at Texas Tech, Oct. 9, 2004 (NU 10) 70

4. at Colorado, Nov. 23, 2007 (NU 51) 65

5. at Ohio State, Oct. 6, 2012 (NU 38) 63

6. at Colorado, Nov. 23, 2001 (NU 36) 62

at Oklahoma, Nov. 1, 2008 (NU 28) 62

8. Minnesota, Oct. 6, 1945 (NU 7) 61

9. at Wisconsin, Nov. 15, 2014 (NU 24) 59

10. at Oklahoma, Nov. 20, 1954 (NU 7) 55

Stats available here (minus the Wisconsin game): http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/2760508.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

To summarize: Bo has only coached 7% of the games at Nebraska, but owns 5 of the top-10 all-time worst defensive performances in yardage surrendered, and 4 of the top-10 all-time worst defensive performances in points surrendered. Notice two other things:

• Bo has three more spots on the all-time yardage list than Callahan, and one more on the all-time points list than Callahan. We aren't just as bad as we were under Callahan; we're objectively worse.
  • All but one of these record-setting bad performances have come in 2012 or after. The team is bad and getting worse. So much for the theory that he had to turn the ship around.

melvin gordon had a tough time holding onto the ball the first qtr. he fumbled when we had a sizeable lead, went to the sideline and was encouraged by a coach.

davie missed an assignment and gordon busted a big run. we still had the lead. bo stalked davie to continue to yell at him, instead of coaching.

gordon went on to have the best rushing day in the history of the game.

that is quite the juxtaposition.

melvin gordon had a tough time holding onto the ball the first qtr. he fumbled when we had a sizeable lead, went to the sideline and was encouraged by a coach.

davie missed an assignment and gordon busted a big run. we still had the lead. bo stalked davie to continue to yell at him, instead of coaching.

Nope

Nope

i can't argue with that.

By this logic, the players win despite Bo's sideline demeanor and they lose because of it.

By this logic, the players win despite Bo's sideline demeanor and they lose because of it.

you do not think that when bo loses it on the sidelines, the wheels start to come off? remember him getting into it with stafford? this isn't new.

and there is a difference between just yelling at a player and completely losing control.

when bo loses control, so does the team. i think we have enough evidence to confidently assert this now.

when bo loses control, so does the team. i think we have enough evidence to confidently assert this now.

Yeah. When we were only down a touchdown and Bo was losing it on the sideline I turned to my dad and said that this game was going to spiral out of control . . . we've seen this before. "We're only down by seven points right now . . . but this game is over. The team is going to meltdown."

• Fire 2

Yeah. When we were only down a touchdown and Bo was losing it on the sideline I turned to my dad and said that this game was going to spiral out of control . . . we've seen this before. "We're only down by seven points right now . . . but this game is over. The team is going to meltdown."

exactly. and i just thought the juxtaposition of gordon going to a sideline that was controlled, confident, and encouraging was interesting. especially given how the game turned out.

and it is really the only way to explain the blowouts. because this team has executed before. against miami and nw. not the best teams, but we played well. but then something goes wrong and bo does not know what to do other than lose his mind and the team.

• Fire 1

you do not think that when bo loses it on the sidelines, the wheels start to come off? remember him getting into it with stafford? this isn't new.

and there is a difference between just yelling at a player and completely losing control.

We won the game that he "got into it" with Stafford, didn't we?

I don't think that when Bo loses it on the sideline, the wheels come off. I think just the opposite. But it's no excuse for his behavior.

And again, if the team loses because of his behavior, they win because of it too. It has been said on this board plenty of times that he gets on players in good times and in bad.

I don't think that when Bo loses it on the sideline, the wheels come off. I think just the opposite. But it's no excuse for his behavior.

And again, if the team loses because of his behavior, they win because of it too. It has been said on this board plenty of times that he gets on players in good times and in bad.

the 2012 championship is what i was referencing. i could be wrong, though. maybe it was the 2012 regular season game with wiscy.

maybe, i guess the argument can be over symptom or cause. but i think we see something more than just getting on players. games where bo just loses control at everyone. and the game seems to then be out of control.

the 2012 championship is what i was referencing. i could be wrong, though. maybe it was the 2012 regular season game with wiscy.

maybe, i guess the argument can be over symptom or cause. but i think we see something more than just getting on players. games where bo just loses control at everyone. and the game seems to then be out of control.

His argument with Stafford was against Penn State and we won the game.

