11 Wins

At some point intime the proverbial wheels are gonna fall off with this staff. Personally i thought it did saturday. At some point this talented younggroup of players will see past all the "love bo" and "runnin through a wall" stuff and realize this staff is not capable of putting them in the best postion they can be to be a great football team. Its what happened to callahan. That team phoned it in from an effort and desire standpoint. Its my opinion but to me thats what happened saturday. You can only blame missed assignments and lack of execution so many times before you have either change whats being taught or whos teaching. Im just not seeing a complete buy in on either side of the ball. I dont really see a team believing in what theyre doing.

I am still somewhat shocked that Iowa last year, who was not very good, wasn't the moment all the wheels came off and triggered the change. It's all so strange how that came and went and now, with good reason, the tone is all right back.

Yeah. Not only the loss at home, in the bumbling fashion in which we lost, but the firestorm of a presser afterwards.

"You want to fire me? Then fire me." People talk about Bo's supporters in the Admin, but the only reason he's still here after Iowa is that the guy(s) they wanted weren't willing to come here. There's a reason Eichorst didn't speak to the press and didn't release a statement the day of the Iowa game last year. That missive he released, supporting Pelini, could have been emailed to the press any time Friday afternoon/evening. It's not like it took long to write.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

Yep agree. I also think it's reasonable to think that both the blowout losses that have happened will happen again - AND - (gasp) someday, the stars will align for Bo and NU sometime where 1 or more championships will happen. There are some serious flaws....but honestly...they aren't THAT far off......

Some non-stubborn changes and some luck in recruiting and scheduling (again) and it is honestly reasonable to see a championship happening.

Yep agree. I also think it's reasonable to think that both the blowout losses that have happened will happen again - AND - (gasp) someday, the stars will align for Bo and NU sometime where 1 or more championships will happen. There are some serious flaws....but honestly...they aren't THAT far off......

Some non-stubborn changes and some luck in recruiting and scheduling (again)

The blindness persists it is sad, I feel like throwing up literally

LOL - OK pal. It is possible to see both perspectives vs being so zeroed in on an agenda. I didn't quantify my statement, so you are probably just interpreting it for me to say that NU and Bo are on the cusp and aren't trying to insult me, who you don't know. I didn't say they are on the cusp. I don't think they are much further than a few steps in the right direction away either.

Whether I think Bo could actually or would actually take the right steps....well I didn't offer my opinion because it doesn't apply here.

I beg to differ sir it sure looks like you are of that opinion by your post, about achieving a championship

I'm pretty sure I'd take him coaching at NU too.

That is hilarious.

.728 winning percentage in the sec.

BCS victories

Great recruiter (who's against over signing)

Nebraska native

Winning record in bowls.

Actual seasons with less than four losses

Conference championships.

--it's not that ridiculous.

• Fire 3

To do it right, Eichorst needs two main things. Big money support, and a plan. I really dont think he had either one last year. The whole hot seat deal really blew up within a few weeks last year and to where it was real unbearable, I just dont think they were prepared. Going into this year, i would they had a plan. obviously with all the things like audiogate, Bo's iowa day tantrum, etc. i would hope that they came into this year understanding it could go sour again and that the fanbase as a whole is on the verge of jumping ship and that they need to be prepared. So at this point I hope they have a plan.

As far as the big money support. Well only time will tell i guess.

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

It's still hard to take MN seriously, but I'm sure most of us will this weekend. I've rewatched some of there games and man. I'm not confident in a once guaranteed victory. Cobb is a beast and there passing game is much better than UW. With ameer unhealthy I fear the worst. And then iowa could put the cherry on top. They aren't that good but I said the same thing last year.

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

No ones asking the new coach to go undefeated.

And I love how we are all assuming Bo's getting an 11-2 team when he's never come close to that before

At some point intime the proverbial wheels are gonna fall off with this staff. Personally i thought it did saturday. At some point this talented younggroup of players will see past all the "love bo" and "runnin through a wall" stuff and realize this staff is not capable of putting them in the best postion they can be to be a great football team. Its what happened to callahan. That team phoned it in from an effort and desire standpoint. Its my opinion but to me thats what happened saturday. You can only blame missed assignments and lack of execution so many times before you have either change whats being taught or whos teaching. Im just not seeing a complete buy in on either side of the ball. I dont really see a team believing in what theyre doing.

I am still somewhat shocked that Iowa last year, who was not very good, wasn't the moment all the wheels came off and triggered the change. It's all so strange how that came and went and now, with good reason, the tone is all right back.

Yeah. Not only the loss at home, in the bumbling fashion in which we lost, but the firestorm of a presser afterwards.

"You want to fire me? Then fire me." People talk about Bo's supporters in the Admin, but the only reason he's still here after Iowa is that the guy(s) they wanted weren't willing to come here. There's a reason Eichorst didn't speak to the press and didn't release a statement the day of the Iowa game last year. That missive he released, supporting Pelini, could have been emailed to the press any time Friday afternoon/evening. It's not like it took long to write.

I went into work the next day and the first conversation I had began with, "Who do you think they're going to hire?" It wasn't even a question of if any more. It was more like, as I watched that game with the hat-swipe and yelling that was topped off with that flame out of a presser, it just seemed *obvious* that he knew that he was fired. That's how he was behaving, I mean. My game-day companions all thought that, too. It was such a bizarre display that we just assumed that he knew he was gone. I was kind of on the fence last year and was in the " he needs to make some major staff changes" camp. But right then, he was behaving like a lunatic, like he was in the football version of Network or something. The only reason I think he was still around was because of the size of his buyout. Give him another year, lower the buy out, and possibly give him a chance to redeem himself.

I have to think that he knew that game may have been the harbinger of the end of his tenure here. I mean, he seemed so confused and just befuddled like a man of twice his age suffering from mild dementia. "I don't know. I really don't know." His apparent lack of understanding is a pretty good reason to let him go as a head coach. I'm sure he'll find a home in the NFL as a DC or a position coach.

• Fire 1

I'm pretty sure I'd take him coaching at NU too.

That is hilarious.

.728 winning percentage in the sec.

BCS victories

Great recruiter (who's against over signing)

Nebraska native

Winning record in bowls.

Actual seasons with less than four losses

Conference championships.

--it's not that ridiculous.

Actually his winning percentage is .696 in the SEC. (Bo's is .704 in conference).

Fertile recruiting grounds.

Don't care if was born in Nebraska.

1-1 in Bowls against Bo Pelini despite playing game in back yard.

3 actual seasons with MORE than four losses.

Zero conference championships since before Pelini was even hired.

AND:

Loses games he shouldn't (in embarrassing fashion).

More disciplinary issues than you can shake a stick at.

2 losses this year, in which both teams are FAR WORSE than MSU and Wisconsin. Did you see the Florida game?

• Fire 2

I am so sick of this argument. Because Bo is let go for getting blown out against ranked opponents, we would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated? Why? Why the jump from 4 losses to undefeated? Why do people have to blow the situation out of proportion like this?

The problem isn't the 9 wins or the 4 losses. Some need to get that through their thick heads. The problem is not being competitive with reasonably decent teams. Period. As far as I'm concerned the new coach can come in here and only win 9 for a few years, as long as he's not struggling with McNeese and getting curb stomped by every top 30 team he faces. The expectation is not a better record than Pelini has generated. The expectation is winning some games that matter instead of getting embarrassed. It's really that simple.

• Fire 4