Bo's monday presser in full

Nobody

I'm not here to defend Bo's record, just to caution against turning anger over the recent results into a necessity to staunchly disagree with everything Bo says or does. We have to maintain some degree of sanity after all, especially when it comes to applying expectations to the next coach, who is likely to suffer worse than 9-win seasons, big losses to ranked teams, and get heat for loyalty to assistants. Just as the next offensive coordinator will also pass on first down, "go away from what's working", and so on.

Forget all of the details.

The reason Bo should justifiably be gone is because there has been no big picture progress from year 1 to year 7. That's it.

• Fire 1

The Sooners are a 3-loss team that got waxed 48-14 by Baylor this year. So, yes, very bad losses do happen.

If Bo fails here as it seems pretty likely at this point, the next coach is going to come in and he will also endure tough losses, even if he is a successful coach overall.

Oklahoma also won the Sugar Bowl last year. We won the Gator Bowl.

I'm not here to defend Bo's record, just to caution against turning anger over the recent results into a necessity to staunchly disagree with everything Bo says or does. We have to maintain some degree of sanity after all, especially when it comes to applying expectations to the next coach, who is likely to suffer worse than 9-win seasons, big losses to ranked teams, and get heat for loyalty to assistants. Just as the next offensive coordinator will also pass on first down, "go away from what's working", and so on.

The reason Bo should justifiably be gone is because there has been no big picture progress from year 1 to year 7. That's it.

Well, he's not a big picture guy, after all.

The Sooners are a 3-loss team that got waxed 48-14 by Baylor this year. So, yes, very bad losses do happen.

If Bo fails here as it seems pretty likely at this point, the next coach is going to come in and he will also endure tough losses, even if he is a successful coach overall.

a lot of good coaches share bo's floor. bo shares none of their ceilings.

I agree with this.

that is true. i think overall most people have been patient with bo and would be with the next coach, other than the standard monday morning quarterbacking.

i just think it has become a totality of the circumstances kind of thing at this point. this loss was so bad because of everything that has, and has not, come before it.

frankly, i do not blame bo for what he said. he has nothing else to say at this point and obviously is lacking in substantive answers.

Exactly. If this was the first or even the 2nd time in Bo's tenure that Nebraska's been beaten this bad, it would be a different story. Yeah, it would suck, but we wouldn't be calling for his head like we are.

i listened to parts of this earlier today...

Didnt bo say something along the lines of "if you havent played the game you wouldnt understand"?

werent we outraged when Billy C put insulted our intelligence by saying something similar?

Bolievers, why is it ok now?

yeah. That kinda aggrevated me. Pretty sure i could see the simple technical adjustment they made to get us to bunch the cgap then hit us on the edges so that we start to over compensate allowing them to gash us with simple power. Why? All because that Peytonesque Joel Stave forced us to stay in a two high base. And we never once turned loose our future first round DTs to penetrate and disrupt.

Also, im quite confident i could teach our oline NOT TO TURN DLINEMAN LOOSE OVER AND FRICKIN OVER AGAIN.

I know its a bit ridiculous that i didnt care about audiogate but this infuriates me.

Last two times against Wisconsin. Two completely new defenses. Both times get blown out. Both times Bo blames it on missed assignments. C'mon man just admit that your scheme doesn't work against the Badgers. There's no way your players mess up their assignments THAT bad in both games.

The scheme worked fine for a quarter when we played our fits and tackled. The rest of the game it didn't work. Wiscy didn't do anything drastically different yet we were hashed like no other defense in the history of football. I would say the players should wear some of the blame. U have unblocked next level defenders absolutely whiffing in the run fits. Gordon made us pay.

Last two times against Wisconsin. Two completely new defenses. Both times get blown out. Both times Bo blames it on missed assignments. C'mon man just admit that your scheme doesn't work against the Badgers. There's no way your players mess up their assignments THAT bad in both games.

The scheme worked fine for a quarter when we played our fits and tackled. The rest of the game it didn't work. Wiscy didn't do anything drastically different yet we were hashed like no other defense in the history of football. I would say the players should wear some of the blame. U have unblocked next level defenders absolutely whiffing in the run fits. Gordon made us pay.

no. It wasnt drastically different but little adjustments make a big difference. A little angle here, a matchup there. Tet we do NOTHING to counter.

Didnt bo say something along the lines of "if you havent played the game you wouldnt understand"?

werent we outraged when Billy C put insulted our intelligence by saying something similar?

yeah. That kinda aggrevated me. Pretty sure i could see the simple technical adjustment they made to get us to bunch the cgap then hit us on the edges so that we start to over compensate allowing them to gash us with simple power. Why? All because that Peytonesque Joel Stave forced us to stay in a two high base. And we never once turned loose our future first round DTs to penetrate and disrupt.

Also, im quite confident i could teach our oline NOT TO TURN DLINEMAN LOOSE OVER AND FRICKIN OVER AGAIN.

I know its a bit ridiculous that i didnt care about audiogate but this infuriates me.

running 2 high safeties was so awesome.... we held wiscy to only 40 yards passing the entire game lol

40 yards passing and we still gave up 56 unanswered hahahahahaha

Until Sat, I was in Bo's corner. Still wanted some folks gone....Beck, Cotton, Garrison, Els........, BUT thought Bo had turned the corner. D was "looking" solid and getting better. The PR unit leading the nation, better in the public etc... and then this disaster...........

It's the cumulative body of work over a period of 7 years.........Time to realize the staff, in its current configuration isn't getting it done...

running 2 high safeties was so awesome.... we held wiscy to only 40 yards passing the entire game lol

40 yards passing and we still gave up 56 unanswered hahahahahaha

And never once tried to adjust. Hell we could have watched our film from McNeese St to see how to stop a running team..........

The players should wear some of the blame. But whose job is it to coach up the players? Who is supposed to get them ready to go? To motivate them so they dont whiff and so they make their run fits? Whose job is it to rally the players or calm them down when adversity strikes?

Apparently, that's nobody's job.

The players should wear some of the blame. But whose job is it to coach up the players? Who is supposed to get them ready to go? To motivate them so they dont whiff and so they make their run fits? Whose job is it to rally the players or calm them down when adversity strikes?

Apparently, that's nobody's job.

That is the coaches job to do that. We have rallied before when adversity hit. Our defense has responded well to bad situations. Hell they endured 3 quarters of ineptitude from our offense in east Lansing and held Mich st to as low as anyone this season has without an offense. So the same staff that rallied our troops and made adjustments then were on the sideline Saturday. Players need to make plays. They have done it all year.

2 high safeties is not the worst thing we could have done. It is not like they were 12-15 yards off the ball they were at 8.

no. It wasnt drastically different but little adjustments make a big difference. A little angle here, a matchup there. Tet we do NOTHING to counter.

Maybe they don't pay attention to little things either? Just trust the system.