LJS's Steven M. Sipple: Pelini's program should be past such embarrassments

Odd how sipple jumps ship once we are practically eliminated from going to Indy isn't it? Hmmmm

+1 here. I noticed that as well, almost like he (hint, hint) had inside information as to the expectations laid out last winter?

Man, I hope that's the case. Please tell me that this loss and missing Indy leads to regime change...

He's not as strident as the guys from the Herald, but Sip does have his own way of landing a blow. His column overloads with facts and setting, seemingly goes out of its way not to say it directly, but there it is between the lines somewhere.

A loss such as Saturday's gives you pause. I'm guessing it will give Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst plenty to think about on the long ride home — none of it pleasant.

I'm sure Eichorst has a lot of unpleasant things to think about and a few even more unpleasant conversations ahead of him. What he lacks is a lot of time to stew. Nebraska has a date with another power running team in Minnesota, an outfit which two weeks ago dismantled Iowa (say what you will about Kirk Ferentz; his teams rarely get blown out), and last week took the Urban Meyer-led East Division frontrunner into the fourth quarter. After that, it's a short week and a road game against an Iowa team that bounced back from their drubbing, and would feel like Christmas came early if they could pound one more nail in Nebraska's season.

Papuchis was right about next week. We will find out a lot. If that salty Minnesota squad goes up two scores before the half, the boo birds are going to start filling their lungs. If the game looks remotely like yesterday's, Eichorst may well have his decision made for him.

This is going to be a weird week.

This fact from Sip's article made me want to hurl:

The 6-foot-1, 213-pound Gordon is a great running back, obviously. But Western Illinois held him to 38 yards on 17 carries.

Western Illinois!

We had two weeks to figure out how to hold Gordon and we couldn't do it! Western Illinois could so could Northwestern but we couldn't!! SO SAD!!

That's the thing, Wisconsin was one dimensional, we knew this, had two weeks to plan for it and couldn't stop it. That tells me everything I need to know.

This. We knew what was coming.

The rest of the nation knew what was coming.

Pelini can say that they made adjustments, and that there were missed tackles, and all the excuses in the world. This team plays undisciplined in big games. The reason?

Teams take their cue from their leader. (That's you, Pelini)

If you are losing your s**t on the sidelines, how can you not think that the team isn't going to lose their collective s**t on the field?!?