"Our national perception is better than our local one"

NUpolo8

our national perception is a joke to anyone born before 1975 and we are non existent to anyone born after 1995

and Missou lost to auburn in a shoot out out in the SEC championship last year. id say the SEC has been a good move for them. if they don't pinkle against Georgia they were probably #1 in the nation for a bunch of last year...yeah id like to be the missou of the B1G. the teams that went to the SEC have faired quite well.

What is it to people born in 1987?

Who cares?!

:D

"..So, yes, I'm baffled as to how Pelini remains in charge in Lincoln, mostly because I can't believe how far Nebraska's standards have fallen. This is a program that once considered national titles and top-10 rankings as its birthrights. Now, the Cornhuskers are just tickled to beat an 8-4 SEC foe in the Gator Bowl. For this modest level of production, the school is also apparently willing to excuse Pelini's very un-Nebraska-esque tirades. Just think about this for a second: Over the course of last season, Pelini A) was heard on a tape cursing out the entire fan base, and B) all but asked the school to fire him at his postgame press conference following a loss to Iowa. And yet, our undeterred reader is merely "looking forward to what [Pelini] does this season." Nebraska, what the heck happened to you? You're like a former supermodel now slumming it as a B-list actress. You can do better. But hey, I'm not complaining. The longer Pelini stays, the longer @FauxPelini stays relevant." - Stewart Mandel in January 2014

I got a chuckle the other night when Danny Kanell (sp) actually stated on air that the ACC was the worst power 5 conference.

He was right.

When the B1G poster boy team gets owned at home by one of the bottom third ACC teams, I'm not sure I see it. We should probably look at signature wins here as reference. What signature win does Ohio State have? Oh, they have Michigan State. What signature win does Michigan State have? This is where we have to put Nebraska. Now, the question really is are we a quality opponent and should Michigan State be able to use us as a signature win? If so, then there's entirely too many threads about needing a change in direction. Ohio State nearly got beat by Penn State. The question really is whether the B1G really even has a very good team?

I'm not going to go on and on why the ACC is better than the B1G. They have the only undefeated team in the top 10, and returning NC winner. They get bonus points for this. I'd say the rest of the ACC is on par with the B1G, but the B1G doesn't really have that top team like the ACC does.

Indiana beat one of the front runners for the SEC championship game. They have yet to beat a B1G team. So I guess the SEC is just as bad?

• Fire 2

From Travis Haney on espn.com http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/post?id=3901&ex_cid=espnapi_public

A year ago this week, Bo Pelini defiantly asserted that his Nebraska program was “heading in a good direction.”

Nebraska lost four games in each of Pelini’s first six seasons. Losses to Wisconsin and Minnesota the past two weeks have perfectly positioned the Huskers for another four-loss season.

Nebraska is not heading in any direction at all. It’s on a hamster wheel, and no amount of feline fun and social media snark from @FauxPelini can set it free.

Edited by zoogies
please do not post premium content. quoted text modified to public blurb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2K5fnMsfwk&app=desktop

I think this sums it up nicely.

he was thinking about so much he forgot to stand.

that is a joke, but i really think the way to program is ran that they are so focused on all the details for fear of being berated and because the is the focus, that they lose the ability just to play.

If it wasn't for twitter and crap like this, Nebraska would never be relevant.