Kenny Bell Speaks Up

we are just sick of being the battered wife for Bo's failures

. So walk away from him / them / Nebraska football. If the game makes you mad, don't watch it. If the Tweets rile you up, don't read them.

They can't beat you if you aren't with them...right?...

I was waiting for the "don't be a fan" comment. Do you think we are the only fans out of every team in the nation that criticizes its players and coaches? If we can't do that then why in the hell do we have a message board? Just to say nice things about a coach that says F%$# the fans? No thanks.

Not all opinions on here are stupid, but some are awful. People post behind their blanket of anonymity and and throws daggers at the players, coaches, and team that they "support". Why bring this stuff up in season right now. Changing anything now is dumb. Support DONU over the next few games and see what happens.

Forget that anonymity nonsense. I'd happily tell Kenny Bell, in person, that he's being an asshat.

• Fire 3

Not all opinions on here are stupid, but some are awful. People post behind their blanket of anonymity and and throws daggers at the players, coaches, and team that they "support". Why bring this stuff up in season right now. Changing anything now is dumb. Support DONU over the next few games and see what happens.

Forget that anonymity nonsense. I'd happily tell Kenny Bell, in person, that he's being an asshat.

I would also tell him that his belly button scares me. It's weird looking.

• Fire 3

Ooookay, let's maybe walk back the battered wife analogy.

We're football fans upset with the direction of the program, not victims of domestic abuse.

Sorry, the analogy may have been in bad taste but I wasn't far off from it IMO. Bo blames us for his shortfalls and up until this point the majority of the fan base believed it was their fault for the teams problems.

But, sorry if I offend anyone.

We're football fans upset with the direction of the program.

I don't think Pelini will ever win a conference championship either, if that is what you are thinking. He just doesn't have the horsepower under the hood to make it up that hill.

I also know that I have no power to change that or the direction of Nebraska football. So I take the good, make sarcastic remarks about the bad, and go on with life, and thank the Lord I am not a Texas Longhorns fan, who excel in making themselves miserable over such things.

Ah heck, Bell is just a young guy that see's all the passion and hard work that Bo puts into this job and he's sticking up for him. Who hasn't felt like that about a 'good dude' that was trying hard but not quite 'getting it done'? Can't blame him, I appreciate his alliance. Trouble is, in the real world (be it coaching a program football team, managing a department store, answering to the public as a safety manager, whatever...) being a 'good dude' and 'trying hard but not quite getting it done' isn't good enough. Bell will learn that as he gets older and you know, I'll bet if you asked Bo about all this... I'll bet he would get really mad and chew your ARS! GO BIG RED. Now it's time to get ready for Minner-sota because I think we can rage them into the FIELD if we play like we did against Miami. GBR!

• Fire 1

I would also tell him that his belly button scares me. It's weird looking.

Cant. Stop. Laughing.

But you dont. if u really wanted to you could find Kenny ball and call him a derogatory word. But u post it on here instead.

• Fire 1

But, sorry if I offend anyone.

I don't think you did, and if and when Bo leaves, he might really enjoy coaching in a largely empty stadium and walking down the street with no one knowing or caring who he is...maybe Colorado.

Texas A&M needs a defensive coordinator, but if Bo doesn't mesh well here, I really, REALLY think he wouldn't go over well with that scrotum grabbing, quasi-cult of a football team.

But you dont. if u really wanted to you could find Kenny ball and call him a derogatory word. But u post it on here instead.

Why would we do that? And how would we find him? Post an ad on craigslist?

A few thoughts:

1) "You and me against the world. Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world." We all want the best for this storied program. We care.

2) I wanted Bo gone last year, and didn't think there was any way he would survive the F-bomb tirade against arguably the best fan base in all of sports, and the daring his boss to fire him gaffe, but then I heard his players liked him which made me facilitate a bit. I watch Bo get in their faces every time they screw up, even to the point of doggin them all the way to the bench so I thought my source was mistaken. Now I read this and I'm thinking it may just be true.

3) I think this could prove problematic in recruiting. We have a lot that is alluring and the fan interest is one thing that's near the top of that long list.

4) Bell's ranting reminded me of Terrell Owens' crying "He's my quarterback, man. My quarterback." Unstable, misguided, and out of character.

5) Bo survived last year, which makes me believe he isn't going anywhere. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, cuz I've seen enough, I hope he doesn't use subterfuge in an attempt to damage the future of this program.

Why would we do that? And how would we find him? Post an ad on craigslist?

CvKVwgm.png

• Fire 8

137341786967.png