Kenny Bell Speaks Up

Always the fans fault with these players. Get blownout, blame the fans...

And if the mailman forgot your mail or dropped it multiple times, yes, he would be fired. Because he sucks at his job. As would anyone on this board if we suck at our jobs.

Especially if the mailman gave up a USPS record of forgotten/dropped mail in one day

• Fire 1

There's nothing wrong with what Kenny said. I was expecting something controversial, not a player with passion for his team and love for his coaches speaking his mind.

The heat is really turning up on the staff right now, and that's not because the fans are crazy. It's because of the blowout, not the first one. You get the sense the team isn't handling the heat as well as they could. I really hope they figure it out. I think we'd all rather see the program succeed now than go through the tumult of a coaching change.

There's nothing wrong with what Kenny said. I was expecting something controversial, not a player with passion for his team and love for his coaches speaking his mind.

The heat is really turning up on the staff right now, and that's not because the fans are crazy. It's because of the blowout, not the first one. You get the sense the team isn't handling the heat as well as they could. I really hope they figure it out. I think we'd all rather see the program succeed now than go through the tumult of a coaching change.

I just find it hilarious that the players were blamed by the coaches for lack of execution, then they go and bitch about the fans.

Kenny should in management. All they do is deflect blame onto others as well.

Actually, I think a lot of people want to go through the tumult of a coaching change, most would actually welcome it over what has been going on the past few days. At least that's what I have gathered from the posts on this board this past few days. Success went out the door last saturday and it took a permanent residence in Madison, WI. Things aren't working anymore and it is time to move on.

Bell isn't running his mouth any more than the rest of us here...right?...RIGHT?!?

So if you have a problem with it, then ask yourself if you know what defines a hypocrite or what constitutes double standards.

Bell does, to some extent, get a pass from me because I believe he saved Pelini from getting an unsportsmanlike penalty last Saturday. If anything, I feel sorry for Bell because his coach doesn't seem to return the favor when it comes to loyalty.

I also would rather see Bell & company to make more of a statement on the field, although from my perspective, beating Minnesota and Iowa will never be the same as if they had beaten Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Lastly, remember that there is no Twitter without a Twit. Don't be that Twit. If Twitter makes you mad, PM me and I should be able to tell you how to power down the source of your unhappiness.

I'm upset about Saturday's game. Or, I should say. I was upset..for about an hour. Maybe even into Sunday morning. But it is over for me now. Not my fanship for the Huskers. That will NEVER be over.

But what upsets me, or perhaps I should say disturbs me deeply, is that so many, adult men and/or women are so hateful about everything right now. Jeepsus cripes! You guys hate Bo and his 9 win seasons (and bad losses..which are the teams by the way not yours!), you hate Beck, you hate Barney, you hate TA, you hate KB, you hate players who don't "see" your particular brand of hate, and you hate each other because you are freaking convinced your reason to hate is the best reason, and not someone else's reason to hate. All over a blessed "GAME".

I truly pity all of you that are so wrapped up in this thing personally. I'm an alum. Had close relatives that were part of the program. But I gather ZERO self identity from a bunch of kids playing a game.

Stop the hate. Get off the board till you are happy. Find other joy in your lives. You'll be much better off, and so will those around you.

That this post shows a misunderstanding of the fundamental nature of a very devoted fan.

If everyone posting in this thread, or all of the threads after the Wiscy game, were nothing but negative all the time, there would be a point here. But we aren't. Mostly, most of us are mostly happy. Most of us hate nothing (except losing, and being a laughingstock across the college football world).

I'm a Bo supporter, believe it or not. I still think he needs to not be the head coach here anymore.

I'm a Kenny Bell fan, believe it or not. Still think he needs to stop trying to "educate" fans that are, for the most part, older than him and have been fans of this program since before he was born.

I'm a Tim Beck fan. I'm a Barney Cotton fan. John Garrison fan. Ross Els fan. But none of them should be coaching here. There's no hate involved in that belief, just an observation based on the product they put on the field.

No, everyone here isn't personally wrapped up in these kids playing this game. But we are avid fans of college football, and for the most part we know what good football is, and we know when we aren't seeing it. That's what we're (mostly) saying here.

Knapp you are the voice of reason on this board. All I could do was throw smart ass gifs at the guy.
x2. Very well said Knapp. You truly encapsulate the thoughts of the dirty, wretched masses that frequent this board, and we're thankful for it.

There's a distinction between hating a guy and wanting them elsewhere for the sake of the program. Likewise, there's a difference between hating a guy and wishing they'd stop running their mouth futilely to people who are a LOT smarter than he thinks.

Bell isn't running his mouth any more than the rest of us here...right?...RIGHT?!?

So if you have a problem with it, then ask yourself if you know what defines a hypocrite or what constitutes double standards.

Bell does, to some extent, get a pass from me because I believe he saved Pelini from getting an unsportsmanlike penalty last Saturday. If anything, I feel sorry for Bell because his coach doesn't seem to return the favor when it comes to loyalty.

I also would rather see Bell & company to make more of a statement on the field, although from my perspective, beating Minnesota and Iowa will never be the same as if they had beaten Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Lastly, remember that there is no Twitter without a Twit. Don't be that Twit. If Twitter makes you mad, PM me and I should be able to tell you how to power down the source of your unhappiness.

He isn't running his mouth. He is blindly protecting a guy that placed all the blame on him and the players for his own failures. Then Kenny turns around and attacks the people who have cheered him on at every game. There is nothing hypocritical, we are just sick of being the battered wife for Bo's failures.