Scott Shanle breaks down Huskers' D v. Wisconsin

QMany

Pelini avoids “beating guys down” with negative tones and harsh language.

“If I get after a kid, (later) I’ll walk up and put my arm around him and say, ‘You’re better than that, right? You know you’re better than that, right?’”

He says defensive coordinators shouldn't show panic, because their players will sense it and react accordingly.

laughing.jpg

http://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/steven-m-sipple-core-philosophies-guide-pelini/article_a3917946-a0ec-5ea7-9076-b8a93f5588b4.html

Pelini avoids “beating guys down” with negative tones and harsh language.

“If I get after a kid, (later) I’ll walk up and put my arm around him and say, ‘You’re better than that, right? You know you’re better than that, right?’”

He says defensive coordinators shouldn't show panic, because their players will sense it and react accordingly.

laughing.jpg

http://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/steven-m-sipple-core-philosophies-guide-pelini/article_a3917946-a0ec-5ea7-9076-b8a93f5588b4.html

“I called the assistant coach over to me and said, ‘All that stuff you just did: Was that for you or for the player? Because I heard you yelling at that kid and not one time did you tell him what he did wrong,’” Pelini says. “I told the coach, ‘So, the next time, it’s on you.’”

LOL

Looking at the tape, you can see we did bring a safety up. Gerry is often found near the LOS.

Which makes sense. Let's put our fast safety up in the box to contend with lineman, fullbacks, and tightends, and leave our slow more physical safety back to cover and chase the back down from behind. I dont understand that at all.

• Fire 1

Looking at the tape, you can see we did bring a safety up. Gerry is often found near the LOS.

Which makes sense. Let's put our fast safety up in the box to contend with lineman, fullbacks, and tightends, and leave our slow more physical safety back to cover and chase the back down from behind. I dont understand that at all.

I can't say whether Cooper was or wasn't much, I just know I did notice Gerry there. Gordon was also running outside quite a bit, might have needed Gerry's speed and tackling over Coopers' ... lack thereof.

I can't say whether Cooper was or wasn't much, I just know I did notice Gerry there. Gordon was also running outside quite a bit, might have needed Gerry's speed and tackling over Coopers' ... lack thereof.

I'll have to watch for that. I guess I saw us mostly in our base 2-high. yeah, Gerry was usually the first fitter and Coop was more or less a contain guy, but I guess I didnt notice Gerry up in the box presnap much. But also, as a fat guy, I tend to pay more attention to detail in the trenches. And watching Valentine and Collins play arouses me, so....

• Fire 1

Bo in 2007:

“Our philosophy is to create a culture of swarming to the football — that’s the first thing we do,” he says. “I want opposing teams, when they’re watching film of us, to say, ‘Wow, how do they get those guys to play so hard?’”

melvin-gordonjpg-5257a4ab21305ebf.jpg

Was this while he was at LSU, or in his interview to become the HC at NU.....