Hire top notch coordinators?

30Rozier

Any "hamstringing" done on recruiting isn't being done by Shawn Eichorst.

Bo asked for six, he got two. That is "hamstringing" by the Administration.

"We've done everything they've asked us to do, within reason, so to me that should be a sign of support right there," Eichorst said.

He must not believe six new recruiting positions are within reason.

Let's pretend you're a boss. You have an employee that says he doesn't need a work laptop to do his job successfully. Then, after a few less than great reviews, he says he wants six laptops, as it's the only way he can possibly do what's being asked of him.

I'd say, given the attention Bo paid to recruiting his first few years, he's lucky he got two.

And that still flies in the face of the "Everything we've asked for, we've gotten" quotes among others when he was repeatedly asked about his recruiting chest.

Sorry, but Bo has plenty provided to him to succeed in every outlet of his job. The fact that he's not is on him and his staff.

• Fire 2

i just want to point out, we are not giving up rushing records to wisconsin because of recruiting. we are in the big 10 (and the weaker of the two divisions), we are doing fine with recruiting.

Yes. Recruiting had exactly dick to do with the result of the Wiscy game, or any of the other blowouts for that matter.

• Fire 1

i just want to point out, we are not giving up rushing records to wisconsin because of recruiting. we are in the big 10 (and the weaker of the two divisions), we are doing fine with recruiting.

Yes. Recruiting had exactly dick to do with the result of the Wiscy game, or any of the other blowouts for that matter.

wiscy and msu have won the big 10 since we arrived. do they have more resources provided to recruiting?

He also made a preseason deal with Eichorst which included the increased recruiting budget, private jet, etc.....the other end of the bargain was that Bo was to win at least 9 games with no blow-outs, and appearing in Indy, according to most reports. So there's mutual lack of performance here if that's what you're eluding to.

And I thought he didn't want to be like Alabama?

"according to most reports"

I have never heard of this "deal" you speak of. Do you have a link for these reports? I'd like to read.

Hey, I'd like a link to this claim...

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

I already know you don't have a link, you read it on a pro-Pelini message board. The same message board that claimed Eichorst denied Pelini the necessary resources for recruiting. The same message board that claimed Eichorst is against Pelini and doesn't support him in anything.

Funny thing is, a short few months later, it was publicly released that in 2013, Nebraska football spent the most money on recruiting in the history of Husker football. Let that sink in for a bit. You don't have to believe me for the bold, unlike you I have a link. Right here. To top it off, and I'm not sure it became public knowledge but also in 2013-2014 (for the '14 recruiting class), the football staff had the most access to private jets in the history of our program. Another let that sink in for a bit moment, without a link to my knowledge.

So while it's easy for someone to throw out, "He requested 6 but only got 2", one should also give a little more detail as to why it happened, if in fact it actually did.

• Fire 3

Pardon my optimism , but I think you get a new DC and OC, and let Bo know he's got one year to unfuck this program, or he'll be needing a new gig...

He'd never do it, and those two would never work for Bo.
Bo doesnt want new coordinators, Im not even sure he wants his job if hes forced to hire new guys.

Exactly. Force new coordinators on him, pick them for him.....he gets pissy and quits. He's gone, we didn't have to fire a 9/x coach and everyone gets to move on.

While Eichorst's data about Nebraska ranking sixth nationally in financial support in recruiting from 2011-12 applies to all sports and not specifically to football, Husker coach Bo Pelini did offer public praise for the increased private plane usage coaches received the last month before signing day.

"It was huge because I thought we had a pretty good finish to this class, and you're not able to do that, the way things are now, just flying commercial," Pelini said on signing day. "We got tremendous support from the administration. I thought we were able to finish off strong and get a lot of places in a short period of time."

Access to private planes has become one of the hot talking points when it comes to the college football recruiting arms race.

As for how private planes will be used for future Husker recruiting, Pelini said: "I don't think that's going to be an issue going forward."

Man. Bo sure took the gloves off there.

I have never heard of this "deal" you speak of. Do you have a link for these reports? I'd like to read.

Hey, I'd like a link to this claim...

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

You don't have a link, you read it on a pro-Pelini message board. The same message board that claimed Eichorst denied Pelini the necessary resources for recruiting. The same message board that claimed Eichorst is against Pelini and doesn't support him in anything.

Funny thing is, a short few months later, it was publicly released that in 2013, Nebraska football spent the most money on recruiting in the history of Husker football. Let that sink in for a bit. You don't have to believe me for the bold, unlike you I have a link. Right here. To top it off, and I'm not sure it became public knowledge but also in 2013-2014 (for the '14 recruiting class), the football staff had the most access to private jets in the history of our program. Another let that sink in for a bit moment, without a link to my knowledge.

So while it's easy for someone to throw out, "He requested 6 but only got 2", one should also give a little more detail as to why it happened, if in fact it actually did.

Sorry I don't have a link for you, and I didn't claim it was by most reports. According to my friends inside and around the program, and informed members on here such as da skers, he requested 6+ staff members.

I hope we are spending the more money than we have before. I certainly don't want to be spending less. Isn't that how it goes with the boom of college football, recruiting, inflation, etc.?