Your Bo Pelini Argument is Invalid

NUpolo8

TheSker. Are you still defending Bo? Or are you just simply hinting at what will happen? Do you have surefire evidence? Can you add something to the discussion other than your snide remarks like "bo aint gettin fired" that and "osborne" this. Its gettin old. It was gettin old when i myself blindly defended bo. Offer up your reasoning. Explain to us in any way shape or form that the retention of Bo pelini as head football coach wont result in a complete crumbling of the Nebraska football culture from the inside out.

Easy guy.....not necessary. To answer your questions.....I'm fine if the decision makers retain Pelini. I do not like the brand of football currently being played, especially on offense. Evidence of what? I have no evidence of anything, but the actual decision is made by a very small number of people. And yes, those people are heavily influenced by Tom Osborne.

I'd rather they were influenced by evidence.

• Fire 1

TheSker. Are you still defending Bo? Or are you just simply hinting at what will happen? Do you have surefire evidence? Can you add something to the discussion other than your snide remarks like "bo aint gettin fired" that and "osborne" this. Its gettin old. It was gettin old when i myself blindly defended bo. Offer up your reasoning. Explain to us in any way shape or form that the retention of Bo pelini as head football coach wont result in a complete crumbling of the Nebraska football culture from the inside out.

Easy guy.....not necessary. To answer your questions.....I'm fine if the decision makers retain Pelini. I do not like the brand of football currently being played, especially on offense. Evidence of what? I have no evidence of anything, but the actual decision is made by a very small number of people. And yes, those people are heavily influenced by Tom Osborne.
still not very clear. You hint at the probability that theres no chance in hell that hes let go. Why is that?

still not very clear. You hint at the probability that theres no chance in hell that hes let go. Why is that?

I would say I'm more in the camp of not surprised if he's retained. There's too much unknown behind the scene, relationship wise, with Osborne, Pelini and Hawks.

I would say I'm more in the camp of not surprised if he's retained. There's too much unknown behind the scene, relationship wise, with Osborne, Pelini and Hawks.
ok then. That clears it up. Just wanted to know where you stand.

Our next coach might be our Brady Hoke or Derek Dooley.

Which would mean years of dark ahead. But in the long run, that's okay, right? You keep moving on until you find the guy.

Unless Bo drops a huge win on Iowa Friday, how can you say with confidence that Bo looks like the right guy?

So you are saying by some miracle that happens and we beat a lowly iowa team that i don't think is in the top 40 that Jackass boy is the right GUY!!!

Bull. S h I t.

That time was once. It has passed

Bull. S h I t.

That time was once. It has passed

M a y b e

Has anyone ever stopped to think why Osborne has Bo's back? Could it be because people tried to run his ass out of Lincoln in the 70's. For that matter some people wanted Devaney fired also.

could it be that he was just resonating the feelings of the truly important folks?

I e-mailed the regents and kind of went off, said that any of Power 5 conference school with a fanbase as devout as ours would have fired the coach last year after the tape recording, but all that we were given was a forced apology and the same mediocre football we've grown ever so sick of. Two out of the four as Bo-lobbyists though. This whole process would already be over had Smith beaten Schafer in the election.

Let's look at another team here for some perspective....

in 2000, under Mike DuBose, this team went 3-8, just after a 10 win season.

DuBose went 4-7, 7-5, 10-3, then 3-8. He was gone, fired.

Then, Dennis Franchione went there. He went 7-5, 10-3 in two years, then bailed to go coach Texas A&M.

After Coach Fran left, Mike Shula got there. He goes 4-9, 6-6, then 10 - 2, then 6-7. Because of NCAA Violations, his wins for 2005 and 2006 were vacated, giving him a record of 9 wins, zero losses in 05 and 06.

Then, in 2007, their new 'savior' arrived. A cast off guy from the Miami Dolphins that nobody liked at the time.

he goes 7-6 in his first season (five wins vacated due to the NCAA violations).

Then he goes 12-2, 14-0, 10-3, 12-1, 13-1, 11-2 and is currently coaching the #1 team in the land right now. That team? The University of Alabama.

That coach? Yep, you guessed it: Nick Saban.

Here's my point....a friend of mine said it to me a long time ago...

Sometimes, you have to "kiss" quite a few frogs to get the prince charming you want.

There's gonna be some 'dark' days ahead. But to get to where you want to go in

this day and age of CFB, you have to be patient, but willing to take risks on the guy you want. Bo isn't the guy - he needs to move on. We need to move on as well to get to where we want to go. Nothing wrong with that.

Bo righted the ship. But even a ship gets a new captain after a while.

P.S. - my friend kissed her prince charming and ended up marrying him. 15 years later, we're still happily married :)

• Fire 2

Then, Dennis Franchione went there. He went 7-5, 10-3 in two years, then bailed to go coach Texas A&M.

After Coach Fran left, Mike Shula got there. He goes 4-9, 6-6, then 10 - 2, then 6-7. Because of NCAA Violations, his wins for 2005 and 2006 were vacated, giving him a record of 9 wins, zero losses in 05 and 06.

Then, in 2007, their new 'savior' arrived. A cast off guy from the Miami Dolphins that nobody liked at the time.

Then he goes 12-2, 14-0, 10-3, 12-1, 13-1, 11-2 and is currently coaching the #1 team in the land right now. That team? The University of Alabama.

Sometimes, you have to "kiss" quite a few frogs to get the prince charming you want.

this day and age of CFB, you have to be patient, but willing to take risks on the guy you want. Bo isn't the guy - he needs to move on. We need to move on as well to get to where we want to go. Nothing wrong with that.

P.S. - my friend kissed her prince charming and ended up marrying him. 15 years later, we're still happily married :)

Never realized there was this dude kissing going on.

• Fire 4

Never realized there was this dude kissing going on.

I said all that, and the best you could come up with was 'dude kissing' ?!?!?!?

my friend (wife) kissed HER PRINCE CHARMING (me)...I mean...

just...nevermind.....

facepalm.gif

Why would Hoke or Dooley mean that?

Just two examples of coaches who failed. I mean it's totally possible our next coach wins 6 games regularly and flames out. But at some point you have to take the risk, right?

You never know unless you try. I think we have enough data points with Bo to know that we're probably several years away from a conference championship (assuming he'd ever get there). I like the idea of taking the risk.