Bo's monday presser in full

Nobody

^^ I just spit soda out my nose. That's funny!

EDIT: It's the typical Bo when speaking to the press. Not sure why everyone is nitpicking his comments. I agree the loss was embarassing & unnaceptable but I think there are better complaints of Bo than his comments. I wish more coaches would treat the press like crap, maybe it would get journalists doing more than just op-ed type pieces...

The Sooners are a 3-loss team that got waxed 48-14 by Baylor this year. So, yes, very bad losses do happen.

If Bo fails here as it seems pretty likely at this point, the next coach is going to come in and he will also endure tough losses, even if he is a successful coach overall.

• Fire 1

The Sooners are a 3-loss team that got waxed 48-14 by Baylor this year. So, yes, very bad losses do happen.

If Bo fails here as it seems pretty likely at this point, the next coach is going to come in and he will also endure tough losses, even if he is a successful coach overall.

Baylor would do the same to Wisconsin

• Fire 8

How do you define "tough losses"? If you mean "blowouts," I think that's terribly speculative to assume. More important is the sense of quitting. The blowouts in 2008 didn't bother me as much as the recent ones. The Texas Tech game got away from us in a hurry and it was hard to keep up. But I never got the sense the team gave up. They were just outmatched. The "tough" part about Pelini's recent blowouts is the way you can literally watch the players fall apart mentally right in front of your eyes. I don't honestly recall seeing anything like it in sports other than watching Nebraska.

Here's the thing people miss when they point to OU losing to 48-14: Stoops has earned the right to have a blowout loss here and there. He's actually won a national championship and some conference championships, plus has more than a few BCS bowl appearances. Bo does not.

Blowout losses are major withdrawals from the coaching credibility account. Bo's account is more than a touch overdrawn at this point.

• Fire 3

zoogs come on man.

There are bad losses. Then there is Nebraska under Pelini.

To give your statement context, Oklahoma lost by 4 scores to the #6 team in the nation. Even if you ignore the fact that Stoops has championships, lots of them, guess how many times Oklahoma has lost by 4+ scores in Bob Stoops' career?

7 times

against

#13 Kansas State

#1 USC

#1 Texas

#21 Texas Tech

#3 Oklahoma State

#5 Baylor

#6 Baylor

7 times in 15 years.

Bo has lost by 4+ touchdowns 7 times in 7 years. And 4 touchdowns is a really generous window that ignores games like 2013 UCLA.

• Fire 7

a lot of good coaches share bo's floor. bo shares none of their ceilings.

also, gordon broke the single game rushing record. that is a distinction only held by bo.

• Fire 5

I agree with this.

I'm not here to defend Bo's record, just to caution against turning anger over the recent results into a necessity to staunchly disagree with everything Bo says or does. We have to maintain some degree of sanity after all, especially when it comes to applying expectations to the next coach, who is likely to suffer worse than 9-win seasons, big losses to ranked teams, and get heat for loyalty to assistants. Just as the next offensive coordinator will also pass on first down, "go away from what's working", and so on.

• Fire 1

I agree with this.

I'm not here to defend Bo's record, just to caution against turning anger over the recent results into a necessity to staunchly disagree with everything Bo says or does. We have to maintain some degree of sanity after all, especially when it comes to applying expectations to the next coach, who is likely to suffer worse than 9-win seasons, big losses to ranked teams, and get heat for loyalty to assistants. Just as the next offensive coordinator will also pass on first down, "go away from what's working", and so on.

that is true. i think overall most people have been patient with bo and would be with the next coach, other than the standard monday morning quarterbacking.

i just think it has become a totality of the circumstances kind of thing at this point. this loss was so bad because of everything that has, and has not, come before it.

frankly, i do not blame bo for what he said. he has nothing else to say at this point and obviously is lacking in substantive answers.

• Fire 1