I wouldn't fire Bo

Risk is too high to go into a tail spin like Michigan, Notre Dame (pre Kelly), Tennessee, and Miami. I would get new coordinators. Open the checkbook and get the best.

Nebraska will finish with 10 wins and that's something to be proud of. Nebraska will play in a great January 1st bowl.

Relax, it could be worse, you could be Michigan :/

Good point. Part of the problem is still recruiting...we're getting good players, but not the super studs who dominate the field.

My belief in Bo stems from the quote "You'll never appreciate how good something is, until its gone."

I would much rather have a consistent 9 or 10 win season, than run the risk of bringing in a coach who spirals the program back down. Do I want the Huskers to win championships? Hell yes!

Can Bo win championships at Nebraska? Maybe. Can he win them somewhere else? Maybe. Can the Huskers do better under a different coach? Maybe.

But I guarantee you this, the chances the Huskers can do better under a different coach are just about equal that they fall to another 7, 6, 5 win season under a different coach. Are you ready to ride that storm if that happens?

• Fire 2

My belief in Bo stems from the quote "You'll never appreciate how good something is, until its gone."

I would much rather have a consistent 9 or 10 win season, than run the risk of bringing in a coach who spirals the program back down. Do I want the Huskers to win championships? Hell yes!

Can Bo win championships at Nebraska? Maybe. Can he win them somewhere else? Maybe. Can the Huskers do better under a different coach? Maybe.

But I guarantee you this, the chances the Huskers can do better under a different coach are just about equal that they fall to another 7, 6, 5 win season under a different coach. Are you ready to ride that storm if that happens?

7 years is more than enough evidence to suggest that Pelini will never get it done here. Things need to change, and Pelini is unwilling or unable to make the changes needed. Therefore the only remaining option is to change.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SE is a coward, he'll never fire Bo

^^^This. I think Eichorst is a good to very good admin, but he's not going to "own" this issue. He'll wait until the decision gets made for him (i.e. team wins 5 or less OR major boosters demand a change). Can't blame him. Personally, I don't think Eichorst/Perlman have it in them to hire anyone better. Would love to see BP gone at this point but don't see it happening...

If he (SE) is a good admin, he might see a way to make things happen. Don't fire Bo. But get out the checkbook and pay the best OC and DC that money can buy. Tell (tell, don't ask) Bo that these are going to be his staff. If he's not happy, he can resign. He wouldn't stand for that....he leaves....we don't fire him and change happens. Just better have the goods all lined up before making that kind of power play.

Do other coaches see Bo as a dead man walking? Would they if he was out there getting experienced, outside help? Coaches tend to see things differently than fans.

I think they do. Offer enough money to someone and we might get somebody though. He had a chance to get an experienced coordinator after Watson and chose his Youngstown buddy. He refuses to admit that his scheme doesn't work w/o Suh or Dorsey. We have been fighting this battle for some time.

Time for his head to roll imo.