Kenny Bell Speaks Up

I'd say I'm as avid and knowledgeable of fan as there is. I've followed Husker football since early to mid 1960s, when a winning season was reason to celebrate. I've not said that what I see on the field resembles a "good product". I'm saying that being avid doesn't have to mean rabid, which it appears many on this board have become. I did over generalize perhaps, as obviously not everyone on here is over the edge. But my point is, you can be an avid fan and love the team without becoming personally involved and losing all sense of relativity.

Also, for full disclosure and as a measure of "I know you can be avid and maintain a balance"..I did live and die with what happened on the field many years ago. If the Huskers lost on Saturday, I couldn't pick up the paper from the porch on Sunday. My week was literally ruined till Thursday when I could focus on the next game. I yelled at my wife during games when things were going badly and she wanted to "talk". I've been there and returned. But I am no less an avid fan. I save my energies for those things I can effect.

We're drinking from the same cup, me & you.

This place'll be OK in a few days. Much like you're describing here, people just need to vent. And Kenny really needs to rethink the comments he addresses to fans.

• Fire 1

Not all opinions on here are stupid, but some are awful. People post behind their blanket of anonymity and and throws daggers at the players, coaches, and team that they "support". Why bring this stuff up in season right now. Changing anything now is dumb. Support DONU over the next few games and see what happens.

Forget that anonymity nonsense. I'd happily tell Kenny Bell, in person, that he's being an asshat.

But you dont. if u really wanted to you could find Kenny ball and call him a derogatory word. But u post it on here instead.

I live 600 miles away from Lincoln. If someone wants to set up a Skype call with him for me, let me know. I'll happily tell him my name, age, address, and phone number. Then I'll tell him he behaves like a spoiled 3 year old, the fans of Nebraska are literally the only people on his "side", and that these coaches make more money than I could dream of and making a "putting food on the table" argument to keep them is the most goddamn ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've fed a family on $40,000 a year. Kenny Bell needs to grow up.

This place'll be OK in a few days. Much like you're describing here, people just need to vent. And Kenny really needs to rethink the comments he addresses to fans.

I hope so...but a Minnesota win...oh boy, sh#t's gonna get real!

The season's already toast. 99% of us already think Bo needs to go. I doubt a Minnesota win will be met with much anger. Nobody would be surprised, anyway.

• Fire 2

...or to save the 2014 season...

Their intent was not so forward-thinking.

Maybe, maybe not. I know none of the details. I'd say everyone that wants Bo gone on this board is looking to the future. No one (excepts skers' wife) has much of a vendetta against Bo. This is a decision that needs to be made in the interest of the future of Husker football, not in the interest of Bo's family or Cotton's kid that is still on the team. The changes that are made are being done for 2015, 2016 and beyond.

The season's already toast. 99% of us already think Bo needs to go. I doubt a Minnesota win will be met with much anger. Nobody would be surprised, anyway.

This goes back to that "hoping they lose" crap we argued over last year for half a month - but it's obvious there needs to be major changes made...will that happen if they go 10-2? I don't think so. Part of me thinks another loss or two is necessary for change to occur.

It's official, KB is a DB.

As a matter of fact Kenny, I do believe I could do better than Bo in many areas. If you're happy with 9 wins against the little sisters of the blind, well, that explains an awful lot of what we see on the field every week.

And yet you are posting on a message board.
+1, but, I bet his record on NCAA football on xbox is outstanding and always pulls top 5 recruiting classes. So he does have that going for him

That's fine, go ahead and attack me. I would bet most the posters on this board, you included, could do better than Bo in many areas. Like I'm pretty sure most of us could conduct our business without alienating the fan base. Pretty sure there aren't too many people who would refer to Nebraska fans, in a profanity laced tirade, as f'ing Fairweather fans. I could sure do that part of his job better. I also think I could possibly motivate the players a little better and maybe, just maybe, recognize when a game plan isn't working and try something else. Bo struggles with that if you havent5noticed. But go ahead and concentrate on me instead of the problem.

This goes back to that "hoping they lose" crap we argued over last year for half a month - but it's obvious there needs to be major changes made...will that happen if they go 10-2? I don't think so. Part of me thinks another loss or two is necessary for change to occur.

I know someone posted a Status Update last night saying they hope we lose out (name withheld in case he regrets it this morning), but I think that's a pretty rare opinion.

Personally? If Eichorst doesn't see that staff changes need to be made after the Wisconsin game (and McNeese State, and Sparty) then losing out won't change anything. Maybe if we get blown out by both Minny & Iowa, but the decision should have been made already.

At a minimum Coordinators need to change. That's either a fix or a bandaid on a gunshot wound, so it could be buying Bo just one more year. 2003 all over again.

I'd say everyone that wants Bo gone on this board is looking to the future. No one (excepts skers' wife) has much of a vendetta against Bo. This is a decision that needs to be made in the interest of the future of Husker football, not in the interest of Bo's family or Cotton's kid that is still on the team. The changes that are made are being done for 2015, 2016 and beyond.

Agreed.

I got a reality check for you all. How many of you that are doggin' on KB's words, would still be doggin' on them if they came from AA?

This isn't the profound "deep thoughts" moment it was probably intended to be. Had Ameer said these things he'd be getting the same kind of grief. Had he dispensed this kind of asshattery over the past couple of years on twitter he'd have a three- to four-page thread of people rolling their eyes at him.

But Ameer didn't say this. Ameer wouldn't say this, at least not publicly, because he has the common sense not to, to know that saying these things publicly don't help anything, and in fact throws gas on the fire.

• Fire 3

That's either a fix or a bandaid on a gunshot wound, so it could be buying Bo just one more year. 2003 all over again.

That is kind of what I keep thinking. Sure, excellent defensive stats from that year (well, except against the running QBs) but I could definitely just see it prolonging the agony. How fitting that BP would be involved both times.

I'm upset about Saturday's game. Or, I should say. I was upset..for about an hour. Maybe even into Sunday morning. But it is over for me now. Not my fanship for the Huskers. That will NEVER be over.

But what upsets me, or perhaps I should say disturbs me deeply, is that so many, adult men and/or women are so hateful about everything right now. Jeepsus cripes! You guys hate Bo and his 9 win seasons (and bad losses..which are the teams by the way not yours!), you hate Beck, you hate Barney, you hate TA, you hate KB, you hate players who don't "see" your particular brand of hate, and you hate each other because you are freaking convinced your reason to hate is the best reason, and not someone else's reason to hate. All over a blessed "GAME".

I truly pity all of you that are so wrapped up in this thing personally. I'm an alum. Had close relatives that were part of the program. But I gather ZERO self identity from a bunch of kids playing a game.

Stop the hate. Get off the board till you are happy. Find other joy in your lives. You'll be much better off, and so will those around you.

Personally this is right about how I feel Grandpa.

Knappic is quoting Corinthians, some on this board could become a little less child like also, probably including myself. I know it is venting and all but acting like your are looking at things logically and less emotionally than Kenny Bell does is a little strange IMO.

Kenny Bell saying what he did on Twitter was probably stupid, but the way some get upset about it is just as stupid.