a one loss Big 12 team making it in over a 1 loss B1G team with a CCG. I also don't see a second SEC team making it at this point.

Still a few weeks for those things to happen, I think it's been about as good as we could have expected tonight! Moving up 2 or 3 spots during a bye week is a success in my book

PowerT was more accurate. Oregon OR Arizona St from the Pac 12 winning out is ahead of us. K State or TCU or Baylor is probably ahead of us (and TCU's path is pretty easy after this, really just Texas). FSU could possibly stay ahead of us with a loss. Lots of time, but we still need help. Biggest challenge is for us to win out though.

I have a hard time seeing a one loss Big 12 team making it in over a 1 loss B1G team with a CCG. I also don't see a second SEC team making it at this point.

They play 9 conference games big10 doesnt

They also play 12 games instead of 13.

What does it matter if 4 of them are gimmes or 3?

TCU is the top ranked B12 team and is spanking the next best team. They will increase the gap over us. Even if we gain spots by teams between us losing, in reality they will be seen as further ahead. Is Wisky, Minnie, Iowa, and MSU/OSU enough to make up the gap? I really doubt TCU loses again, though maybe the Texas that showed up today could beat them.

What does it matter if 4 of them are gimmes or 3?

This describes EVERY CONFERENCE