Hire top notch coordinators?

30Rozier

Now? Few and none would work with Bo.

But this should never have been a point of dicussion. It should have happened from day 1, instead of allowing nepotism to Bo's buddies.

I have always wondered when someone would mention the stories about how Bo ran Phil Bennett and Chad Morris out of town when both basically begged to be hired by Nebraska.

True story - after Watson was canned (wasn't announced until after NSD, IIRC), Morris spent a week in Lincoln getting to know all the assisants in hopes it would help him get a job in Lincoln. Bo hired Beck instead. :hmmph

Isn't Morris having a sh**ty year at Clemson?

Yes, but a lot of that is out of his hands, IMO.

Was the Administration going to make him the highest paid OC in the nation and pay him the $1.3M Clemson did in 2011?

Morris didn't get that raise until after the 2012 season. He was making $450k a season when he was first hired.

And money is never an issue here. We have the funds and resources to compete financially with any school in America when it comes to hiring assistants.

Isn't Morris having a sh**ty year at Clemson?

Team was averaging over 40ppg with Deshaun Watson as their starting QB. After he broke his hand, the team has barely been averaging 20ppg.

Was the Administration going to make him the highest paid OC in the nation and pay him the $1.3M Clemson did in 2011?

Morris didn't get that raise until after the 2012 season. He was making $450k a season when he was first hired.

And money is never an issue here. We have the funds and resources to compete financially with any school in America when it comes to hiring assistants.

He was given his raise in December 2011.

I think we may have the resources, but may not be allowed to spend them.

Not only would "elite" coordinators not want mediocre Bo Pelini for a boss, they'd also want to run their own systems, and we all know Pelini thinks he's the smartest guy in the room so new coordinators would be running the same Pelini crap anyway.

this, their own system and their own position coaches, there would be a lot of staff turn over hiring new coordinators.

Exactly.

I agree with what I've heard talked about over the last several days - I don't think Bo being told to hire new coordinators would go over very well. And even if he was told to do that, essentially re-tooling his entire staff, then why not just get rid of Bo at that point too? What's the saving grace with Bo that would pardon him from leaving but kick everyone else out?

Hypothetically, in terms of defense, that's Bo's defense. He calls the shots. He won't find a guy to bring his own system in here because, to me, that just wouldn't sit right with Bo. Offensively, as mentioned, a new OC would likely want to bring coaches they trust and know into work with them. Most of the offensive guys are guys Bo knows well (Ron Brown, Ganz, Beck, etc.)

If you're going to get rid of both coordinators just get rid of Bo.

Meant after the 2011 season. My mistake. He was however paid $450k in his initial season at Clemson.

And the resources are there because they are meant to be spent. They aren't there to be looked at. Resources didn't have to be rounded up for the numerous positions added to the recruiting offices, the changes in the training complex, etc., Bo asked, and these things were given.

And even with all the turmoil around the football program this year, the last I was told is that Eichorst has been terrific at fundraising and athletic donations are up considerably from at this same point last year, FWIW.

• Fire 1

I am really getting frustrated with all these solutions that assume things can get better with new coordinators. Bo is the HC...who is going to pick these new coordinators? What coordinators are going to work for Bo? Why do we need Bo if somebody (Eichorst or whoever) has to force him to change coordinators? What has anyone seen of Bo Pelini to make them think a situation like this could possibly work? Does Bo strike you as the type to listen to new ideas and release control of his team? Can you picture him trying to make anything work that was forced upon him?

Sorry folks, we aren't getting out of this situation without a major shake up that includes a new head coach. Yes, the current OC and DC are huge problems but Pelini is part and parcel of the problem at this point. there is no separating them. He made his bed. New coordinators are NOT the solution. Good ones won't be given free reign to do what they want and they won't work for him. Period. And the bad ones....well we've already got two bad coordinators. Plus, why in the hell would it be desirable to keep Bo at this point? What on earth does he bring to the table?

Nine wins? Almost any coach could get 9 wins with our resources and these schedules. That can't be it.

Defensive guru? Sorry, that ones been debunked.

Fan and media relations? Ok, that was uncalled for, I'm just being mean now.

Sorry, he is not contributing anything unless you like seeing the team pitted against the fans.

So, let's please stop with the all we need is new coordinators bs. IT WON'T WORK.

Meant after the 2011 season. My mistake. He was however paid $450k in his initial season at Clemson.

And the resources are there because they are meant to be spent. They aren't there to be looked at. Resources didn't have to be rounded up for the numerous positions added to the recruiting offices, the changes in the training complex, etc., Bo asked, and these things were given.

And even with all the turmoil around the football program this year, the last I was told is that Eichorst has been terrific at fundraising and athletic donations are up considerably from at this same point last year, FWIW.

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

Bo requested 6 new positions on the recruiting staff; he was afforded two. TWO. Alabama has 30.

He also made a preseason deal with Eichorst which included the increased recruiting budget, private jet, etc.....the other end of the bargain was that Bo was to win at least 9 games with no blow-outs, and appearing in Indy, according to most reports. So there's mutual lack of performance here if that's what you're eluding to.

And I thought he didn't want to be like Alabama?

It was reported on this board back in the off season. But he was given more access to things like planes.

As for the "he demanded x and he got two", let's not forget he said for the longest time he didn't need anything of the sort.

Any "hamstringing" done on recruiting isn't being done by Shawn Eichorst.

Any "hamstringing" done on recruiting isn't being done by Shawn Eichorst.

Bo asked for six, he got two. That is "hamstringing" by the Administration.

"We've done everything they've asked us to do, within reason, so to me that should be a sign of support right there," Eichorst said.

He must not believe six new recruiting positions are within reason.