Hire top notch coordinators?

30Rozier

Pardon my optimism , but I think you get a new DC and OC, and let Bo know he's got one year to unfuck this program, or he'll be needing a new gig...

I disagree.

If he must be forced by outside pressure to make changes he has no business being the CEO of the football program. A guy is either trusted to do his job properly, or he isn't.... Either let Pelini run the program as he sees fit, or axe him. This is a situation where the middle ground is not the best option, IMO.

Now if Pelini unilaterally, and without threats, fired his coordinators he would have a much better case for being given more time.

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

i thought we'd dispelled the myth of "30" a while back when we could only find about 14 who's title's - when even stretched - matched anything relating to recruiting or operations.

I must have missed that discussion where it was dispelled. Sorry, 14. SEVEN TIMES more than we have afforded ourselves, including over $200,000 to Steele.

Pardon my optimism , but I think you get a new DC and OC, and let Bo know he's got one year to unfuck this program, or he'll be needing a new gig...

I disagree.

If he must be forced by outside pressure to make changes he has no business being the CEO of the football program. A guy is either trusted to do his job properly, or he isn't.... Either let Pelini run the program as he sees fit, or axe him. This is a situation where the middle ground is not the best option, IMO.

Now if Pelini unilaterally, and without threats, fired his coordinators he would have a much better case for being given more time.

tumblr_mbfv5xgDfo1qm44fco1_400.gif

This is not an excuse for losing to Wisconsin in that fashion. Not at all. That was inexcusable.

However, I don't think we are opening up the checkbook and showing all the support we could. It is noticeably harder to recruit from Nebraska's recruiting grounds. One would think we would need much more dedicated than others.

This is not an excuse for losing to Wisconsin in that fashion. Not at all. That was inexcusable.

However, I don't think we are opening up the checkbook and showing all the support we could. It is noticeably harder to recruit from Nebraska's recruiting grounds. One would think we would need much more dedicated than others.

we also don't face anything near the same competition as bama does.

so bringing bama up at all is completely moot.

so bringing bama up at all is completely moot.

We are striving to improve our recruiting, but bringing up the #1 recruiting team and their tactics is moot. OK.

yeah, i agree. it is moot. bama has a capable coach that knows how to utilize talent, like heisman candidate rb's and top 5 nfl draft de's and dt's.

we should be wondering what msu and wiscy are doing and why we are unable to have similar success, let alone compete with those teams.

If Bo wanted to go get Chad Morris and/or Kirby Smart for $1.4M, do you think he would have the Administration's support? If he wanted to 10 more recruiting staffers, would their be a win-loss ultimatum attached? If we part with Bo, do you think we spend more than $4M? Can anyone answer yes to those three questions with straight face?

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

i thought we'd dispelled the myth of "30" a while back when we could only find about 14 who's title's - when even stretched - matched anything relating to recruiting or operations.

Bama has 24 non-coaching personnel, not including graduate assistants, set to earn an aggregate total of $1.6 million this year. Without knowing who all is included in their 24 non-coaching individuals, one could say Nebraska's aggregate total is $876,909. Not too far behind Bama, especially considering in 2013 they paid their Director of Player Personnel close to $150,000 more than Nebraska did. That's what you get when one school has Kevin Steele and the other has Brian Crist. And I don't say that to disrespect Brian. One is a well known, proven individual while the other is still working his way up the ladder.

• Fire 1

If Bo wanted to go get Chad Morris and/or Kirby Smart for $1.4M, do you think he would have the Administration's support? If he wanted to 10 more recruiting staffers, would their be a win-loss ultimatum attached? If we part with Bo, do you think we spend more than $4M? Can anyone answer yes to those three questions with straight face?

we are not competing in the sec. we are competing in the big 10. when we can win our division, i might start worrying about competing with bama.

and if we hired joe moglia for $1, probably.

Would you invest in a losing product? It's kind of a tough situation. Personally, I wouldn't give Bo anything, he hasn't shown he can maximize what he has. Pouring another 3+ million into the program maybe buys 1 more win and solidifies Bo's place in that front office for a long time because "you can't fire a coach that wins 10 games a year". If we want to win 12, 13, etc - it's gotta be the seat in that office we change. Anything else is just kicking the can down the road.

• Fire 1