Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

To all those talking about 2-loss teams in front of us, keep in mind that conference championships have not been factored in, yet.

There's been very little talk of 2 loss teams staying ahead of us. We were pretty much talking about if 1) FSU, 2) the SEC champ coming from Miss St, Alabama or Ole Miss, 3) the Pac 12 champ and 4) B12 champ go unbeaten the rest of the way, which is all 0 or 1 loss teams.

With Ohio St. winning, not only will there be a question as to whether Michigan St. should be higher than us still in the rankings, but I feel (assuming we make it to the Big Ten championship...which may be assuming a lot) that we match up terribly with Ohio State. We struggle with athletic quarterbacks...

With Ohio St. winning, not only will there be a question as to whether Michigan St. should be higher than us still in the rankings, but I feel (assuming we make it to the Big Ten championship...which may be assuming a lot) that we match up terribly with Ohio State. We struggle with athletic quarterbacks...

Well, I'd rather we get there and take our chances

They're still young and have questionable positions on both sides of the ball.

I was personally rooting for Sparty so we could beat them in the title game. I don't think that a win against a tOSU squad with a bad loss to VTech will help--the pollsters will simply shrug their shoulders and say that tOSU wasn't that good after all.

I was personally rooting for Sparty so we could beat them in the title game. I don't think that a win against a tOSU squad with a bad loss to VTech will help--the pollsters will simply shrug their shoulders and say that tOSU wasn't that good after all.

Enough teams might get knocked out ahead of us that they'll have no choice.

MSU ruined everything tonight. Now we need for teams to lose to have a chance.

That's true, but I don't think enough will fall to where we would move up by default enough to make the leap

MSU ruined everything tonight. Now we need for teams to lose to have a chance.

We needed that anyways. The perception of the B1G made it that way.

What an insightful post...what Nebraska fan wouldn't want to make it there and "take our chance."

What an insightful post...what Nebraska fan wouldn't want to make it there and "take our chance."

Considering I've actually seen posts where people say "do we really want to get to the championship game and get our butts kicked", you'd be surprised.

Yes, they are still young and may have a few questionable positions, but their playcalling really played to their strengths tonight. They manhandled a good defense. I'm not saying it's impossible that Nebraska can beat them. I look forward to the chance. I just think our defense matches up better with MSU's traditional QB

With the losses today from #3 Auburn, #7 Kansas St, #8 Michigan St, and #10 Notre Dame as well as a win by #14 Ohio St (against #8 MSU), I could see #13 Nebraska jumping Kansas St, Michigan St, and Notre Dame (and maybe Auburn, but I doubt it since the committee kept a 2-loss Ole Miss ahead of Nebraska) but getting jumped by Ohio St. That would move Nebraska up to #10 or #11 (depending on what the committee does to a 2-loss Auburn team that just got beat by an unranked opponent).

Looking ahead to #25 Wisky, with losses by #15 Oklahoma, #16 LSU, #17 Utah (I am telegraphing a little here), and #23 West Virginia, I could see the Badgers ranked as high as #21 when Nebraska enters Madison.

If Nebraska can beat a #21 Wisky, they will be for sure, a Top 10 team.

With the losses today from #3 Auburn, #7 Kansas St, #8 Michigan St, and #10 Notre Dame as well as a win by #14 Ohio St (against #8 MSU), I could see #13 Nebraska jumping Kansas St, Michigan St, and Notre Dame (and maybe Auburn, but I don't it) but getting jumped by Ohio St. That would move Nebraska up to #10 or #11 (depending on what the committee does to a 2-loss Auburn team that just got beat by an unranked opponent).

Looking ahead to #25 Wisky, with losses by #15 Oklahoma, #16 LSU, #17 Utah (I am telegraphing a little here), and #23 West Virginia, I could see the Badgers ranked as high as #21 when Nebraska enters Madison.

If Nebraska can beat a #21 Wisky, they will be for sure, a Top 10 team.

I don't think Auburn falls out of top 10. But, it's possible. At best, we are #10, at worst, #11.