Scott Frost

NUinID

Frost's resume is no more impressive than Bo's was in 2007. He's never been an FBS head coach. Therefore, he's a gamble. Just like Bo was a gamble.

Make the decision Osborne was incapable of - throw a dump truck load of money bags at the guy who's won at least a conference title with an FBS program.

I'd take D'Antonio or David Shaw, in that order.

Neither one of those guys is coming to Nebraska. D'antonio is not going to make a lateral move, and Shaw is at home, he went to Stanford. Even with the success Stanford and Shaw have had the past few years the pressure to win is not nearly as great there. Right now I think Stanford is 5-5, he is starting to run out of Harbaugh's recruits. You sure you want him.

I really don't care one way or another. There is no guarantees that a coach with HC experience is going to be more successful than one with only coordinator experience. There are dozens of success stories on both sides of the fence.

• Fire 1

Frost's resume is no more impressive than Bo's was in 2007. He's never been an FBS head coach. Therefore, he's a gamble. Just like Bo was a gamble.

Make the decision Osborne was incapable of - throw a dump truck load of money bags at the guy who's won at least a conference title with an FBS program.

I'd take D'Antonio or David Shaw, in that order.

This times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,002. We cant afford to take "gambles" anymore. We can afford to pay a coach who is a proven winner at an FBS school. Its pretty simple.

I am not a fan of Shaw.

I think the best coach, in the Pac 479807 (considering what he has to work with) is Mike Riley...I don't want him either though

Riley is a good coach, but he is not going anywhere either he went to OSU. He is also a pass happy coach that throws the ball 40+ times a game.

I look at Tressel and I see Tom Osborne, great coach, good person, loves the kids, knows the conference, has strong recruiting ties to the big ten, is still a house hold word. He can recruit with the best of them. Organizational skills through the roof.

We need steady guidance, knowing the ropes, and with that a young firey OC would not be bad. Break open the purse, spend the money to get prove quality, past performance at every assistant hired. Let the college football world we want to win, we will make every effort to win. Let the kids know Nebraska is a future for them.

If we are going to change, we need to go in a completely different direction, back to the Osborne roots would be a good step.

I look at Tressel and I see Tom Osborne, great coach, good person, loves the kids, knows the conference, has strong recruiting ties to the big ten, is still a house hold word. He can recruit with the best of them. Organizational skills through the roof.

If the options are sticking with Bo or taking Tressel, I'd take Tressel in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even have to think about it.

1. Jason Peters

2. Mack Brown

3. Darrell Morris

4. Chris Nizzi

5. Will Muschamp

6. Frank Solich

7. Tommie Frazier

8. Carl Pelini

9. Lane Kiffin

10. Charlie Weis

If anyone has a list worse than my top ten, let's see it.

1. Bill Callahan

2. Kevin Cosgrove

3. John Papuchis

4. Me as a 10yr old playing Genesis using only Hail Mary

5. Billy Blank the Taebo guy

6. Lane Kiffins Wife

7. Will Muschamp drunk on Tequla

8. Tim Beck

9. Tim Beckman

10. Lou Holtz HC, Rece Davis DC, Mark May OC

Not interested in Frost because he doesn't have the experience necessary to do the job. Bo didn't work out, he was a coordinator before, time to find someone with head coaching experience to come in here and make this program successful. And for crying out loud can we bring back some power frigging football?!

Yep. We are on the same page.

If Bo doesn't work out, that doesn't mean every coordinator won't. Frost and Bo are different people.

Frost's coaching star is rising and I like him better as a head coach than a coordinator. I think he could handle it, surround himself with the right people, build the right culture, and be embraced by everybody at any time.

Dan Mullen is probably the hottest prospect in the country right now but I wouldn't be sorry at all to get Frost.

• Fire 1
If Bo doesn't work out, that doesn't mean every coordinator won't. Frost and Bo are different people.

Frost's coaching star is rising and I like him better as a head coach than a coordinator. I think he could handle it, surround himself with the right people, build the right culture, and be embraced by everybody at any time.

Dan Mullen is probably the hottest prospect in the country right now but I wouldn't be sorry at all to get Frost.

I don't think anybody said that Frost won't work out because Bo didn't.

The point is that recent examples in the college football world show that bringing in someone who has meaningful FBS head coaching experience gives a higher rate of success than hiring a coordinator with zero FBS head coaching.

There's a huge difference between those two scenarios.

Also, I don't think Frost has more of a tie to our program than Bo had in 2007. They both had significant successes previously with us.

In my opinion, Frost would be better than a shoe box with a Pikachu sticker on it for a head coach and could probably do better than Callahan, but I wouldn't touch him unless he was the last option. Throw the damn money at a known variable.

For every Bo Pelini and Will Muschamp there's a Brady Hoke or Dan Hawkins. I appreciate the argument, certainly, I just don't think we should automatically discount coordinators. Just as with a guy with HC experience, it's who that guy is and what he's made of that experience that counts.

Anyway, I don't think Frost is a star OC. Bo brought DC starpower to the table but his management style and personality were always bigger question marks as a head coach. Frost I think from what I've seen from him, rates highly in those areas.

I think any hire we do make should start there with the understanding that they'll work to bring in and maintain high caliber coordinators and assistants.