Hire top notch coordinators?

30Rozier

This one, post #32 by Polo is a pretty good way of saying things. Willie also hits it with this response. Every time Bo has asked for something, even under Osborne and the same with Eichorst, he's been told to put together a plan of attack. Unfortunately, to the few people that reviewed his plan, it wasn't very impressive, and this wasn't the first time. Instead of shutting him completely out, Eichorst agreed to additional staff members for 2014 (2015 class) and a reevaluation to see how things are going with a more than real opportunity to add staff in the immediate future. I can't recall if the meetings take place monthly or every other but I do know they'll meet about it all in December for a 2015 (2016 class) decision. I know Kearney is making an impact, haven't heard much about the other guys so hopefully they are as well and Bo has it outlined to how it benefited the program. Without details, we may be stuck in neutral until it's all laid out.

On top of the above, it wasn't clear a year plus ago (when the planning took place) if the NCAA was going to allow an unlimited number of recruiting assistants. Like the decision or not, there was also reservation from all involved, including Pelini, about hiring x-number of people than letting them go a short time later or eating their pay for a full year. This played a minor role in the decision but it was a factor.

This is what strikes me about anyone that would share what happened but leave out why it happened. As in any case, it's the most important part and regardless if one is pro or anti Pelini, I can't imagine anyone would disagree with that from a business standpoint. At some point, a certain group of people need to step back and realize, Shawn has done more good to support Pelini than he has bad. The most money ever has been spent on recruiting, the most access to private jets in the history of our football program and additional recruiting staff members have been added. Will that continue? I have no reason to believe it won't, pending recruiting staff...

Great insight. Thanks!

Yeah when kchusker_chris proposed it a few years back, I thought he was out if his mind. The entire concept intrigues me a lot more these days. I guess it helps Moglia has shown something as a coach now.

Back then I had Moglia eating most of his salary for the benefit of having the $$ to fund one of the highest paid staffs in CFB. I still think that could be done, starting Moglia at $1.5million, but we'll need to pay him a little more than my original plan. Hell, we could have Moglia cover Bo's buyout if he really wants the job :). But the theory was (and still kind of is) that the disparity between the head coaching salary and the assistant salary is a fiscal problem for a place like Nebraska where we likely need to pay a little more to ensure we have higher quality assistant coaches. Bo eats up 60% of the pool, yet the 9 assistants have a far greater impact (positive of negative) on the outcome of the game than Bo. We're going to have to be different to realize that sort of success, we can't try to position ourselves within the box the SEC has created, paying $5million/year for a head coach. Either we go big at $7million+, or we look for an alternative way to do things. Moglia opens up a lot of doors in that regard, both financially and in the way he'd approach hiring/coaching. He's at the top of my list definately. He might even be someone that could convince Frost to come in as the OC at $1million/yr with the intention being that in 5 years Frost transitions into the HC roll. I'd think that would fit into the timetable they both would have for their careers, reduce the risk to Frost in his first HC gig, and position him for a VERY long career as a HC. It would provide stability to a program that desperately needs it, and provide a long term foundation to build on - making recruiting that much easier.

• Fire 1

Ultimatums?

This one, post #32 by Polo is a pretty good way of saying things. Willie also hits it with this response. Every time Bo has asked for something, even under Osborne and the same with Eichorst, he's been told to put together a plan of attack. Unfortunately, to the few people that reviewed his plan, it wasn't very impressive, and this wasn't the first time. Instead of shutting him completely out, Eichorst agreed to additional staff members for 2014 (2015 class) and a reevaluation to see how things are going with a more than real opportunity to add staff in the immediate future. I can't recall if the meetings take place monthly or every other but I do know they'll meet about it all in December for a 2015 (2016 class) decision. I know Kearney is making an impact, haven't heard much about the other guys so hopefully they are as well and Bo has it outlined to how it benefited the program. Without details, we may be stuck in neutral until it's all laid out.

On top of the above, it wasn't clear a year plus ago (when the planning took place) if the NCAA was going to allow an unlimited number of recruiting assistants. Like the decision or not, there was also reservation from all involved, including Pelini, about hiring x-number of people than letting them go a short time later or eating their pay for a full year. This played a minor role in the decision but it was a factor.

This is what strikes me about anyone that would share what happened but leave out why it happened. As in any case, it's the most important part and regardless if one is pro or anti Pelini, I can't imagine anyone would disagree with that from a business standpoint. At some point, a certain group of people need to step back and realize, Shawn has done more good to support Pelini than he has bad. The most money ever has been spent on recruiting, the most access to private jets in the history of our football program and additional recruiting staff members have been added. Will that continue? I have no reason to believe it won't, pending recruiting staff...

Great stuff...Thanks

If Bo wanted to go get Chad Morris and/or Kirby Smart for $1.4M, do you think he would have the Administration's support? If he wanted to 10 more recruiting staffers, would their be a win-loss ultimatum attached? If we part with Bo, do you think we spend more than $4M? Can anyone answer yes to those three questions with straight face?

New coordinators do you think that moron we call a coach , hell he can't even make a complete sentence! You think he wants anyone around him with with half a brain and have to worry about the guy telling him" UH BO why in the hell are we doing that" hell no he wants his flunkies so he appears like the smartest guy in the room.

If Bo wanted to go get Chad Morris and/or Kirby Smart for $1.4M, do you think he would have the Administration's support? If he wanted to 10 more recruiting staffers, would their be a win-loss ultimatum attached? If we part with Bo, do you think we spend more than $4M? Can anyone answer yes to those three questions with straight face?

New coordinators do you think that moron we call a coach , hell he can't even make a complete sentence! You think he wants anyone around him with with half a brain and have to worry about the guy telling him" UH BO why in the hell are we doing that" hell no he wants his flunkies so he appears like the smartest guy in the room.

tell us how u really feel

tell us how u really feel

Well you might have to read between the lines ;)

Now? Few and none would work with Bo.

But this should never have been a point of dicussion. It should have happened from day 1, instead of allowing nepotism to Bo's buddies.

I have always wondered when someone would mention the stories about how Bo ran Phil Bennett and Chad Morris out of town when both basically begged to be hired by Nebraska.

True story - after Watson was canned (wasn't announced until after NSD, IIRC), Morris spent a week in Lincoln getting to know all the assisants in hopes it would help him get a job in Lincoln. Bo hired Beck instead. :hmmph

Isn't Morris having a sh**ty year at Clemson?

Yes, but a lot of that is out of his hands, IMO.

IMO, you're wrong. Poor roster management is the problem. If we don't sign Watson, Stoudt is our starter all year, and that's no good. Also, he likes to throw the ball 2 yards behind the LOS on 3rd & 4. Play calling has been an issue as of late.