Tommy Needs Help to be Great

We've seem Tommy make amazing throws and equally amazing runs, executing the offense to perfection.....at times...and limited times to be sure. But..he's shown he can do it.

I'm watching the Miami (glad we aren't playing them this late in the season..the are good) and Florida State. When Kaava or Winston comes to the sidelines, there is a coach there waiting for him....and NOT yelling at him....but there to pat him on the head...talk to him about the last series...make suggestions and such. Tommy comes back to either nothing or an angry Bo. I might just miss it..but I don't see anyone helping Tommy on the sidelines.

Even if Tommy isn't the guy, we need someone there to take care of the QB.

• Fire 1

Yes Tommy needs help to become a great ..RB. He is not shaping up into a QB with any future outside of doing Runza commercials airing at 1a.m. He cannot find continual success in Beck's system because he has one throw, and that is the long bomb down the field which requires more effort on the receiver's part to make work. His arm is a howitzer not a gun. Howitzers fire at grid locations hoping to find a target, guns fire at targets, stationary or moving. Beck needs a gunslinger not a bomb thrower.

Tommy's WAY behind the learning curve on making complete reads and correct decisions. He'll read a short dump off only if it is the primary receiver on a called play, otherwise he's going ballistic for the downfield crapshoot. I can't even say he's a particularly good scrambler on breakdowns, lucky at times, but most of his running success comes on called plays.

It's time to warm up Stanton and get him some real time on the field. That or find a true gunslinger who will fit Beck's system. It'll be much easier than canning Beck, then having to reinstall a whole new system with all the wrong parts like we did in 2004. So either disappoint Tommy by sitting him down or scrap the whole offensive team and all of the offensive recruits for 2015 and probables for 2016.

They talked about this on overreaction last night after the game, I think beck should be on the field not up in the box, if you watch Alabama kiffin is there to meet Sims and go over what happened. This could be something that could in theory that could help Tommy, but TA is a lost cause his issues are way beyond fixing this late in the season he is what he is and he is terrible

I expected more from Tommy and I'll be honest, he's not getting it done. That long ball he just threw on a prayer was just baffling.

Problem is, I thought Tommy showed more at the end of last season and the beginning of this season. How does a QB regress the more time he spends in a system? Common sense and logic say that a player should improve or progress the more experienced and trained he becomes in a system. So why do we step backwards in spots? Especially at QB?

I can truly say I don't know but I'm so sick of trying to figure it out.

We've been told all these stories about simplifying just to hear the term "over coached" already this season. None of this looks simple. If it were so simple, why can't we execute it? My answer: These coaches can't coach their own philosophies effectively or their systems are too complicating to be executed efficiently. I bet it's both.

The offensive line and their abilities don't fit this scheme, that's more than certain. A lot of issues start right there.

IMO, I'd love to see an entirely new staff but if not, a QB coach needs to be hired, Beck needs to be fired, and an offensive coordinator with offensive line experience needs to be hired. Matt Limegrover fits the bill.

The best route we ran all day was that inside slant to Reilly on the five yard line at the beginning of the game. Tommy put it on the money. Reilly dropped it. We didn't see much more like it the rest of the game.

Either way,mwith an offensive line like ours, and a self proclaimed "mad scientist" as an offensive coordinator, it's pretty unreasonable to expect a ton of production from a sophomore QB who is getting no developmental coaching.