But from my observation, Bo doesn't freak out on the sidelines until sh#t hits the fan. But once it has, he doesn't recover well.

• Fire 1

That's funny because when they tied it up I said to my wife its over. I have to agree that In Big Games when Bo loses his mind which he did a few times excessively one Bell pulled him away from the ref and with Davie I think Pap told him enough (I think I saw anyway). I am not sure what the answer is here. I would hate to fire Bo especially if we win one of the next two or both. I just don't think it will be good or easy to get a new coach unless he is found before hand. I think for sure Bo HAS to get rid of Beck(Which I think he is a good person and coach wrong personnel) and Pap I would like to see Bo hire a D coordinator and Bo coach the Lb's and Safeties, Then we will have to either get a O coordinator that can coach the QB or we will need to get rid of another assistant to find a QB coach. Things ARE better than they were with Clownahan but Saturday was horrible and a disgrace to our great University.

His argument with Stafford was against Penn State and we won the game.

But from my observation, Bo doesn't freak out on the sidelines until sh#t hits the fan. But once it has, he doesn't recover well.

good call. +1

and to your second point, i guess either way i am just saying it is a manifestation of him having no control over the situation. and that is a pretty bad thing for a head coach.

2 posters to a Sipple article - adds to this thread. I don't take credit for their hard work, but I agree wt the conclusions. We can do much better.

Dam the excuses that we've won 9 games per year, that we can't get someone good to come here. NU is too good for these lame excuses. Time to say thanks for 7 years and move on.

Bo will not get us a championship of any kind.

Quotes:

Just to put things into prospective, this is why Mr. emBOrrassment needs to go. I looked up some stats on him as illustrated below.

Overall record - 50-21 (.704) ( This is misleading because wins are against cupcakes...)
Record vs BCS schools with winning records - 18-19 (.486)
Record vs Top 25 teams - 5-15 (.250)
Record vs Top 15 teams - 2-12 (.143) (Most important)
Record vs teams with at least 8 wins - 15-16 (.484)
Record vs teams with at least 10 wins - 5-12 (.294)
Conference record vs teams with 9+ wins - 5-10 (.333)

List of good coaches that have elevated programs right away.

Urban Myer at Ohio State: 30-3 since hired (.909)

Gus Malzahn @ Aubrun: 19-3 (.86)

Tressel at Ohio State
2001 - 7-5
2002 - 14-0

Stoops at Oklahoma
1999 - 7-5
2000 - 13-0

Richt at Georgia
2001 - 8-4
2002 - 13-1

Not to mention Saban and others.

Here are some more stats for you... Bo against teams that finished in the top 25 (AP/Coaches)

2008: VT 30-35 L
2008: Missouri 17-52 L
2008: TT 31-37 L
2008: OU 28-62 L

2009: VT 15-16 L
2009: TT 10-31 L
2009: UT 12-13 L

2010: OKST 51-41 W
2010: Mizz 31-17 W
2010: A&M 6-9 L
2010: OU 20-23 L

2011: Wisc 17-48 L
2011: MSU 24-3 W
2011: Mich 17-45 L
2011: SCar 10-31 L

2012: OSU 38-63 L
2012: NW 29-28 W
2012: Mich 23-9 W
2012: UGA 31-45 L

2013: UCLA 21-41 L
2013: MSU 28-41 L

2014: MSU 22-27 L
2014: Wisc 24-59 L

Overall Bo is 5-18 against teams that finished in the top 25 (with Michigan St. and Wisconsin 2014 added in as they are currently ranked). That is a 21.74 winning %.

Since 2012, with Pelini's's own recruits, he is 2-6 vs. teams that finished in the Top 25. The 2 victories were over NW in 2012 29-28 and Michigan in 2012 23-9, when Denard Robinson got hurt. Against teams that finished in the top 25 with his own recruits, 2-6 average score 27 to 39. Take out the Denard Robinson injury game and it is 1-6, 27.6 to 43.4.

The last 2 years with games played against teams that finished ranked (or are currently ranked): 0-4. Average score 23.75 to 42.0.

Nebraska has won 9 games every year under bo, but who are we beating?

2008: 9 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2009: 10 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2010: 8 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2011: 8 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2012: 8 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2013: 9 wins vs. teams that finished unranked
2014: 8 wins vs. teams that finished unranked

61 of his 66 victories have come against teams that finished unranked. 7 years, 5 wins vs. ranked teams. 18 losses.

• Fire 3