GT: NKU at #21 Nebraska - 1PM - BTN Plus

I was streaming the game audio on my way home from Chicago. It didn't sound like that bad of a performance for the first official game. It seemed like everyone was contributing in one way or another. Walter was having a rough scoring day, but he appeared to be helping out in other ways. Are there any thoughts by those who saw it?

It really wasn't a bad first game. We started slow but gradually picked up the pace. I didn't feel we played with a sense of urgency.

A few players that impressed:

1. Petteway- It took awhile but he eventually found a rhythm. Didn't look to be playing hard on defense tho.

2. Tarin Smith- I think he will be a good one. He came in mid way thru the first half and was pretty quiet. Late in the game he was in with 4 cleanup guys and was our go to guy on the floor and he impressed me. Smooth and saw the whole floor.

3. David Rivers- Hustled every minute he was on the floor.

4. Shavon Shields- Still strong driving to the basket and I don't think he missed a free throw all afternoon.

This game might have been closer had N Kentucky made free throws. At one point they were under 40%

I'll say it now and continue to say it throughout the year. This team goes as Tai Webster goes. He won't be the main scorer, but he could take this team to a whole new level. He showed flashes today, just couldn't get a few to fall, but the potential is there. And he finally showed confidence today.

I was streaming the game audio on my way home from Chicago. It didn't sound like that bad of a performance for the first official game. It seemed like everyone was contributing in one way or another. Walter was having a rough scoring day, but he appeared to be helping out in other ways. Are there any thoughts by those who saw it?

Rivers is playing with a lot of confidence; Walter is struggling; Shields may be our most complete player (didn't miss a field goal or free throw); Petteway is the same with even longer range on his jumper; and it looked like the entire team was trying hard to get Webster some looks to boost his confidence.

Rivers is playing with a lot of confidence; Walter is struggling; Shields may be our most complete player (didn't miss a field goal or free throw); Petteway is the same with even longer range on his jumper; and it looked like the entire team was trying hard to get Webster some looks to boost his confidence.

Walter had A rough game shooting and it was 1 game!